The Jets continue to be run like a joke

Mike Martz

They get rid of their most successful coach in their history because he could not win with the worst 3rd string QB in the NFL? Leon must be rolling in his grave. Way to show patience for a team that has no chance of winning any time soon
they arn't getting rid of him. he has the nerve to ask for an extention after going 4-12 and making excuse after excuse for the non competitive play of this team. this is herm forcing his way out of town because he wants more cash.

They get rid of their most s coach in their history because he could not win with the worst 3rd string QB in the NFL? Leon must be rolling in his grave. Way to show patience for a team that has no chance of winning any time soon

And they got rid of the most successful OC in their History last year Paul Hackett..Are you over that yet? BTW Tuna got his 3rd string QB Ray Lucas to go 6-2 in their last 8 games in 99! :wink:

They get rid of their most successful coach in their history because he could not win with the worst 3rd string QB in the NFL? Leon must be rolling in his grave. Way to show patience for a team that has no chance of winning any time soon

Herman Edwards couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He is indecisive, unimaginative, negligent (see Pennington's right shoulder and Martin's knee), and an image conscious fool. All show, no substance. He'll do well in KC for 2 seasons and then you will see a replay of the past three years here in NY with KC's old team.

On a side note, cattle futures are up today - big BBQ plans for KC this summer.

Buh bye St. Herman, good luck dealing with Tomlinson, Jordan, and Denver's freak of the year.

Please. You make it sound as though other than this 4-12 season Herm brought us a bunch of Lombardi trophies. He should've been fired after '03 (if anyone feels he should've ever been hired in the first place).

I love this one: compare the first 3 seasons of Herm to another "player's coach" in New England, Pete Carroll (who was at least a top-notch DC):

Carroll:

1997: 10-6

1998: 9-7

1999: 8-8

FIRED!!!

Herm:

2001: 10-6

2002: 9-7

2003: 6-10

EXTENSION & RAISE!!!

Herman Edwards couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He is indecisive, unimaginative, negligent (see Pennington's right shoulder and Martin's knee), and an image conscious fool. All show, no substance. He'll do well in KC for 2 seasons and then you will see a replay of the past three years here in NY with KC's old team.

On a side note, cattle futures are up today - big BBQ plans for KC this summer.

Buh bye St. Herman, good luck dealing with Tomlinson, Jordan, and Denver's freak of the year.

i wouldn't call him a fool but i'm not shedding any tears over him moving on either.

i wouldn't call him a fool but i'm not shedding any tears over him moving on either.

I can't stand watching the man pretend to coach on Sunday. He's a decent human being (minus the BS move he pulled to get outta NY, but I'm happy he's leaving so it's no biggie to me) but a terrible coach. He can take his "gold zone" and "fouls" and shove'm. F Herm.

When Bradway was the one instrumental in putting this joke of a team together. You cannot amke chicken salad out of chicken s***. Maybe he will take another kicker with the compensation picks

Lamont Jordan got a lot of playing time as a Jet, huh? He sucks, right? How about Cedric Houston this year - no better than Martin on one leg, right? Good thing Goodwin was the backup center all of these years only to not be ready to play center. Good call bringing in Vinny T instead of Bollinger who's been with the team 3 years but isn't good enough to play. Shoot, if Vinny didn't get hurt way back when, Penningont would have never saw the field. All on Herm. Bradway, for the record, sucks as well, but Herm didn't exactly utilize the assets he had in place either.

Archived