Forget the Jets front Office

TNJet

We were in the win now mode...now what are we doing? Rebuilding on offense? Theres no way we have a better offense now than we did last season no way. And I'm not buying this Jericho wanted out bull...why? cos he doesnt want to be part of a so called superbowl run? Riiight, nice way to sugar coat your a$ reamings Rex. Just say you only care about the defense and we'll believe that atleast. <_<

I'm willing to take that at face value. There may be more to it, but I believe Rex when he says that Cotch asked to leave. Rex' credibility with the players is one of his greatest attributes. He's not going to risk that with an out and out lie.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to take that at face value. There may be more to it, but I believe Rex when he says that Cotch asked to leave. Rex' credibility with the players is one of his greatest attributes. He's not going to risk that with an out and out lie.

A little help here?

Dear Visa and All Other Edwards Supporters - NEWSFLASH: Braylon Edwards will once again spend at least FOUR games on the sidelines this season for his off the field offenses!!! Can we possibly manage to find a WR that might be adequate for the 4 games that he won't be in uniform and beyond??? Me thinks Tanny and Co. know WTF is up.

Phew..good thing we signed a saint in Plaxico Burress to instill more class to our team :) Phuck that. lose lose in every aspect and you know it.

We were in the win now mode...now what are we doing? Rebuilding on offense? Theres no way we have a better offense now than we did last season no way. And I'm not buying this Jericho wanted out bull...why? cos he doesnt want to be part of a so called superbowl run? Riiight, nice way to sugar coat your a$$ reamings Rex. Just say you only care about the defense and we'll believe that atleast. <_<

Right. Sanchez and Rex thought this up as an excuse to cover Tanne's a$$. After all, it isnt in line with your bashing of the Jets, so must not be true. Whatever.

Also... Win-now mode? I agree. We are technically in "win-now mode". And next year, we better be in "win-now mode", and the year after, as well. You have to put yourself in the best situation to win, both now and down the road. Locking up 20+ mil/ yr at WR positions 1 and 2 isnt going to help us with that. Especially not with the defensive minded, physical type ground-and-pound identity that Rex has created for the Jets.

Again, relax everyone. Rex and Tanne know what they're doing. Have a little faith.

Right. Sanchez and Rex thought this up as an excuse to cover Tanne's a$$. After all, it isnt in line with your bashing of the Jets, so must not be true. Whatever.

Also... Win-now mode? I agree. We are technically in "win-now mode". And next year, we better be in "win-now mode", and the year after, as well. You have to put yourself in the best situation to win, both now and down the road. Locking up 20+ mil/ yr at WR positions 1 and 2 isnt going to help us with that. Especially not with the defensive minded, physical type ground-and-pound identity that Rex has created for the Jets.

Again, relax everyone. Rex and Tanne know what they're doing. Have a little faith.

I do have faith. It's just tough sometimes. I really wish there were some better explanations for these moves.

find a new team then.... obviously what wew had last didnt cut it stop ur crying and enjoy the ride

I've been on jet rides of 9-7 and 8-8. Dont need anymore, maybe Rex dissagrees. We couldnt get to the dance with a better offense last year true, so lets get worse that'll get us there. What a stupid statement.

Phew..good thing we signed a saint in Plaxico Burress to instill more class to our team :) Phuck that. lose lose in every aspect and you know it.

CLASS!?!?!?! Do you give a phuck about CLASS?????? I care about players that can help us win - period! Class is an opinion. Just because a player acts like a Boy Scout in public, doesn't mean he has class.

I've been on jet rides of 9-7 and 8-8. Dont need anymore, maybe Rex dissagrees. We couldnt get to the dance with a better offense last year true, so lets get worse that'll get us there. What a stupid statement.

I think we're just as good on offense on paper. My concern is more the long haul. Obviously Burress probably won't be back next year and most likely Mason won't either.... so that leaves us with Kerley as our #1, Turner as #2 and Scotty McKnight in the slot (after Santonio gets his inevitable year long suspension)

Cotchery is a great guy but Mason is a better receiver and it's not really even that close.

Keeping Edwards would have been great but Holmes-Burriss-Mason should be fine. If Mason gives us the 7 TD - 800 Yd season he had last year we will be fine.

If Sanchez can't get on the same page as these three vets that's on him and not the front office.

Holmes is not a #1. Has the guy ever even gotten over the 1,000 yard mark? I can hardly recall a more hyped up receiver. The guy fleeced us. His $$$ = Braylon, Burress and Mason COMBINED. Not to mention, he is one screw up away from a year long suspension! What a boneheaded move. I guess that discussion is for another day though.

Point is, even if we were to release Cotch, we could still have signed both Holmes and BE to give Sanchez some continuity and then draft a WR in round 1 next year to groom.

Now let's be honest, Sanchez is going to have problems and everyone will blame them on him, but it won't be because of him that we are failing but because they like to swap his weapons in and out EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN YEAR. Seriously, 3 years with the same receivers and he would be a different kind of player. Now, good luck.

You find me a team that has kept a good QB, and three starting-caliber WR's together for three consecutive years and I will show you a team that hasn't sniffed playoffs in over three years.

give it until saturday night. this thread may come back to bite you in the a$$

GOD I hope youre right Larz, trust me these moves on offense are scaring me. We are bringing in to many question marks at wr. And we all know sometimes Sanchez cant hit the broad side of a barn if he's nervous/rattled. We need the best wrs we can get.

How can I help?

Just saying, you don't fill your entire receiving corps with stop gap players. You need young receivers to develop with the QB. While BE might not be that young, a locked up receiving corps of Holmes, Edwards and Cotchery with a #1 pick next year to be mentored will keep you in the game. We are going all or nothing yet again, and this thing is going to blow up in our faces if we aren't careful. Mark needs to get on the same page with his receivers... you can't do that with this wide receiver carousel every year.

Ive been on the ride since i was like 4 years old. im 39 now and this is the best its been since I've been a fan.

You find me a team that has kept a good QB, and three starting-caliber WR's together for three consecutive years and I will show you a team that hasn't sniffed playoffs in over three years.

Give me two young---prime career age receivers and lock them in. That is what I want. Bare minimum.

CLASS!?!?!?! Do you give a phuck about CLASS?????? I care about players that can help us win - period! Class is an opinion. Just because a player acts like a Boy Scout in public, doesn't mean he has class.

I was simply pointing out how you were bashing Edwards off the field issues but Plax, who just got out of a 2 year incarceration period, never was mentioned. And he's not even as good on the muthaphuckin field.

Cotchery is a great guy but Mason is a better receiver and it's not really even that close.

Keeping Edwards would have been great but Holmes-Burriss-Mason should be fine. If Mason gives us the 7 TD - 800 Yd season he had last year we will be fine.

If Sanchez can't get on the same page as these three vets that's on him and not the front office.

Great post!!!!

Klecko, at some point you have to stop playing musical chairs with wide receivers. How is Mark ever supposed to get on the same page with his receivers when they change EVER YEAR?

It's not like we even have any young guys to develop and eventually step up.. no. We just have Jeremy Kerley, Patrick Turner and Scotty McKnight. None of those guys will ever start in the NFL.

We locked up Holmes in his prime, that the future. We drafted a slot WR who I think will be a steal. We have 2 vet WR for one year fliers. They clearly didnt see Braylon as a long term option. I wouldnt be surprised if next season thats the highest priority. There is plenty of room to add another receiver. And if we draft one next season, we'll save money under the new CBA. Which helps considering the money we have tied up in the core.

Ive been on the ride since i was like 4 years old. im 39 now and this is the best its been since I've been a fan.

Last year "WAS" the best ride yes I agree...be sure and notice my point. We dont have those guys anymore that really made us click on offense.

Last year "WAS" the best ride yes I agree...be sure and notice my point. We dont have those guys anymore that really made us click on offense.

guys like Cotchery who dropped a crap load of passes and has lost a step and coming off back surgery? Dont pass judgement until you see the final product on the field. The FO is clearing $$ for a reason

Was that us "clicking" last year?!?!?! I phucking hope not!!! I really don't think we were all that and a bag of chips last year on offense.

I've been a jetfan since I was 6 and I'm 29 now...don't act like I just started loving them last year dude, you couldnt be farther from correct there. I witnessed 1-15 in 1996. I witnessed the midnight miracle in 2000 when everyone else went to bed yet I stayed up and saw the greatest comeback I've ever witnessed, by my favorite team.

We locked up Holmes in his prime, that the future. We drafted a slot WR who I think will be a steal. We have 2 vet WR for one year fliers. They clearly didnt see Braylon as a long term option. I wouldnt be surprised if next season thats the highest priority. There is plenty of room to add another receiver. And if we draft one next season, we'll save money under the new CBA. Which helps considering the money we have tied up in the core.

Problem: Holmes is not a #1, and is a whiff of weed away from a year long suspension.

Problem: Kerley will never match Jerricho. Never.

Was that us "clicking" last year?!?!?! I phucking hope not!!! I really don't think we were all that and a bag of chips last year on offense.

Oh okay, but we are now huh? Mason will get us to the superbowl definately.

Give me two young---prime career age receivers and lock them in. That is what I want. Bare minimum.

Id like it too. But proven prime career age receivers, like Holmes... Are not going to be able to be locked in for cheap. Theyd probably cost us about 10 per each. As I said, my guess is we're going to see more of what we have in the young guys.. Kerley, Turner, and McKnight this year, be it in practices or in games. If at the end of the year, the CS feels confident that any of the 3 can contribute as a #2 or #3 receiver, then thats a win. It really is not a big deal if we have to sign 1 year stopgap guys to fill in as we continue to draft and sign young guys to develop.

Agree. We had some miracle wins that saved us from a 7 or 8 win season. Lot's of long stretches where the offense was MIA.

Sanchez gets better in the post season.... at least it seems, so all those dry spells are forgotten.

Just saying, you don't fill your entire receiving corps with stop gap players. You need young receivers to develop with the QB. While BE might not be that young, a locked up receiving corps of Holmes, Edwards and Cotchery with a #1 pick next year to be mentored will keep you in the game. We are going all or nothing yet again, and this thing is going to blow up in our faces if we aren't careful. Mark needs to get on the same page with his receivers... you can't do that with this wide receiver carousel every year.

I've been bitching about the WR situation around here for years and it hasn't seemed to help. I'm very pleased that they have Holmes locked up for the next five years, so that's -at least- a positive.

There's a school of thought that drafting WR's high is a risky endeavor - and the Jets clearly subscribe to that school. They haven't taken a WR higher than the fourth round since Moss in 2001, and I'd expect that to continue. It's funny, because the Jets biggest recent draft busts have been on the DL and they just took two more of those this year - but I digress...

I'd expect the Jets to be players in the FA or trade market for WR's again next year. That's the way they address the position and I don't expect that to change. They got Holmes that way, got decent service out of Braylon Edwards that way, and hopefully Plaxico is a decent stop-gap this year (I think he can be). We'll be very fortunate if Kerley and/or one of the other young guys is able to catch on and develop, too, to provide a little continuity.

We'll see. For this year, it doesn't look terrible.

Think you labor under the mistaken belief that you try to fill every skill postion long-term, and that simply is not how NFL teams are built under the salary cap any more. This is not the 1959 Giants stashing Don Maynard on the taxi squad. Many of the best WRS move around a great deal at the end of their careers. Every team is on a WR carousel every year. Cotchery was a servicable 3rd or 4th WR who is injured. You are getting emtionally invested in the player specifically and an ideal generally that went out the window when the cap became the law. It's a good thing that the Jets' FO and CS are not making such decisions based on emotion. 2012 will come soon enough, and we do have a very good WR (Holmes) under contract. There will be another draft next April and a new set of FAs next March. Worrying about that now is utterly pointless.

Id like it too. But proven prime career age receivers, like Holmes... Are not going to be able to be locked in for cheap. Theyd probably cost us about 10 per each. As I said, my guess is we're going to see more of what we have in the young guys.. Kerley, Turner, and McKnight this year, be it in practices or in games. If at the end of the year, the CS feels confident that any of the 3 can contribute as a #2 or #3 receiver, then thats a win. It really is not a big deal if we have to sign 1 year stopgap guys to fill in as we continue to draft and sign young guys to develop.

10 per??????????

BE signed a 1 year for 3.5. Even if he did that only so that he could hit free agency again next year, no way we couldn't have match if not *exceeded* that #.

Would have been a much better move for this year at least.

guys like Cotchery who dropped a crap load of passes and has lost a step and coming off back surgery? Dont pass judgement until you see the final product on the field. The FO is clearing $$ for a reason

Hey I hope youre right and they bring in another great wr thats in his prime. That might add a lil sense to this nonsense on offense this offseason. But if Moss or TO end up here I dont know wtf i'm gonna do. Lets not get every diva and crackhead that ever scored a td please.

I've been a jetfan since I was 6 and I'm 29 now...don't act like I just started loving them last year dude, you couldnt be farther from correct there. I witnessed 1-15 in 1996. I witnessed the midnight miracle in 2000 when everyone else went to bed yet I stayed up and saw the greatest comeback I've ever witnessed, by my favorite team.

watched it all too. Whats ur point?Your talk of 9-7 8-8 seasons is bs. theres no more soj. whens the last time the nyj had 2 straight afc champ games? Somethings need to change because obviously the team we had couldnt make it to the level

Archived