Jets' Nick Mangold, Antonio Cromartie dress for practice

Steveg

Jets center Nick Mangold (high ankle sprain) and cornerback Antonio Cromartie (bruised lungs and ribs) were dressed for practice today after spending Wednesday not in uniform and off to the side.

Cromartie looks to be ahead of Mangold in his recovery, as he took part in defensive back positional drills and practiced returning punts.

Mangold only warmed up with the team, lightly jogging and stretching, before heading off to the side to work with the strength and conditioning staff. Mangold did stretches and balance work and ran up and down a trellis-like apparatus. This is the first time he has dressed for practice since injuring his ankle in the Jacksonville game.

Their participation will be updated after practice. Only work in the team period of practice, closed to the media today, counts toward participation.

The Jets are practicing indoors today.

It's Thursday as of right now, hopefully after Friday and Saturday, Nick Mangold is ready for Sunday. If not, he better be ready for our Patriots game or we could be in serious trouble.

With all that said, until he's 100% healthy.... Rookie-Baxter it is. We can't rush Mangold and risk further injury.

I get what you're saying, but that ship has passed for the season. After a high-ankle sprain, he's never gonna be a true 100% healthy the rest of the season..but than again that's no so bad, as no one really is 100% healthy after a handful of games into the season. He's gonna have pain and stiffness for a while, but as long as his strength is back, he's gonna be on the field. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play, I almost expect him to. He'll definitely be on the field vs the patriots.

I get what you're saying, but that ship has passed for the season. After a high-ankle sprain, he's never gonna be a true 100% healthy the rest of the season..but than again that's no so bad, as no one really is 100% healthy after a handful of games into the season. He's gonna have pain and stiffness for a while, but as long as his strength is back, he's gonna be on the field. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play, I almost expect him to. He'll definitely be on the field vs the patriots.

That's probably true.

My biggest concern is him aggravating the injury, and making it worse. Maybe missing more time. But I'm not his doctor, and I don't really know how these injuries work. If it comes down simply to a pain threshold thing, then I'd expect Mangold out there sooner than later.

After the beating the defense took in Oakland, I expect them to come to play this week with a vengeance. Especially against Rex's old team, with an ugly loss from last year to avenge, too. Mangold might not be the difference in this one. If he's on the borderline, I'd sit him and let the defense win this game.

I agree that he'll almost certainly be in there against the Pats. And the Jets will need him in that game. That's one where you want the offense controlling the clock, keeping the other gay QB off the field.

Archived