Aaron Maybin: MERGED

PhinHater

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Maybin is way more than a six or seven snap a game player, but that is at the mercy of the 1st and 2nd down defense and the offense scoring some points so that teams have to pass to catch up. I'm sure he played more than that on Sunday.

I was thinking about this during my walk to the train this morning. Even if he is only a pure pass rusher, making him a one trick pony, so what? The reason it didn't work for him in Buffalo is because their defensive line and pass rush are not talented. So when you know there's one threat out there you can adjust accordingly. But when you put a guy like him into the Jets system with a good DL and a great secondary, there's a completely different scenario that has to be accounted for. You could focus on Maybin but then perhaps a safety swings in from the edge that you never thought about. Just a situation that probably never occured up in Buffalo that is respected down here.

I was thinking about this during my walk to the train this morning. Even if he is only a pure pass rusher, making him a one trick pony, so what? The reason it didn't work for him in Buffalo is because their defensive line and pass rush are not talented. So when you know there's one threat out there you can adjust accordingly. But when you put a guy like him into the Jets system with a good DL and a great secondary, there's a completely different scenario that has to be accounted for. You could focus on Maybin but then perhaps a safety swings in from the edge that you never thought about. Just a situation that probably never occured up in Buffalo that is respected down here.

Agree

Another thing that Maybin pointed out is the Jets CB's are so good, and his motor is always running, he'll be able to get QB's after he has run by them once, he just keeps coming and gets them from behind.

That certainly wasn't the situation in Buffalo.

Not only that, but when you get a second shot at a QB from behind, that's when the strip sacks come. That's what he has been doing.

What's he got as many strips as sacks? This situation works very well for the Jets

I look for Maybin to be a major factor when we play the Bills next week. His motor will be revved up, and we get the win.

I'm hoping he sees a lot of snaps, because to be totally honest I fear Fitzpatrick's knack for working with time. He's pretty good when he can let a play develop, and Buffalo is the type of team we should be able to dominate on the line, tie up tight ends and therefore give Maybin a chance to get out there. So basically I think he'll get extra time this week but it'll be legitimate time.

Also I think Buffalo is going to have to go to the running game more this week. Depends what kind of pass rush we can get on them and how strong our coverage is.

Archived