It's been almost 20 years

Lizard King

Those Bills teams were pretty good too.

I like Casserly a lot.  He's typically spot on from a draft perspective.  Dude passed on EY and Bush for Williams.  Took some balls to make that move and it was the right call.  He's getting up there in age though...he might not want the responsibility and he doesnt seem to be as active in the analyst role anymore.  Who knows...but these are guys who have had incredible success dating back to the 80's.  That's they type of FO guy we need.  Live and die Football. 

True, but Buffalo was a looong time ago. I'm more interested in his recent job performance than the one years before it in a different era when there wasn't even free agency.

Those desk jobs are tough!!!!

Well, Carroll has that young-looking face (worked on the USC girls he was bagging). So maybe that means he's not really 63.

By contrast, Casserly looks like a Vulcan who had cosmetic surgery done to round out his ears. But he still has brown hair so he's got that much going for him.

I mean, c'mon. He could pass for Spock's brother:

charley_casserly_82879286.jpg?w=620&h=34

i made a similar post a few weeks ago.....enough with the rookie gms and coaches

and lets take it one step further......when was the last time we hired an established coach and not some BS, up and coming defensive coordinator??  Ill tell you when.....Bill Parcells....also the last time we had any success!  Im sick of us trying to be the smartest guys in the room and cultivating coaches.....we need a proven general for once!!

there are 3 constants when it comes to the Jets culture

1) don't hire known, successful coaches.....stick to "up and coming" coordinators

2) don't hire any head coach with experience on the offensive side of the ball

3) dont draft any offensive players in the first round to satiate said inexperienced, defensive minded head coaches

Archived