Wayne Hunter

Obrien2Toon

I know it was against Ware, but he couldn't have looked any worse. He wasn't even getting a hand on him. There were plays where Ware got past without even touching him.

The decision to not at least chip with a TE was ridiculous. I expect something like that from Schotty, but come on Callahan, you know better.

Anyway besides for Rex's usual BS about how good Hunter is, he really does suck.

In three regular season games last year he gave up 4 sacks.

The back-up there can't possibly do any worse could he? Oh yeah that's right.

Anyway unless they do something to correct that (Woody?) this team can only go so far. I'm not saying we need a pro bowl player at every line spot, but at least someone that could at least do a respectable job.

I originally blamed Sanchez, but after rewatching the game, every pass play the pocket was collapsing on Hunter's side. Regardless if Ware was on him or not. He was crossing into A. Clarke territory.

This board is in total overreaction mode. So little can be projected based off week 1.

Anyway, Ware was in beast mode. The guy is the best pass rusher in the league IMO. And he wasnt lined up over Hunter exclusively. He was lining up all over the place and even beating Brick too.

I agree, they should have given some help with the TE, but its hard to do when you never know where he's lining up and it seemed the counter strategy was to put a lot of receivers in the spots they were blitzing from so keeping a TE in to help block limits the ability to counter in such a fashion.

Hunter was outstanding last year in replace of Woody, straight dominated Freeny and Mathis. I'm confident he'll be just fine.

He was a backup for years for a reason. He stinks

I think they gave him the job based on the job he did at the end of last year. He handled Woodley really well in the regular season. Hopefully he just needs some time to settle in. He had trouble in the Texans game last year when he had to come in for Woody. It might be that he's just a slow starter.

Or maybe Tannenbaum blew it and he's going to be a sieve all year. fingers crossed.

he played well last year when he had to step in- give him a slight pass going against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

I would if he didn't get beat badly by Coleman too, on the play Shonn Greene got lit up. I think he'll get better as the season goes on though.

Archived