Joe McKnight = waste of a draft pick

stoicsentry

Just one concrete example, then. What team has done less in the draft over the past four years than we have?

How bout I just say 90% of league instead of listing all the teams. Go look brother, if we're going off Sperms logic, the entire league sucks except for maybe a handfull of teams. Truth.

How bout I just say 90% of league instead of listing all the teams. Go look brother, if we're going off Sperms logic, the entire league sucks except for maybe a handfull of teams. Truth.

This is my breakdown (TLDR cool story bro amirite?):

Teams that have drafted well consistently over last 5 years: Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers.

Teams that hadn't needed to draft well due to having a super-duper franchise QB and/or a weak division: New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, San Diego Chargers.

And then there's everyone else.

Teams that have drafted well consistently over last 5 years: Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers.

Teams that hadn't needed to draft well due to having a super-duper franchise QB and/or a weak division: New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, San Diego Chargers.

That's debateable

Pretty much. I just went and looked at the past 4 drafts. If we're going to follow the logic Sperm put out there and the point Aten tried to drive home...then the entire league is awful at drafting.

And its a stupid conversation anyway...we've only had 1 top end pick that we didnt trade for an he was a bust. Like many others in that very draft taken pretty high. But to compare us to say...the Lions, who have drafted very well, is dumb. They have a top 5 pick every year. Its apples to oranges. Then factor in that we trade picks all the time to either move up or get FA's...its just not a fair analysis.

Archived