Report: Browns will fire Shurmur, Heckert after Sunday’s game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

If I was Woody I'd talk with Heckert for the GM post...had some good drafts with Cleveland...plus key personnel guy for with Andy Reid and the Eagles...helped build some good teams.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur and General Manager Tom Heckert have been viewed as goners for months. It will soon become official.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the decision has already been made to fire Shurmur and Heckert after Sunday’s finale against the Steelers.
New Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said in November that he’d make his decision on Shurmur and Heckert’s fates quickly at the end of the season, and it appears that what that actually means is he has already made his decision and he will announce it quickly at the end of the season.
Up next, Haslam and his handpicked CEO, Joe Banner, will turn their attention to finding a new coach and general manager as they attempt to revive a franchise that is about to close out its 11th consecutive season out of the playoffs.

http://profootballta...r-sundays-game/

Edited by Jetscode1, 29 December 2012 - 11:57 PM.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#2 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,011 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

If I was Woody I'd talk with Heckert for the GM post...had some good drafts with Cleveland...plus key personnel guy for with Andy Reid and the Eagles...helped build some good teams.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur and General Manager Tom Heckert have been viewed as goners for months. It will soon become official.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the decision has already been made to fire Shurmur and Heckert after Sunday’s finale against the Steelers.
New Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said in November that he’d make his decision on Shurmur and Heckert’s fates quickly at the end of the season, and it appears that what that actually means is he has already made his decision and he will announce it quickly at the end of the season.
Up next, Haslam and his handpicked CEO, Joe Banner, will turn their attention to finding a new coach and general manager as they attempt to revive a franchise that is about to close out its 11th consecutive season out of the playoffs.

http://profootballta...r-sundays-game/

Browns owner is a lifelong Steelers fan. He will go after Cowher. Plus Cowher played for Browns to boot.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#3 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I think it is pretty clear now that Jim Johnson was the reason for the Eagles success during Heckert and Reid's time there. I personally dont want any part of them.

#4 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,178 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think it is pretty clear now that Jim Johnson was the reason for the Eagles success during Heckert and Reid's time there. I personally dont want any part of them.

They also had a legit QB at that time. That means everything, tbh.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#5 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,178 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

All this report really means is there will be competition for the best GM candidates, and all the coaches they will want to hire when in place.

Sucks.

I would hope if given the choice of Jets or Browns, candidates take us... But somehow I feel that we'd botch it up somehow.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#6 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

They also had a legit QB at that time. That means everything, tbh.

McNabb was a legit QB? He was ok - but never elite.

#7 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,075 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Ooph.

Criminally underrated player. Seriously....it should be a crime how badly this guy gets underrated. Underrated!

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#8 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,178 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, he was top 3 at the time he was at his peak and Jim Johnson was with the Eagles. He was Jim Kelly of his QB class, and that is nough to make his coaching staff look great and make my previous statement correct.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#9 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, he was top 3 at the time he was at his peak and Jim Johnson was with the Eagles. He was Jim Kelly of his QB class, and that is nough to make his coaching staff look great and make my previous statement correct.

He may have been top 3 in madden or fantasy (because he could run) - but as a passer and offensive leader he was never top 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users