Davis Webb: Being told 'I'm one of the best quarterbacks on the board'

Gas2No99

13 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Trubisky and Watson are 2nd round talents, but may be overdrafted and go in the 1st (they SHOULDN'T, IMO).

So, for argument sake, if Watson & Mitchy are 2nd rounders, would you (members here, in general) STILL consider Webb a 2nd-3rd round talent OR would he, in your estimation, then drop to more in the realm of a 4th or 5th rounder if based on that relative scale?

I'm curious to see what posters here feel is the "drop-off" between the Top2:Mitch&Watson and a prospect like Webb or Peterman. Mitch&Watson would have to sit 2-3 years (same for Kizer & Maholmes), do people feel the same about Webb or can he be plugged in earlier just NOT have the high ceiling like the aforementioned. So who are the Top tier (who still require 1-2 years to sit and learn MINIMUM), 2nd tier, and JAG/Camp Arm Tier in this draft of the QB class?

I like Trubisky a lot more than Watson and Webb. I llve Trubisky's quick release, accuracy, has a good arm, etc. I'd say he's a late first round talent, who will need time to develop. But I definitely could see him having a good starting career.

Watson I just don't think will be consistent enough to stay a starter.

Webb I think can be a good backup, maybe starter in perfect scenario.  

Overall, wait til 2018 for a QB.

20 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Trubisky and Watson are 2nd round talents, but may be overdrafted and go in the 1st (they SHOULDN'T, IMO).

It took 25 posts to get to 1 truthful assessment. There's no true blue 1st rnders. the Mahomes/Webbs etc are all round 3-4 at best -- but get pushed up because youtube. 

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It took 25 posts to get to 1 truthful assessment. There's no trub blue 1st rnders. the Mahomes/Webbs etc are all round 3-4 at best -- but get pushed up because youtube. 

Grading a QB is not an exact science or Dak Prescott would have gone in the 1st round, Rogers #1 overall, Russell Wilson at least a high 2, but that's not what happened because scouts nor you guys are Nostradomus.

Just now, Jetster said:

Grading a QB is not an exact science or Dak Prescott would have gone in the 1st round, Rogers #1 overall, Russell Wilson at least a high 2, but that's not what happened because scouts nor you guys are Nostradomus.

Hey! I got an idea, lets cherry pick the outliers and ignore the normal standard. That sounds like a GREAT way to develop our draft strategy. 

"Hey Mike, whatta say? Should we see what we've got and go after one of these kids next year? We could go either way..."

"No, Todd. I've decided  that because once a few years ago when a QB in rnd 6 ended up being good, that we should probably model our assessments on that fcking possibility. In fact lets reach on life too while we're at it"

"Ugh, Mike. Cmon now... Let's not forget the 80% that comes out in round 1 that everyone agrees on..."

"Now why the fck would i want to think about that? Haven't you heard of Dak? Get with the times Todd... This Mahomes kid has zero NFL-translatable tape. I say we take him at #6. Just to be sure."

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hey! I got an idea, lets cherry pick the outliers and ignore the normal standard. That sounds like a GREAT way to develop our draft strategy. 

"Hey Mike, whatta say? Should we see what we've got and go after one of these kids next year? We could go either way..."

"No, Todd. I've decided  that because once a few years ago when a QB in rnd 6 ended up being good, that we should probably model our assessments on that fcking possibility. In fact lets reach on life too while we're at it"

"Ugh, Mike. Cmon now... Let's not forget the 80% that comes out in round 1 that everyone agrees on..."

"Now why the fck would i want to think about that? Haven't you heard of Dak? Get with the times Todd... This Mahomes kid has zero NFL-translatable tape. I say we take him at #6. Just to be sure."

No one is saying that wise guy. I'm seeing post after post, after post, of fans saying, "no way should the Jets take Trubisky or Watson at pick #6", because they are absolutely convinced they will suck in the NFL. 

I'm saying if he passes & one or both become good QBs, will the naysayers be back to say they were wrong? Because if Macc is wrong on those guys, Hack better be the real deal or the QBs at the top of the draft in 2018 better be can't misses.

Macc doesn't have to TRADE UP this year like he did for Sanchez. If they are both there at 6 & he either passes or trades back & one of them becomes a star, he'll never live it down & be another failed footnote in NY Jets history.

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

No one is saying that wise guy. I'm seeing post after post, after post, of fans saying, "no way should the Jets take Trubisky or Watson at pick #6", because they are absolutely convinced they will suck in the NFL. 

I'm saying if he passes & one or both become good QBs, will the naysayers be back to say they were wrong? Because if Macc is wrong on those guys, Hack better be the real deal or the QBs at the top of the draft in 2018 better be can't misses.

Macc doesn't have to TRADE UP this year like he did for Sanchez. If they are both there at 6 & he either passes or trades back & one of them becomes a star, he'll never live it down & be another failed footnote in NY Jets history.

I appreciate your point. No one lost their head for passing on Wilson for 2 1/2 rounds, because there was cause for concern. Even SEA passed him until the 3rd. This year has no "you better go up and get him" guys at QB. It's why CLE is taking Garrett. Think about that for a moment. It's why Solomon Thomas routinely gets mocked to SF at #2... Again, think about that. 

No one will lose their job for passing on Trubisky.

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

No one is saying that wise guy. I'm seeing post after post, after post, of fans saying, "no way should the Jets take Trubisky or Watson at pick #6", because they are absolutely convinced they will suck in the NFL. because the IMMEDIATE EXPECTATIONS, Predatory Media, & POOR VALUE OVERALL will cause UNDUE PRESSURE for either prospect only hastening their inevitable failure from the get go.

FIXED.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

No one is against Watson or Trubisky as excellent QB prospects for the Jets, but NOT AT #6 overall. Neither prospect TRULY merits being a 1st round selection if, as consensus seems to be, NEITHER player can be plugged in IMMEDIATELY and start at QB. Word on the Street is that each prospect WILL TAKE AT LEAST 1 year, or 2, to be ready to take an NFL snap under center without getting killed. We already have that in Hack, so draft a MORE immediate IMPACTFUL player @ #6 overall. IF, BIG IF, Watson or Trubisky FALL, PLUMMET even, to our 3rd rounder (#107 overall) I would be SCREAMING OFF MY ROOF-TOP for Mac to select either one. EXCELLENT VALUE @ #107, but not @ #6, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Tannenbaum traded up for Sanchez in 2009. MacCagnan joined the Jets in January 2015. So NO. Especially the last phrase. :rolleyes:

Archived