There was a $5,000 price on Tim Tebow's head

Blackout

FSU and UF both benefit from the location of their campuses as far as secrecy goes.

In the smaller towns its not uncommon for things to get swept under the rug. The schools themselves make up a proportionally greater influence in their respective cities.

Gainesville and Tally get nowhere near theattention as Miami to begin with and if the school doesn't prosper neither does the town.

Meh, plenty of big schools tucked in away in their respective states have been busted for similar activity. Auburn isnt exactly a bustling city in Alabama.

Meh, plenty of big schools tucked in away in their respective states have been busted for similar activity. Auburn isnt exactly a bustling city in Alabama.

Oh, I agree completely. My basis for comparison is just Miami FSU Florida. Not saying that UF and FSU are the ONLY schools like that, by any stretch. I'd even believe that it was worse in places like Auburn. People still get in trouble in those places.. it's just a lot easier to downplay it in a town of that size. It's all relative.

Oh, I agree completely. My basis for comparison is just Miami FSU Florida. Not saying that UF and FSU are the ONLY schools like that, by any stretch. I'd even believe that it was worse in places like Auburn. People still get in trouble in those places.. it's just a lot easier to downplay it in a town of that size. It's all relative.

I'd say its what they can offer because of whats available in that market that makes it more difficult to get away with. Gainesville has like 4 clubs and a bunch of bars, student employees, no pro sports, no fancy restaurants, strip clubs, etc. So the expectation when you go to that town is that you're there for Football and not surrounded by the joys of Miami. So the things they can get away with are more discreet.

I'd say its what they can offer because of whats available in that market that makes it more difficult to get away with. Gainesville has like 4 clubs and a bunch of bars, student employees, no pro sports, no fancy restaurants, strip clubs, etc. So the expectation when you go to that town is that you're there for Football and not surrounded by the joys of Miami. So the things they can get away with are more discreet.

I think these players will find ways to get in trouble regardless of where they are. Compare arrests between the two schools over the last few years. There was a time where Miami players were the ones getting into all the trouble. It's just a different kind of trouble I suppose.

I think these players will find ways to get in trouble regardless of where they are. Compare arrests between the two schools over the last few years. There was a time where Miami players were the ones getting into all the trouble. It's just a different kind of trouble I suppose.

Now "trouble" is a different story. Its not like FSU or Florida havent had their share of arrests.

Recruiting trouble is different than trouble trouble.

At the end of the day looking at the mess college sports is in why don't they just pay the players ?

They are the ones that sell the tickets!

It's just not that simple. The way academia is, if they pay the football players, they will also have to pay the women's field hockey team the same type money. Stupid, but that's the way it is in college sports.

Lot of other problems also. Do they also pay High school kids? Go to a South Florida HS game. The stadiums are big, and they are packed.

It's just not that simple. The way academia is, if they pay the football players, they will also have to pay the women's field hockey team the same type money. Stupid, but that's the way it is in college sports.

Lot of other problems also. Do they also pay High school kids? Go to a South Florida HS game. The stadiums are big, and they are packed.

Well this is true.. these schools make millions off of these players. The players dedicate 60 hours a week to the school and barely have enough money after room and board to eat. They get something like 50 bucks for a full weekend away for food.

Why is it ok for OSU to sell Pryor jerseys for profit but he can't sell his own jersey? That's different than a salary for playing.

Paying players isn't going to help. The boosters are still going to bring them to parties and pay them. The millions the schools make off of the games goes to traveling, medical, food, equipment, fields, trainers, doctors, coaches, etc etc. And the ******* players aren't go to stop taking stuff from boosters just cause the schools start paying them a few thousand dollars and it would also kill smaller programs.

The whole idea of paying them is ******* retarded. They're already getting everything from the school for free. If they weren't such **** ups they take the 4 years to get a free education and make something of their lives.

If there are those rules who made them ? I am sure the people who make these equal pay rules can easily change them to reflect reality. Heck if the women's field hockey team nets as much in TV contracts and teamware sales then pay them as much as the football, basketball players.

But there should be some connection to what these kids earn their programs and what their payout or stipend is.

Paying players isn't going to help. The boosters are still going to bring them to parties and pay them. The millions the schools make off of the games goes to traveling, medical, food, equipment, fields, trainers, doctors, coaches, etc etc. And the ******* players aren't go to stop taking stuff from boosters just cause the schools start paying them a few thousand dollars and it would also kill smaller programs.

The whole idea of paying them is ******* retarded. They're already getting everything from the school for free. If they weren't such **** ups they take the 4 years to get a free education and make something of their lives.

Really so these programs do not make a single dime of these sports ?

Heck if you pay them enough i am sure the contracts can prevent them from having contact with boosters and even have civil liabilty clauses. I am sure the professional leagues have clauses in contract that outline punitve measures taken if players are gambling or doing things of that nature which might have an impact to the end result of the game!

Really so these programs do not make a single dime of these sports ?

Heck if you pay them enough i am sure the contracts can prevent them from having contact with boosters and even have civil liabilty clauses. I am sure the professional leagues have clauses in contract that outline punitve measures taken if players are gambling or doing things of that nature which might have an impact to the end result of the game!

Of course some programs do but not as much as you think and if they start paying players who do you thinks is going to pick up the bill? We'll have to so the price for all of the NCAA stuff will go up and as I said it wont stop the boosters. If UM and FSU are both offering a LB $10k per season a boosters is going to top it to get that player to his school and again as I already said these players aren't getting in trouble for getting rent money or a few hundred to buy diapers or food they're getting hookers, drugs, drinks, fancy dinners, gold and sh*t like that which wont stop if the schools pay them and as I already said they're getting everything from the school for free already.

They are college players not pros they shouldn't be getting paid on top of getting all the sh*t they already get for free from the universities. Should we start paying high school kids as well?

Students do free internships all the time for free in other lines of work and football is a job once you make it to the pro levels.

Of course some programs do but not as much as you think and if they start paying players who do you thinks is going to pick up the bill? We'll have to so the price for all of the NCAA stuff will go up and as I said it wont stop the boosters. If UM and FSU are both offering a LB $10k per season a boosters is going to top it to get that player to his school and again as I already said these players aren't getting in trouble for getting rent money or a few hundred to buy diapers or food they're getting hookers, drugs, drinks, fancy dinners, gold and sh*t like that which wont stop if the schools pay them and as I already said they're getting everything from the school for free already.

They are college players not pros they shouldn't be getting paid on top of getting all the sh*t they already get for free from the universities. Should we start paying high school kids as well?

Students do free internships all the time for free in other lines of work and football is a job once you make it to the pro levels.

Completely agreed.

Ah the classic argument that they are just going to waste the money so lets not pay them.

Point being millions are made of these guys by each program and they are the reason why that kind of money is being generated but they do not see much of the action. Not fair!

.....as I already said these players aren't getting in trouble for getting rent money or a few hundred to buy diapers or food they're getting hookers, drugs, drinks, fancy dinners, gold and sh*t like that which wont stop if the schools pay them and as I already said they're getting everything from the school for free already.

They are college players not pros they shouldn't be getting paid on top of getting all the sh*t they already get for free from the universities.

If I have an employee who still lives at home with Mom and Dad and gets food and everything else for free, do I have the right to pay him less than minimum wage?

The schools are making millions off this, everybody knows that. You ask a guy to work 60 hours a week at something but you don't pay him?

Archived