3 open roster spots

flylikeajet

So what? Happens all the time - guys get cut and then succeed with another team. Different role, different coaches, different karma.

You're right. I was just joking about the guy's horrid Monday night. OTOH, I don't think the Jets are in the market for adequate older corners anymore. If they weren't stacked they wouldn't have traded Lowery. They are only looking to add higher level corners or yunger guys with more upside. I think the days of bringing the Corey Iveys of the world in for weekly tryouts are tempoarily ver.

Well we have some answers:

http://twitter.com/#...002060713799681

Jets announce they are promoting WR Pat Turner to 53-man roster, re-signing TE Josh Baker to practice squad. #nyj

I like this move-Patrick will have better chemistry than Mason-they go back to USC together and Mason and Mark clearly were NOT on the same page last week

If anything, I'm guessing you'll see a change in Sunday's active roster, with Ellis making it into the mix against a much more run-heavy opponent.

I hope so. I was disappointed to see him as a healthy scratch last week. The guy looked pretty impressive in the preseason.

I hope so. I was disappointed to see him as a healthy scratch last week. The guy looked pretty impressive in the preseason.

While of course it's only a guess, I imagine it was more game plan specific than anything, with the Jets obviously more concerned with the Cowboys' passing game than running game, thus more DBs and less DL. Consider that last week Pouha was the only active NT with Dixon and Pitoitua the only backup DL. Meanwhile Sendejo was the only inactive DB on the entire roster (and he was waived a couple days later), meaning 10 DBs were active. If anything the only thing I would take from it is right now the team feels more confident in Dixon and Pitoitua than Ellis, which I don't think is any particularly shocking news under the circumstances of both being around the team for a year or more, and Rex clearly being a big fan of them both.

Archived