Revis-Cromartie

#27TheDominator

I was watching that SNY Jets show the other day and they had a piece with Revis. He was asked about Asomugha and Cromartie possibly being pissed about being the consolation prize. Revis never referred to Cromartie as Antonio or any nickname. He constantly called him Cromartie. It seemed odd. At the end he said "Batman & Robin" were together again, which could have been a nickname or an insult. I don't think it means much, but it seemed strange, especially compared to how he spoke about everybody else.

I really don't think they like each other.

Even in the offseason when Revis was getting asked about the potential to bring in Aso, he said nothing but positive things about Aso.

That's fine, but what stuck out to me was the fact that usually players will hedge their bets and at least go, "but, you know, I would also love to play with Cro, he was a big part of what we did here last season." <- That's the politically correct way to go, it's what virtually every player with a brain adds to that conversation... I suspect Revis does not like Cro AT ALL.

I really don't think they like each other.

Even in the offseason when Revis was getting asked about the potential to bring in Aso, he said nothing but positive things about Aso.

That's fine, but what stuck out to me was the fact that usually players will hedge their bets and at least go, "but, you know, I would also love to play with Cro, he was a big part of what we did here last season." <- That's the politically correct way to go, it's what virtually every player with a brain adds to that conversation... I suspect Revis does not like Cro AT ALL.

Revis has stated this many times, and has also said that it would have been a mistake to lose Cro in free agency. Cro has also been quoted saying “It’s all business, but at the end of the day, me and Darrelle, if anything would have happened, we are going to be friends no matter what. We built that friendship last year.” I'm sure they're fine...the thought that "Batman & Robin" was an insult? Little silly dont you think???

I don't think it's a big deal. I'm the last guy to think that every player has to be best buddies. I just thought Revis seemed a little uncomfortable. He may usually call him "Cro" and been trying not to seem too familiar. I don't know, but it was strange and obvious that he wasn't comfortable. I didn't think the Batman and Robin thing is meant as an insult, it's just that was the one sort of informal mention he made and in that case Cromartie is obviously Robin which is pretty much the equivalent of being in the Ambiguously Gay Duo.

Revis has stated this many times, and has also said that it would have been a mistake to lose Cro in free agency. Cro has also been quoted saying “It’s all business, but at the end of the day, me and Darrelle, if anything would have happened, we are going to be friends no matter what. We built that friendship last year.” I'm sure they're fine...the thought that "Batman & Robin" was an insult? Little silly dont you think???

Actually I remember it like that as well. Revis always seemed to at least respect Cro as a player. Maybe he doesn;t want to befriend him too much cause he would be afraid to have that many kids call him Uncle Darrelle?

Archived