Let's go 9ers

Doggin94it

So it's come to this. I am actively rooting for my team to lose.

This team is bad.  BAAAAD. Not "a few bad breaks here or there" (Folk hits his extra point in Cinci it's a whole different season) but rotten and poorly built.  Our best OL is the young, about to be FA RG the fan base wanted to run out of town when the offseason started.  Our high-dollar, pro-bowl center has been mediocre at best for 2-3 years.  Our high-dollar, hall-of-fame lock defensive cornerstone has been disinterested and useless.  Our high-dollar ascending young stud DL took his big contract and no-showed for a year ... on the field and in meetings.  We have relatively high cap charges going to a 30 year old RB, a 32 year old WR, and a 32 year old MLB.  We need a complete tear-down and rebuild.

And for that to happen, the last thing we need is to have some false-hope victories against bad teams like the 9ers.  I don't even care about the draft pick (though if the 9ers beat us, we may end up with the No. 2).  I just want to be sure there's no patch-job, "competitive rebuild" bullsh*t holding us back next year.

A nice showing from Petty would be great.  Continued growth from our young players.  But most important of all, I hope Kaepernick blows our ******* doors off.

I can;'t root fro them to loose but I won't be upset if they do.  As bad as we are, there are worst out there record wise so all this suffering won't get us a top 3 pick.  What I hope happens is that Petty looks like he can be a starter in this league and then the young guys keep playing and developing well.  I want them to play well and show there is some guys who can play in the future here.  Maybe we lose on a two point conversion run back.  I can live with that.

oh no, don't start with this. The grownups were having a discussion about ways to improve this team. We don't need the "root to lose" crowd. Sorry no REAL fan can sit there and root for the other team.

oh, damn. "KevinC855" doesn't think I'm a real fan? that hurts, man.

i mean come on, kev, have some self- awareness. that kind of comment might have some sway if it came from someone anyone on this forum respected. coming from you, it's just more meaningless dog barking. run along, now - the grownups are talking.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

So it's come to this. I am actively rooting for my team to lose.

This team is bad.  BAAAAD. Not "a few bad breaks here or there" (Folk hits his extra point in Cinci it's a whole different season) but rotten and poorly built.  Our best OL is the young, about to be FA RG the fan base wanted to run out of town when the offseason started.  Our high-dollar, pro-bowl center has been mediocre at best for 2-3 years.  Our high-dollar, hall-of-fame lock defensive cornerstone has been disinterested and useless.  Our high-dollar ascending young stud DL took his big contract and no-showed for a year ... on the field and in meetings.  We have relatively high cap charges going to a 30 year old RB, a 32 year old WR, and a 32 year old MLB.  We need a complete tear-down and rebuild.

And for that to happen, the last thing we need is to have some false-hope victories against bad teams like the 9ers.  I don't even care about the draft pick (though if the 9ers beat us, we may end up with the No. 2).  I just want to be sure there's no patch-job, "competitive rebuild" bullsh*t holding us back next year.

A nice showing from Petty would be great.  Continued growth from our young players.  But most important of all, I hope Kaepernick blows our ******* doors off.

Sadly the best thing for this franchise is to lose out hope to get the 2nd or 3rd pick and go 1-15 next year and get the top QB in the draft when there will be several good ones coming out.

As a jets fan i hate saying that but without a stud QB its very tough to win in this league with the rules now-a-days and i don't believe our future QB is currently on the roster.

Archived