Jamaal Westerman.....Lets Discuss

JonEJet

They were all coverage sacks. I'll take those for sure, but none were generated organically by the pass rush. At times, Romo had all day back there.

And Bit knows the issue is QB pressure, but he wilfully ignores it by mentioning sacks. Ware only had 2 sacks but terrorized Sanchez the whole game.

The Jets need someone who can pressure the QB. I think Tully Canta-Play is an old (31 yrs old) bum and is not the answer.

At least Rex is finally recognizing the error of his prior decision.

And Bit knows the issue is QB pressure, but he wilfully ignores it by mentioning sacks. Ware only had 2 sacks but terrorized Sanchez the whole game.

The Jets need someone who can pressure the QB. I think Tully Canta-Play is an old (31 yrs old) bum and is not the answer.

At least Rex is finally recognizing the error of his prior decision.

Only 2 sacks? Wouldn't 32 be a record.

What error did Rex make? It's not like he got here and traded Hugh Douglas for Dorian Boose and Casey Dailey

i dont think the issue with this team is QB pressure. the issue with this team is getting offense out of their own buttholes before the 4th quarter

It's not THE issue but it's certainly AN issue. We wouldn't have kept trying to fit Vernon Gholston in the defense, brought in old-a$$ Jason Taylor last year or experimented with Aaron Maybin if it wasn't.

I think Rex's comments during the preseason about Westerman being the "DPR" kind of put the microscope on what is basically an average backup player. If Rex doesn't say that, we're really not paying much attention and he's doing about what we expect him to do. Because Rex said that, we suddenly expect more from him and think he sucks when he doesnt perform at top level. Put it another way, Westerman is basically a Marquise Cole at LB.

Ouch man

Archived