Antwan Barnes for OLB

rollingrock49

Depending on the free agent rules after the CBA is worked out what does everyone think of Antwan Barnes as a FA? SD tendered him at the 4th rd level so I guess it all depends on the rules. Rex is already familiar with him when he was a Raven and could continue to coach him up. Rushing the QB was his thing coming out of college.

Well he's never been a starter in the league and in 5 seasons he's tallied 9.5 sacks, the most being 4.5 last year with the Chargers. While he wouldn't be a horrible option to bring in as a situational player if he ends up being an UFA, I can't see any way he'd be worth a 4th rounder.

Well he's never been a starter in the league and in 5 seasons he's tallied 9.5 sacks, the most being 4.5 last year with the Chargers. While he wouldn't be a horrible option to bring in as a situational player if he ends up being an UFA, I can't see any way he'd be worth a 4th rounder.

Wait till Rex gets a hold of him. He'll make into the next Derrick Thomas, I mean **** look what he did with VG. LOL, I kill myself

Tender offers can often be a starting point for a trade. I'd happily take such a guy for a 6th or 7th round pick.

Barnes is a personal favorite and I agree that he's a possible target. He's quick with a motor and had a solid year with the Chargers in limited snaps. He's someone who can be put on the field when speed/pas rush is what's needed, and i doubt he costs starter money or picks.

Archived