I was wrong about this FO/Coaching staff

gangreenman

Seriously. Spent most of the offseason defending the moves and putting trust in this coaching staff. Wayne Hunter is nowhere near ready to start. Vlad Ducasse is literally a liability on the field. Mark Sanchez really has not improved much. He still gets very rattled and looks nervous whenever things start going wrong. Schottenheimer? Oy. The fact that this guy still has a job as an OC here falls on the FO/Rex for keeping him around.

I have always thought Tannenbaum was getting by on smoke and mirrors. You can onky make so many "splashes". At some point, depth has to be addressed. The fact that we are forced to start an undrafted rookie we picked up from a San Diego cutdown less than a month ago is a huge indictment of his work. We've been saying for years that this team is an o-line injury from disaster (learned from the Adrian Clark/Anthony Clement era), yet Tanny went after Namdi Asomougha (with Revis on the other side) and Plaxico Burress (when we had Cotch and Braylon) and Derrick Mason (for god-knows-what reason). We needed lineman badly and drafted Scotty McKnight so Mark could hang out with his old chum. And Bilal Powell when we already have Greene, LT and McKnight. And Jeremy Kerley to replace Brad Smith (yeah, right). And now, our formerly top-5 Oline is an NFL laughingstock. Hunter...incapable, Slauson...absolutely cannot pull, is slower than sh*t at a cheese festival...Baxter...see above. Neither Green nor LT can get an inch, Sanchez can't set his feet...and Tanny gets another pass because everybody wants to give him a high-five when he grabs another "star" RB or WR. Last year I said that while other teams shop for meat and vegetables, we just pick up gum and magazines at the check-out line. Tanny is the candyman and this team is paper-thin.

I have always thought Tannenbaum was getting by on smoke and mirrors. You can onky make so many "splashes". At some point, depth has to be addressed. The fact that we are forced to start an undrafted rookie we picked up from a San Diego cutdown less than a month ago is a huge indictment of his work. We've been saying for years that this team is an o-line injury from disaster (learned from the Adrian Clark/Anthony Clement era), yet Tanny went after Namdi Asomougha (with Revis on the other side) and Plaxico Burress (when we had Cotch and Braylon) and Derrick Mason (for god-knows-what reason). We needed lineman badly and drafted Scotty McKnight so Mark could hang out with his old chum. And Bilal Powell when we already have Greene, LT and McKnight. And Jeremy Kerley to replace Brad Smith (yeah, right). And now, our formerly top-5 Oline is an NFL laughingstock. Hunter...incapable, Slauson...absolutely cannot pull, is slower than sh*t at a cheese festival...Baxter...see above. Neither Green nor LT can get an inch, Sanchez can't set his feet...and Tanny gets another pass because everybody wants to give him a high-five when he grabs another "star" RB or WR. Last year I said that while other teams shop for meat and vegetables, we just pick up gum and magazines at the check-out line. Tanny is the candyman and this team is paper-thin.

damn that was good.. your right, granted when our starters are playing we are a strong team... but i agree on all fronts.. we havent built a team that can last or have success for multiple years

Archived