What to do with the QB situation from here

What do the Jets do/what should we do with the QB situation?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do the Jets do/what should we do with the QB situation?

• Stick with Clemens, Ratliff & Ainge
    • Go after Anderson or Quinn
    • Sign Leftwich or Garcia to compete with the current QBs on the roster
    • Draft Sanchez or Freeman

It's time to let Clemens sink or swim. Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer conspired to burn a second rounder on him, now it's time to sleep in the bed that they made.

If Clemens blows and the Jets are floundering after 8 weeks, go to Ratliff and focus on the future. Rex Ryan is playing with house money next year. He's got nothing to lose.

If both Clemens and Ratliff show nothing, Tannenbaum should get the whack and Ryan will have the control he probably should have. Next year's draft has some interesting QB prospects: Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson and Tim Tebow.

A. Stay with Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff & Erik Ainge and have one be the QB in 2009.

Easy choice. I think one will be good. (The Rat) If they all suck then we shouldn't have a great record. Next year will have A much better QB draft class. Sanchez and especially Freeman will be bust. Sanchez has an outside shot if he gets the chance at holding the clip board for a few years. I think he would be a 2nd-4th round QB in a different year. Freeman a 5th-6th. Hype plus lack of talent tends to raise players in the draft. These two are the perfect examples at that. I think that Stafford would still be a first, just not necessarily the top pick.

The QB of the future is on our roster, the question is do we have the time/patience to figure it out, train them up and build a good team around the.

My gut feel is Brett, although I am ready to be surprised by KC with a new set of weapons to at least protect him.

Adding more QBs to the mix, doesn't make the decision easier.

BZ

Archived