Ravens' Reed hearts Rex

F.Chowds

By ESPNNewYork.com staff

In an interview currently airing on SportsCenter, Ravens safety Ed Reed admits he loves him some Rex Ryan. Ed Werder sat down with Reed at a football camp to benefit Reed's "Eye of the Hurricane" Foundation.

“Like a dad, like a brother, man,” Reed said when asked about his relationship with Ryan.

“We wanted Rex as the head coach in Baltimore. We did not want him to leave,” said Ryan. “We knew he was a great coach. There was a reason we had a great defense in Baltimore.”

Reed said he's not surprised by Ryan's success with the Jets. “I would play anywhere with Rex -- in a dark alley, in the street, high school, or the sandlot because he truly loves this game. I love Rex and always will. He taught me so much. A lot of guys in Baltimore will say the same thing.”

Oh yeah -- Reed also found time to praise John Harbaugh.

Rex is the mofo'ing man. Bottom line. We have the coolest coach in the history of Football and I <3 him.

Too bad we took Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed. Probably the pick the pisses me off more than any other pick this organization has flubbed...maybe not more than Brady of Sapp...but damn close.

Wake-up people Rex has the best defensive mind in the game...give this guy some studs on defense outside of Revis and Harris we would have the 85 Bears defense ,,,,,Can you imagine if Rex had that group?...ya they would win the Superbowl and be 18-1. F Belicheat he caught lighting in a bottle for a few years with Brady and a video camera, he and the declining patsies are in the past.Go Jets !

Wake-up people Rex has the best defensive mind in the game...give this guy some studs on defense outside of Revis and Harris we would have the 85 Bears defense ,,,,,Can you imagine if Rex had that group?...ya they would win the Superbowl and be 18-1. F Belicheat he caught lighting in a bottle for a few years with Brady and a video camera, he and the declining patsies are in the past.Go Jets !

We invest really heavily in the offense but they are mediocre at best, and for some reason people think that Schitty OC is HC material. Meanwhile the defense gets mostly ignored but performs at the top of the league.

If this team just had a quality OC it's a true SB contender and a 12+ win team. Could've had 14 last year and a first round bye. That could have been the difference, playing one less game, and getting some home games finally.

Archived