With Fitz in the fold, Maccs best move was......

Jetster

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Forte was really a great add for is I am excited to see what gaily does with him. Macc has done a great job alltogeather bringing in personel for us that seem to fit our team.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Forte was a Fitz add if I ever saw one. I think the thought is if they give Fitz a bona fide stud out of the backfield he will take a few less risks and dump it off more often. Forte has a very, very good chance at leading the NFL in RB receptions this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Snell41 said:

His best and worse signing may end up being Fitz. If Fitz plays up to the level of his contract, something he's never done in his entire career, then that will be Maccs best signing. If we ended up paying 12m for traveling journeyman Fitz at his usual level it will be his worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for ya ... In 2015 did Fitz play up to the level of his contract?

i'll assume you misspoke 

10 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Now that it's official, I am glad that the Fitz issue is over . He's a Jet and he has my full support as a Fan of this team.  That said, this guy is nobody's future and this move stinks of a front office who's afraid of the real work that needs to be done with this Jet organization because of the insecurity that exist in this what have you done for me lately world we live in. 

This is a solid front office and it appears for all intents that the coaching staff is solid, working on a plan to make the Jets a championship caliber team . The problem is, all I see is a team with developmental QBs who will never develop because they're not allowed to fail and learn while doing so . Some of the blame can be placed at the feet of the fans and the media who consistently bombard us with their opinions .

IMHO, the vast majority of the blame is the coaching staff's not willing to lose while growing  because it might mean their Jobs . Keeping a young QB on the bench who's been in your system for more than 2 yrs  because of lack of confidence in them is just as bad as throwing a young QB in their 1st yr out to the wolves and not willing to live with the results.

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, and must be developed . Part of that development involves dealing with the growing pains and not listening to the "white noise" .  This Franchise has spent 40+  years listening to the "white noise" and in all those years, have never developed a QB instead continually keep trotting out has been after has been and never was after never was .

If you're not moving forward, you're stuck in the mud or moving backwards.

Guess where our Jets are ?

That is all .

Our FO disagrees with you on the best way to develop our young stable of QB's.

i believe most of your fellow Geno fans use the "he was put in before he was ready" excuse quite often as well ... So they disagree with you too

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Our FO disagrees with you on the best way to develop our young stable of QB's.

i believe most of your fellow Geno fans use the "he was put in before he was ready" excuse quite often as well ... So they disagree with you too

When our front office and coaching staff actually develops a QB they will have proven me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

When our front office and coaching staff actually develops a QB they will have proven me wrong.

Lololol ... What about the excuse of Geno playing before he was ready?  Do you buy in to that? Do you think Geno would have been better served sitting on the bench for a season or 2? Or do your beliefs just apply to every QB except Geno?

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Forte was a Fitz add if I ever saw one. I think the thought is if they give Fitz a bona fide stud out of the backfield he will take a few less risks and dump it off more often. Forte has a very, very good chance at leading the NFL in RB receptions this year.

How can you say Forte was a Fitz add? I don't necessarily disagree that the two of them should be pretty good together but i am thinking Forte reminded Gaily of a rich mans CJ Spiller.

13 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

How can you say Forte was a Fitz add? I don't necessarily disagree that the two of them should be pretty good together but i am thinking Forte reminded Gaily of a rich mans CJ Spiller.

What I mean is Forte appears to these eyes to be tailor made to address Fitz's major negative quality: forcing the ball to his guys outside and taking big chances with his arms and legs. Now instead of scrambling and diving into a pile he can lob it to Forte for 6 yards.

Signing Ryan Clady to replace Brick.  Given the other events, if the tackles were Ijalana and Breno or Qvale, the season could be sunk.

I am sticking to my theme of making sure the OL functions and considering extraordinary measures to do that.  There has been too much other progress made with this team, and it has too many veterans, to allow the OL to cost them a potential playoff berth.  

What I mean is Forte appears to these eyes to be tailor made to address Fitz's major negative quality: forcing the ball to his guys outside and taking big chances with his arms and legs. Now instead of scrambling and diving into a pile he can lob it to Forte for 6 yards.

I get what you are saying spiller has a similar yet inferior skill set to forte and he worked out pretty well with the gailey/Fitz combo. Spiller was a bit faster but I'm really hoping forte ends up working as well as I think he will.

29 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I get what you are saying spiller has a similar yet inferior skill set to forte and he worked out pretty well with the gailey/Fitz combo. Spiller was a bit faster but I'm really hoping forte ends up working as well as I think he will.

Honestly wasn't thinking of the spiller connection but in 8 years Forte will be in the HOF and Spiller will be an obscure trivia answer. I don't think they're that comparable imho. But your point about spiller having his best year in that scheme is well taken. 

Archived