Watched Rex's Monday Press Conference And...

SoFlaJets

He has no answers and what's even worse, NO SOLUTIONS. He keeps talking like this O-line is the O-line of 2009 and 2010, it's not. Reputation does not stop players from attacking and almost destroying the QB 10 times a game Rex. I think this is the most troubling thing to come out of yesterday's debacle: Rex Ryan has no idea OR ideaS on what to do to fix what it wrong. Nobody gets cut, nobody gets signed, nobody is held accountable. We are in deep trouble Jets fans.

I have been thinking this for two weeks now regarding the oline situation. Here it is: The JETS do not want to spend anymore money this year, there I said it. If no vet is signed by tomorrow night I am right. This oline needs help NOW.

The money has nothing to do with it, its that they won't admit there is a problem they need to fix.

Rex hasn't been saying or talking any differently than he has in the past, it's just more magnified after we lose. Remember when he said he'd love to play them again if they'd go do it, when we got manhandled by some opposing team (i forget the team)?? Everyone said how stupid and foolish he sounded, but he righted the ship and things worked out pretty well. I know our offensive line looks horrendous, but I think he's at least earned our trust to show us what he can do.

Rex hasn't been saying or talking any differently than he has in the past, it's just more magnified after we lose. Remember when he said he'd love to play them again if they'd go do it, when we got manhandled by some opposing team (i forget the team)?? Everyone said how stupid and foolish he sounded, but he righted the ship and things worked out pretty well. I know our offensive line looks horrendous, but I think he's at least earned our trust to show us what he can do.

But that's the thing Joe, he isn't doing ANYTHING. He stands up there saying how great the O-line is on paper but refuses to make any roster move to help shure up the line. The proof is in the pudding, why hasn't anyone been cut (Ducasse) or demoted (Schottenheimer or Callahan or Cavanaugh) Why is Wayne Hunter still starting? It almost seems like Rex is just as baffled as we are. The trouble is he's too hands off when it comes to the offense. he needs to be spending more of his time in the offensive meetings and let Pettine handle the defense for a few weeks.

The biggest question continues to be WHY hasn't anyone been brought in or signed? We bring in defensive players all the time but not one veteran offensive lineman has been in Florham Park since Colin Baxter was brought in a month ago. Why hasn't Damien Woody at least been called?

But that's the thing Joe, he isn't doing ANYTHING. He stands up there saying how great the O-line is on paper but refuses to make any roster move to help shure up the line. The proof is in the pudding, why hasn't anyone been cut (Ducasse) or demoted (Schottenheimer or Callahan or Cavanaugh) Why is Wayne Hunter still starting? It almost seems like Rex is just as baffled as we are. The trouble is he's too hands off when it comes to the offense. he needs to be spending more of his time in the offensive meetings and let Pettine handle the defense for a few weeks.

Cutting Vlad does absolutely nothing for us mid-season, besides as a spite move. Wayne hunter is still starting because there is no more viable option. From everything I've ever viewed during my time in football and talking to those who know much more than me, offensive lines take time to gel, it could very well be that all these problems are the results of miscommunications and not physically being manhandled, which is why he wants to stay the course, knowing that if we gel our team is physically capable of being a good unit once more. I don't know for certain, but it's a possibility.

Cutting Vlad does absolutely nothing for us mid-season, besides as a spite move. Wayne hunter is still starting because there is no more viable option. From everything I've ever viewed during my time in football and talking to those who know much more than me, offensive lines take time to gel, it could very well be that all these problems are the results of miscommunications and not physically being manhandled, which is why he wants to stay the course, knowing that if we gel our team is physically capable of being a good unit once more. I don't know for certain, but it's a possibility.

Cutting Ducasse wouldn't be "on spite" cutting him would be for a very good reason;He is terribel and has no football instincts-he seems to not have any peripheral vision. How do you NOT see a 350 lineman like Ngata coming through after you touched him with a light block then went over to double team Baxter's man who is being held up by the one man? He is taking up a roster spot that could be occupied by a veteran player that actually knows how to PLAY on the line. He is a bad football player, that's why he should be cut immediately.

Its a press conference...What do you want him to do? You want him to sit up there and give you a list of players they are looking at? You want to hear that Colin Baxter is going to swap saliva with Mangold in hopes to get some of his game in his body? Want to hear the the Space Jam aliens have returned Wayne Hunters game? That he's looking for a cure get a fake leg for Robert Turner? And 2 new achilles for Cumberland and Thomas? Do you expect him to sit up there and tell you their whole game plan for righting the ship?

The defense was horrendous against the Raiders. Rex said he was humiliated and he'd make it right. The defense was lights out last night. Apparently he did something.

The biggest question continues to be WHY hasn't anyone been brought in or signed? We bring in defensive players all the time but not one veteran offensive lineman has been in Florham Park since Colin Baxter was brought in a month ago. Why hasn't Damien Woody at least been called?

Who do you want? Damien Woody looks like he weighs 450lbs. The Jets clearly thought Hunter was a wash or upgrade. Can you blame them? He was a beast last season. You cant predict injuries and any team having to go this deep is in trouble. It happens. You'd like to see it not be this bad, but its bad...as bad as it gets. I'm sure they've looked around. It is possible that everyone out there sucks really bad or is injured/out of shape...in fact, I'm sure thats the problem.

Sucks bro, but if you really think Rex isnt do anything then I'm I dont know what to tell you. I'm pretty sure he hasnt just thrown his hands up and said, oh well. He's been embarrassed 2 games in a row and has NE next. He's a good coach, this Oline looks impossible to fix, but I'm hoping between Rex Ryan, Schittenheimer, Callahan and Moore - that they are doing something to figure this out. They cant play the game for these guys.

Cutting Ducasse wouldn't be "on spite" cutting him would be for a very good reason;He is terribel and has no football instincts-he seems to not have any peripheral vision. How do you NOT see a 350 lineman like Ngata coming through after you touched him with a light block then went over to double team Baxter's man who is being held up by the one man? He is taking up a roster spot that could be occupied by a veteran player that actually knows how to PLAY on the line. He is a bad football player, that's why he should be cut immediately.

I would try Ducasse out at DL. If that doesn't work then it's time to cut bait.

I also wouldn't panic quite yet, the season is still early and the team is 2-0 with Mangold.

I would try Ducasse out at DL. If that doesn't work then it's time to cut bait.

I also wouldn't panic quite yet, the season is still early and the team is 2-0 with Mangold.

As bad as we are and as bad as its been, I could see the Jets being 4-3 going into the bye.

If the defense that showed up last night went to Oakland, the Jets would be 3-1 going into NE. Not everyone has the Ravens D.

I could care less WHAT he says up there jiF, what I want is for him to DO something, bring IN a veteran offensive lineman or three just to see if there are any better options than untried rookies and a second round bust in Ducasse. Also, whatever happened to the tried and true counter attack to a fierce pass rush; the screen pass, the draw? Our offensive coordinator doesn't seem to have grasped that concept yet. What about the idea of tiring out a defensive line with the hurry up offense-the Jets gave up last night after that last turnover for a TD that Sanchez threw.

I could care less WHAT he says up there jiF, what I want is for him to DO something, bring IN a veteran offensive lineman or three just to see if there are any better options than untried rookies and a second round bust in Ducasse. Also, whatever happened to the tried and true counter attack to a fierce pass rush; the screen pass, the draw? Our offensive coordinator doesn't seem to have grasped that concept yet. What about the idea of tiring out a defensive line with the hurry up offense-the Jets gave up last night after that last turnover for a TD that Sanchez threw.

They tried a couple and the oline is such a disaster they looked like they could be another easy 6 for their D. Those plays, take execution, something the current OL doesnt do well.

Again, I highly doubt that the New York Jets brass is just sitting around talking about the weather. If there was a viable veteran option, I'm sure they'd be here by now. Sperm posted a list of some Oline FA's...its not looking good bro. Its sucks. They need to fix it in house and I'm sure they are working hard to do it. Whether we see a difference or not is another story.

Couple things to remember here, sometimes the other team is better and sometimes even with the right answers you cant put it all together. Rex is a great coach. I havent lost faith in him because our OL is decimated.

Archived