moving to enemy territory

pj1390

I think it is starting now. Judy, my wife, is a para-legal with a real estae law firm and the last few weeks she has been swamped with no end in site. Banks r loosening up a bit and loaning money. I have lost almost 50% on my home the last 3-4 years but just sent in the last payment so as it goes back up, ALL CAKE BABY!!!

We all know what happened the last time banks loosened up.

Unfortunately the very things that caused the mess are still in control of the banks and can happen all over again.

Sorry to hear about the 50% hair cut.

I'm in the mortgage business.....banks haven't loosened sh1t

That's what i am hearing in CO.

Business this time of the year in mortgage loans is down 10-12% from the same time last year.

I think we will still see a 20-30% hair cut in real estate prices before we find the true bottom in the housing market.

Used to live in cape coral now i stay near Tampa. There are plenty of nice places to be if you are 21 in Tampa. lots of fun with great scenery. I would be more worried if I lived in Jax imo. if they dont lead florida in crime they used to a few years back. that is saying a lot when you think about miami.

Panhandle aint florida brah, that is South Georgia. it is better than living in the north east but it aint florida.

Cheap rent > paying a mortgage.

By the time you pay all that interest and other homeowner expenses owning a house isn't the greatest investment. Take that money you'd put in a down payment, and the money that would go to the bank and invest it and you'll wind up financially ahead 30 years down the road.

I think it is starting now. Judy, my wife, is a para-legal with a real estae law firm and the last few weeks she has been swamped with no end in site. Banks r loosening up a bit and loaning money. I have lost almost 50% on my home the last 3-4 years but just sent in the last payment so as it goes back up, ALL CAKE BABY!!!

Real estate is going to come back with a vengeance. Just watch.

I concur regarding renting first. But I can tell you a little bit about what you would see locally from the NFL when you live down there. I lived down there many years ago and I saw the Jets almost every week. But I lived in FT Meyers and the 50 mile rule applies. You will do ok just as long as you are NOT within 50 miles of Miami, Tampa, or Jacksonville. BTW, I only have 2 yrs left in NY with the PD and I will be moving down. I am looking at Lakeland. I can get FIOS there and of course Red Zone. I still may pay for Directv though. I cant wait to get outta here!

Bullsh1t

It will Capt Jon.

They arent making any more land and the population is growing. A housing shorted is predicted.

Things have gone from one extreme (pre recession when it was the wild west) to now where everything is scrutinized to the nth degree. Also, banks are still taking losses on mortgage and credit card defaults. Commercial real estate is disaster area right now with space for lease everywhere you turn.

After next election look for things to crank back up.

I concur regarding renting first. But I can tell you a little bit about what you would see locally from the NFL when you live down there. I lived down there many years ago and I saw the Jets almost every week. But I lived in FT Meyers and the 50 mile rule applies. You will do ok just as long as you are NOT within 50 miles of Miami, Tampa, or Jacksonville. BTW, I only have 2 yrs left in NY with the PD and I will be moving down. I am looking at Lakeland. I can get FIOS there and of course Red Zone. I still may pay for Directv though. I cant wait to get outta here!

Isnt FLA like a mini NYC anyway?

I hear you can get a pretty good pizza pie or bagel down there.

Archived