OLA-Fense Line

Superbowlbound

I didn't know last nights game was suppose to be a BULL FIGHT. With the offense line playing like matadors Mark Sanchez had no chance to stand and deliver, let alone see the field. It was brutal and scary watching the hits come from every direction and every down. What are they paying these guys for? to look good in green and white and to be showered with roses for excuting various formal moves which leads to Mark being crushed. If I was the coach I would fine each linesmen 1000 dollars for each missed block or assignment they blowned. What do you think? Is this going over board or should the fine be more.

So right now the state of our oline is:

Hunter- terrible, not an NFL starter

Moore- something not right, hope he can eventually recover from the surgery.

Slauson- he is what he is, which isn't that good, but good enough if everybody around him is solid.

Dbrick- still have faith, but off to a bad start.

Mangold- still awesome, but hurt.

We're in trouble. I blame Tanny, between ducasse and coming in with no depth, its on him.

We're in trouble. I blame Tanny, between ducasse and coming in with no depth, its on him.

How, exactly, was Tanny supposed to foresee Moore, Slauson and Hunter ALL taking gigantic steps backward?

Ducasse I can understand, he was a project player who we couldn't really afford to take a chance on in the 2nd round of such a deep draft, yet the Jets were evidently targetting him in round 1. Just seems like awful evaluation. We need the kid to figure it out and become a competent RT so we don't have to deal with both Slauson AND Hunter on the same line longterm.

So right now the state of our oline is:

Hunter- terrible, not an NFL starter

Moore- something not right, hope he can eventually recover from the surgery.

Slauson- he is what he is, which isn't that good, but good enough if everybody around him is solid.

Dbrick- still have faith, but off to a bad start.

Mangold- still awesome, but hurt.

How true that is. But on the question of fineing the linesmen, what do you think of that?

The O-line should have been the first priority this passed draft. yes we needed some pass rushers, but if mark is to grow he needs to be protected.

This little bitch has been protected as well as anybody in history the past two years. I understand a lack of good line play could make him take a step back, but I don't expect him to fold up like a lawn chair the way he did on Sunday night. Not ever. Find me a post where somebody was worried about the Jets offensive line during the offseason. One post. Find me one article that mentions it. There were about three of us here saying they should re-sign Hunter just in case, but most, the press included thought they could just plug Ducasse in and keep rolling. Things aren't working out, but everybody needs to stop acting like it is some kind of inevitable cut in stone fact that should have been foreseen when NOBODY expected it.

How, exactly, was Tanny supposed to foresee Moore, Slauson and Hunter ALL taking gigantic steps backward?

Ducasse I can understand, he was a project player who we couldn't really afford to take a chance on in the 2nd round of such a deep draft, yet the Jets were evidently targetting him in round 1. Just seems like awful evaluation. We need the kid to figure it out and become a competent RT so we don't have to deal with both Slauson AND Hunter on the same line longterm.

Evaluating talent, even if its the talent on the team already, isn't part of the GM job description anymore?

Our line sucks, but why? So, what's changed since last year?

1- Greene, anointed the starter

2- Woody, gone

3- We signed 3 #1 receivers (two former #1 receivers)

4- A lot more passing play calls

5- Turner Hurt

6- Mangold Hurt

7- Relying upon Ducasse for anything at this point

Add in the fact that we have always been better at run protection vs. pass protection, and you have what you have 2-2.

IMO, Rex is 100% right on with going back to ground and pound.

Archived