I'll give the new Stadium this....

Matt39

LOL those seats are FAR from free. Lets be realistic here. Tickets are overpriced, and even the cheap seats aren't that cheap. If fans are too disloyal to stay at a game that THEY paid for, why should they care if someone else takes their seat when they bail early on their team? You want to prevent people from doing that? Stay at the game instead of being a clown that leaves early. I remember last year at the Texans game, half the stadium must have left only to miss the Jets make an awesome comeback. Tisk tisk.

It's not like a person sitting in an empty chair effects you in the least. They just get a little more enjoyment out of the game and it helps with crowd noise as well. What's the big friggin deal???? Anyone bothered by a fellow Jets fan getting a better view of the game needs psychological help. If you want to blame someone blame the idiots that pay big dollars for the seat and then don't watch the whole game. Most people in the cheaper seats can't afford the expensive ones, so it's really not a big deal. It's like how an airplane can upgrade your tickets to first class if the seats are open or they have a screw up. Don't be all self righteous because you make more money than others. That is the worst form of selfishness.

IMO if you're going to only go to a few games, it makes no sense to drop big money on LL seats...when a lot of those folks never bother to show up. Just eye an empty section early and move there.

Maybe it's just me, but when I had quality lower level seats in the cheap old days, I would much prefer for a upper level Jets fan to move down next to me, then to have the rightful owner give them to a Pats or Fish fan.

In a perfect world...

So I am the jerk for not wanting someone to have what I have for a fraction of the price?

Yes.

If you thought your PSL was a good deal, good for you. It shouldn't bother you then that other people are gliding in for less.

Now if you feel like you got ripped off, that's another story.

Who really cares? It's all about having fun to begin with.

I'm pretty sure fan x isn't going to cry, all because fan z moved up and found himself a much better seat, a seat that was empty to begin with.

I'm also pretty sure that fan X is concerned with the Jets winning the game, and having fun at the same time, thats why fan X went to the game to begin with... I'm pretty sure fan X purchased his ticket to watch the Jets, not baby sit other seats.

On a side note, I can almost guarantee you that fan X is too drunk to give a flying **** what the hell fan Z does with an EMPTY SEAT.

If you go to a football game, and you seriously worry about a father and son getting a good deal in life and an awsome seat on a Sunday... Well, then, you have problems. Problems that go deeper than just a hard working man getting a seat for cheaper.

yeh, he mad...

moving into better seats is definately an art form, especially changing levels.

In the past, when I bought a cheap seat at the top of the stadium it is for 2 reasons, 1, to get into the arena and 2, to scope out some empty seats in the LL with an 80+ year old usher. Then when an intermission hits(quarter, period, inning break), thats when we move. If I am really ambitious for that game I will take a seat in the lower level toward the top of the steps then wait for the usher to walk past and then scoot even lower down the stairs! My plan has worked many times and I have only had to leave my "renegotiated" seats once when someone came late to their rightful seats. This plan worked many times throughout my broke college days. Now I buy seats in the lower level but I never forget where I came from.

Archived