Marshawn Lynch

whodeawhodat

Wow, that is what a real running back looks like. I dont know what happened to SG. he looked like he could be that guy a couple years ago. He breaking tackles, running through people, getting yards that Thomas Jones could not. Now, he has regressed and it is impossible to have a ground and pound team(or at least very, very hard). A lot of the reason that we are 3-6 is because he has failed as a #1 back.

Marshawn Lynch man, Marshawn Lynch....

Wow, that is what a real running back looks like. I dont know what happened to SG. he looked like he could be that guy a couple years ago. He breaking tackles, running through people, getting yards that Thomas Jones could not. Now, he has regressed and it is impossible to have a ground and pound team(or at least very, very hard). A lot of the reason that we are 3-6 is because he has failed as a #1 back.

Marshawn Lynch man, Marshawn Lynch....

Shonn Greene never looked like Marshawn Lynch. He lacks the burst and the power that Lynch has always had. Greene gets as much yardage as the OL can get him while Lynch will get that and then get more on his own. Greene looked so much better a couple of years ago because the Jets had a better run-blocking OL.

Lynch's ability to get yards after contact is simply amazing, especially down near the goal line. Fans call it "Beast Mode" because it's like he's impossible to bring down. There's a reason why Lynch was drafted at #12 (aside from the Bills' stupidly trading Willis McGahee and needing a new RB) and why Greene lasted until the third round. Lynch just has more talent.

I like Greene. I probably like him more than anybody on this board. I can see his limitations. The first is that he is not a "bounce it outside" runner. He NEVER gets to the outside unless it's a designed play - that pitch toss they use sometimes. I'm not sure if that's lack of speed, lack of vision or a desire to ram into things. I still think he is effective and think the "broken tackles" stat is a nerd crock of sh*t. OTOH, it may be why he is more suited to being a change of pace or at least having a change of pace which the Jets have failed at since LT got ancient and McKnight and Powell keep getting hurt.

We were talking this on Sunday and my buddy was sure Lynch was much bigger than Greene. Turns out they were the same size.

Greene is basically Lamont Jordan re-incarnated. He looks great when a Defense has spent most of the game trying to shutdown a Curtis Martin or a Thomas Jones and then Greene comes in fresh and starts tearing it up. Make him a feature back and you get what you see now.

Now part of that can be because the Jets CS right now has no idea who they are right now, but Greene has been a real disappointment.

Shonn Greene never looked like Marshawn Lynch. He lacks the burst and the power that Lynch has always had. Greene gets as much yardage as the OL can get him while Lynch will get that and then get more on his own. Greene looked so much better a couple of years ago because the Jets had a better run-blocking OL.

Lynch's ability to get yards after contact is simply amazing, especially down near the goal line. Fans call it "Beast Mode" because it's like he's impossible to bring down. There's a reason why Lynch was drafted at #12 (aside from the Bills' stupidly trading Willis McGahee and needing a new RB) and why Greene lasted until the third round. Lynch just has more talent.

Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired my hick friend from upstate. I never said that SG was/is ever could be ML. I was simply stating that the dood is for real. Didnt you guys trade him away?

I like Greene. I probably like him more than anybody on this board. I can see his limitations. The first is that he is not a "bounce it outside" runner. He NEVER gets to the outside unless it's a designed play - that pitch toss they use sometimes. I'm not sure if that's lack of speed, lack of vision or a desire to ram into things. I still think he is effective and think the "broken tackles" stat is a nerd crock of sh*t. OTOH, it may be why he is more suited to being a change of pace or at least having a change of pace which the Jets have failed at since LT got ancient and McKnight and Powell keep getting hurt.

his first year, I absolutely loved what he did. As Shawn said, he cleaned up a game as good as anyone could. After TJ, wore them down with his 3 yards and a cloud of smoke, SG came in and would finish them off. he did it well.

We were talking this on Sunday and my buddy was sure Lynch was much bigger than Greene. Turns out they were the same size.

Greene is basically Lamont Jordan re-incarnated. He looks great when a Defense has spent most of the game trying to shutdown a Curtis Martin or a Thomas Jones and then Greene comes in fresh and starts tearing it up. Make him a feature back and you get what you see now.

Now part of that can be because the Jets CS right now has no idea who they are right now, but Greene has been a real disappointment.

Thing is, why can't we get what we were getting out of him last year? He's down a half yard a carry.

Thing is, why can't we get what we were getting out of him last year? He's down a half yard a carry.

He is running into people and falling down. It is pretty ****ing sad. I was hopeful that with Luigi on board we would get some good hard downfield running but this is piss poor. He now runs into his own linemen more often than not. Sadly, I dont think that they count that as yardage after contact so he misses out on those 2 yards when he stumbles into a defender and then falls down....

He is running into people and falling down. It is pretty ****ing sad. I was hopeful that with Luigi on board we would get some good hard downfield running but this is piss poor. He now runs into his own linemen more often than not. Sadly, I dont think that they count that as yardage after contact so he misses out on those 2 yards when he stumbles into a defender and then falls down....

Why was he better last year? Wayne Hunter?

Unfortunately, he wasnt 'all world" last year either...He has just gotten worse. Maybe lost that fraction of a second that would beat the defender? IDK, he just dont gots it anymore. I dont like it anymore than you....I dont think it has anything to do with anyone but SG...

Unfortunately, he wasnt 'all world" last year either...He has just gotten worse. Maybe lost that fraction of a second that would beat the defender? IDK, he just dont gots it anymore. I dont like it anymore than you....I dont think it has anything to do with anyone but SG...

Oh, okay. I do. I think it has to do with lots of other people.

Archived