Patriots owner Robert Kraft wife died

visajets

God knows those scumbags wouldn't do anything charitable without a clause in their contract. Filthy cheaters.

Hmmm....you may be on to something. Without this clause they would be the NY Jets! Oy! ;)

Joking aside, I thought all teams made their players particiapte in charitable endeavors? I would assume some are very willing partipants, some create their own charity and some take their money and build sustainable farms - like Mankins does. I would think that is right in your wheelhouse, Slats. You strike me as a guy that composts.

Classy. The mods just asked that we keep this thread for paying respects.

It's a joke, Buddy. Lighten up. A great lady died. The rivalry lives on. The first is real life. The second is entertainment. I know the difference. I bet Faba does too.

It's a joke, Buddy. Lighten up. A great lady died. The rivalry lives on. The first is real life. The second is entertainment. I know the difference. I bet Faba does too.

Just giving you what you give us regularly.

even Jetman67 knows the difference. Aside from team loyalty, Myra Kraft was the kind of person we all want in our lives. She had a massive bank account and heart that was just as big. She made a difference in many lives.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkr71t5GXmHD_RqpAOycTBzwZP2g?docId=ac081d6d59a74a26972995a95060000a

Patriots to honor memory of Myra Kraft

(AP) – 2 hours ago

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — The New England Patriots are honoring the memory of Myra Kraft by wearing her initials on their uniforms during every game this season.

The wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft died July 20 after a battle with cancer. She was 68.

The team announced Tuesday that to recognize Myra Kraft's charitable efforts a patch with the initials MHK will be placed on the upper left chest of its uniforms starting with Thursday's preseason opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

She managed the Robert and Myra Kraft Family Foundation and was president of the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, which contributed millions of dollars to area charities.

The organization will honor her with a moment of silence before the regular-season home opener on Sept. 18 against the San Diego Chargers.

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Emotional Kraft reflects, talks shop

August, 10, 2011 2:18 PM ET

By Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – In an emotional meeting with reporters, in which he reflected on the memory of his wife Myra and also hinted at the possibility of a long-term contract with offensive lineman Logan Mankins, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft kicked off the start of the 2011 preseason by declaring “football is back in Foxborough.”

Kraft opened by thanking reporters for the “tone and respect” that has been given to his family over the past two weeks. He then paused to compose himself.

“We have gotten letters and people supporting us from all over the world. I am committed to reading every tweet, e-mail, letter. I have two boxes of letters that are still packed. The reach of my sweetheart is unbelievable,” Kraft said, adding that the Myra Kraft Giving Back Fund has already raised more than $3 million.

Kraft wore a pin with Myra Kraft’s initials, “MHK”, on the left side of his suit jacket. Players and coaches will wear the “MHK” patch throughout the season as the 2011 campaign has been dedicated to her memory.

"I don't know that she understood the global reach of what she did and how she impacted people," Kraft said, fighting back tears. "We have to keep that legacy going. We will continue to do it as a family."

Part of the Krafts' plans is to create an emergency fund in Myra Kraft's name to help those in the region.

Kraft also touched on football business, saying he’s proud to have labor peace over the next 10 years. Then he focused on the Patriots.

“One of the things I’m most proud of coming into the season is we knew this was coming, and we made an effort to tie up our key veterans, people like [Tom] Brady, [stephen] Gostkowski and Vince Wilfork,” Kraft said. “Now, when you have this quick period where you have to react, we were able to get a lot of seasoned veterans on shorter-term contracts – people like Albert [Haynesworth] and Chad [Ochocinco], Andre [Carter] and Shaun Ellis.

“As you look out and look to the playoffs at the end of this year, I think you’ll see those teams that had stability both in terms of their coaching and quarterback have the best chance, in my opinion. I hope that us locking up our core veterans and bringing in these seasoned veterans, and probably you’ll see our good friend Logan Mankins will be signed up soon – hopefully to be a Patriot for life – that couldn’t have happened if we didn’t do our planning for when we went into the lockout.

“That’s been done with a lot of thought and a lot of planning. I hope you have a lot of fun down here in Foxborough.”

RIP

She also wanted no Thugs or Criminals on the Pats.

You have nothing to worry about with Edwards and Holmes.

So THAT'S why the Pats waited until she died to get Haynesworth and OchoCinco.

Kinda like Michael Corleone waiting until Mama Corleone died before wacking Fredo.

Archived