Jeremy Ross is Back; Other Roster Moves

JetNation

Aug 27, 2016; East Rutherford, NJ, USA;  New York Jets wide receiver Jeremy Ross (11) returns a punt against the New York Giants during the first half at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY Sports

The Jets have some injuries at wide receiver and they are piling up. Brandon Marshall was a game time decision last week, Eric Decker has a shoulder injury and he hasn’t practiced this week. Rookie Jalin Marshall has a torn labrum and will miss a few weeks. So the Jets brought back Jeremy Ross who was with the team in training camp. Ross, who is 28 years old, has bounced around the league a bit and he has experience both returning punts and kickoffs.

To make move for Ross Lawrence Thomas was placed on IR.

The Jets also announced some practice squad moves.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
jA_iqNq-vc0

Click here to read the full story...

42 minutes ago, PepPep said:

J.Marshall's injury (and fumbles) will open the door for Ross to be the Jets returner and get some snaps at WR. 

I think Anderson and/or Peake will get more WR reps first as they are more long term, while Ross is likely gone after the season (maybe after Marshall returns).

I wonder what happened to Thomas; I thought he had a few good plays on the line and in ST

Archived