My prediction for who the Jets take with the 72nd pick.

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

My prediction for the Jets at #10 was Fashanu.  But I didn't write it down here, so you can call me a lier if you want to.

The Jets will not take a wide receiver with this pick! 

The Jets will pick Defensive Tackle Kris Jenkins, who is the son of the Kris Jenkins who played defensive tackle for the NJ Jets.

This is of course if the Jets don't trade this pick, and if he is still there at #72.

I sure do remember Kris Jenkins.   When he was healthy he was a one man defense.  I invented a new term in honor of KJ,

A "three gapper"

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Alka said:

My prediction for the Jets at #10 was Fashanu.  But I didn't write it down here, so you can call me a lier if you want to.

The Jets will pick Defensive Tackle Kris Jenkins, who is the son of the Kris Jenkins who played defensive tackle for the NJ Jets.

This is of course if the Jets don't trade this pick, and if he is still there at #72.

it Aint happening. Is there a gif for that? 

aint.jpg

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

You know going one for one is way better than going one for two

• Haha 1

I feel it will be a safety like Cole Bishop, jaden hicks or calen bullock.

That is not who i want but feel that is the position it will be.  DT could be as well.

Position group i'd like?  WR of course or quality true guard. (Zac Zinter type)

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Alka said:

In my Day Two #mock, I have the Jets taking Jenkins. I think they’ll want Braden Fiske but he could go round two. Jenkins is a physical freak who’d complement Quinnen well 

• Upvote 2

I’ll be surprised if we stay at 72 
And if we give up multiple picks to trade up for a DL, I'd be surprised if this board didn't explode in anger.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Alka said:

I have the same team, different player.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I feel it will be a safety like Cole Bishop, jaden hicks or calen bullock.

That is not who i want but feel that is the position it will be.  DT could be as well.

Position group i'd like?  WR of course or quality true guard. (Zac Zinter type)

Nah he's getting a WR. Lets not complicate things. We resigned Davis so we got 3 good safties.  DL is packed to the brink.  JD is feeling good about himself after last year's terrible draft. He got a very reliable OL in Fashanau. He 's in a Trading NY State of Mind and wont hesitaite to take into round 2 to get a WR he likes. I do like the idea of getting a guard like Layden Robinson or Zinter. And a sleeper WR Flourney. And Jordan Travis please.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Nah he's getting a WR. Lets not complicate things. We resigned Davis so we got 3 good safties.  DL is packed to the brink.  JD is feeling good about himself after last year's terrible draft. He got a very reliable OL in Fashanau. He 's in a Trading NY State of Mind and wont hesitaite to take into round 2 to get a WR he likes. I do like the idea of getting a guard like Layden Robinson or Zinter. And a sleeper WR Flourney. And Jordan Travis please.  

No we do not have 3 'good' safeties.

We have essentially a 2nd year guy in Adams, they have clark coming off a brutal injury and he is no pro bowler and ashtyn has been good in spots.  We are not good nor deep at S, we are at 'can get by'

If you think douglas is going to do the smart thing and auto get a wr you have not been paying attention to him and how he defers to saleh and the D and how he has this 'we are good' attitude at wrs.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

This guys knows his sh*t. 💯 done deal imo. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Nah he's getting a WR. Lets not complicate things. We resigned Davis so we got 3 good safties.  DL is packed to the brink. 

So, hear me out.  The only defensive tackle who is signed for more than this year coming up is Quinnen Williiams.  Everyone else will be a free agent.  The Jets have some big contracts coming up next year, and assuming these guys perform well at tackle, we will have a hard time resigning them.  If JD is concerned with positional value, as we keep hearing, then Kris Jenkins might very well fall into our laps at #72.

At this juncture, I feel that the Jets will be reaching in a big way if they try to draft a wide receiver.  It will not be close.  I have done may mock drafts, and if I'm right, a draft prospect like Kris Jenkins might be too good to pass up at this point.

I feel that the best the Jets can do is to try to trade up 20 or 25 spots in order to get the wide receiver we need, without reaching too far for one.  It will be a loss for JD if he can not pull off a trade up in this situation, but getting a player like Kris Jenkins, if we are unable to trade up, would be a very solid pick at #72, and bode very well for the future, IMHO.

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

So, hear me out.  The only defensive tackle who is signed for more than this year coming up is Quinnen Williiams.  Everyone else will be a free agent.  The Jets have some big contracts coming up next year, and assuming these guys perform well at tackle, we will have a hard time resigning them.  If JD is concerned with positional value, as we keep hearing, then Kris Jenkins might very well fall into our laps at #72.

At this juncture, I feel that the Jets will be reaching in a big way if they try to draft a wide receiver.  It will not be close.  I have done may mock drafts, and if I'm right, a draft prospect like Kris Jenkins might be too good to pass up at this point.

I feel that the best the Jets can do is to try to trade up 20 or 25 spots in order to get the wide receiver we need, without reaching too far for one.  It will be a loss for JD if he can not pull off a trade up in this situation, but getting a player like Kris Jenkins, if we are unable to trade up, would be a very solid pick at #72, and bode very well for the future, IMHO.

I cant hear you.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

In my Day Two #mock, I have the Jets taking Jenkins. I think they’ll want Braden Fiske but he could go round two. Jenkins is a physical freak who’d complement Quinnen well 

I say both will be gone and Maason Smith could be selected in this range. He's a freak as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alka said:

We got bigger freaks to fry.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Jenkins will be long gone.  

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Liar.

Just hoping 72 is a starter.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh takes either Jenkins or Colson in round 2.  I'll bet he would move up to get both in rd 2 if possible.