Our remaining schedule is SOFT....and thats so disappointing

Armyjet

59 minutes ago, Armyjet said:

Our opponents W-L record for the rest of the year is 29-34 and when you exclude the Pats it is 17-32.  What is so frustrating is that I envision us winning just enough games to keep things interesting and then finish at 7-9 with a terrible draft pick and nothing to show for it.  I can see us going into the bye at 5-5 and full of false hope only to be fitzmagicked again and getting buried by the Pats down the stretch.  Does it make me a bad fan that I kind of want the train to come off the tracks so we can save the future?

Yes

I'm more concerned that if we stay competitive Petty is never going to get into the game. If we're in the playoff hunt and Geno plays terribly, the CS is going to put Fitz back in. 

I hear the guys saying they always want to see a Jets win... But its hard for me right now. I hate so many of the decisions Bowles has made, and winning games just seems like its going to reinforce the approval of what we've been doing so far. "Oh it just didn't work in the first couple games... But now we've got it" is how I can see the logic going, but we all know thats false. 

That being said I have no doubt the Jets will get to 5-5 before the bye, give me enough hope to convince myself Bowles and crew have turned the corner, and then, as always, rip out my soul. 

26 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I've been cautiously encouraged but everyone you just mentioned. The two that I'm really holding my breath for is Bryce Petty and Devin Smith. With Smith's speed he could be a game changer for our team.

Then obviously Petty can become a good starter who isn't throwing away games, then our roster won't be looking nearly as bad as it has. 

Petty to Enunwa combo next year could be sweet

4 minutes ago, LurkerKing said:

I'm more concerned that if we stay competitive Petty is never going to get into the game. If we're in the playoff hunt and Geno plays terribly, the CS is going to put Fitz back in.

I hear the guys saying they always want to see a Jets win... But its hard for me right now. I hate so many of the decisions Bowles has made, and winning games just seems like its going to reinforce the approval of what we've been doing so far. "Oh it just didn't work in the first couple games... But now we've got it" is how I can see the logic going, but we all know thats false.

That being said I have no doubt the Jets will get to 5-5 before the bye, give me enough hope to convince myself Bowles and crew have turned the corner, and then, as always, rip out my soul.

Exactamundo.  Lets not reward mediocre performance.

Archived