My take on Brock Bowers and the NY Jets

You could potentially run RPO with this personnel package , left to right 

Williams/Lazard…….Bowers / Wilson 

Hall in the backfield. 

Rodgers reads the defense and he can run or pass , left or right. 2 guys inside that can block and catch. 

Lazard inside of Davante Adams running RPO was a pretty common choice for the packers. 

I know, I know, the jets can’t draft him because Warren sapp lol

• Upvote 2

Whoever the Jets draft I want them to succeed even if it wasn't the player I preferred; with 2 exceptions, I did NOT want ANYTHING to do with geno or hack, AT ALL.  If the Jets draft Bowers then it is what it is, is he my preference?, no ... but I would be Definitely rooting for him to succeed. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

No matter how this GM and franchise feels about Carter Warren, I think at least one of the two first picks will be an offensive tackle.

While I have high hopes for Carter Warren, he was injured for more than 1/2 of the season last year, and when he did play, he was somewhat underwhelming.  He needs to continue to develop, and I can't imagine for the life of me that the Jets want Warren to be the first tackle off the bench if and when our left tackle is out games or our right tackle for that matter. Max Mitchell took a step backwards last season, so yes, I believe that Joe Douglas is smart enough to recognize what I am saying here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Hall in the backfield. 

And what do we do with Tyler Conklin?  Cut him?  Pay him the $9.3M this year to sit on the bench?  Try to trade Ruckert?

Of course Bowers would be an upgrade, but if the Jets were dead set on drafting another weapon on offense, I gotta believe that it would still be for a receiver, even if the top 3 are gone at #10.  

I guess I will have egg on my face if I am wrong here, and they draft Bowers at #10, but, I still would not understand it.  

Of course, I still believe it will be a O tackle.

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

While I have high hopes for Carter Warren, he was injured for more than 1/2 of the season last year, and when he did play, he was somewhat underwhelming.  He needs to continue to develop, and I can't imagine for the life of me that the Jets want Warren to be the first tackle off the bench if and when our left tackle is out games or our right tackle for that matter. Max Mitchell took a step backwards last season, so yes, I believe that Joe Douglas is smart enough to recognize what I am saying here.

With a 40-year-old "quarterback savior" coming off an injury, an all-pro talent at RB and a great defense, I'd hope the Jets believe "if we just get the o-line right, the rest can take care of itself". 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

And what do we do with Tyler Conklin?  Cut him?  Pay him the $9.3M this year to sit on the bench?  Try to trade Ruckert?

Of course Bowers would be an upgrade, but if the Jets were dead set on drafting another weapon on offense, I gotta believe that it would still be for a receiver, even if the top 3 are gone at #10.  

I guess I will have egg on my face if I am wrong here, and they draft Bowers at #10, but, I still would not understand it.  

Not every play

you ok?

1 minute ago, Alka said:

I'm good.  LOL   

Just a passionate fan, trying to make sense of it all!

😂

I’m fully onboard with oline.  I would even consider IOL at 72 if they take OT at 10 

The thing is Bowers also could make sense. The more I read the more he seems to be consistently considered a unicorn type difference maker. A chess piece. A mismatch machine. 

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m fully onboard with oline.  I would even consider IOL at 72 if they take OT at 10 

The thing is Bowers also could make sense. The more I read the more he seems to be consistently considered a unicorn type difference maker. A chess piece. A mismatch machine. 

Bowers does look like the real deal.  I feel like no matter what the Jets do at #10, I think that it will be second guessed for a long time.

Whoever they do pick, better end up being really good!!  If not, Joe Douglas will be looking for a new job.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Few understand the value and versatility of Brock Bowers.

He’s not a tight end - full stop.

He’s an offensive weapon who will be on the field at the same time as Conklin, Wilson, and Williams — and you can even have Ruckert out there as TE2 with Bowers, if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

"Predicting the future success of a player in the NFL can be challenging, as it depends on various factors such as skill development, injury history, team dynamics, coaching, and more. Brock Bowers' potential success will likely be influenced by his performance in college, his adaptability to the NFL's level of competition, his work ethic, and how well he fits into the offensive schemes of the team that drafts him.

As of my last update, Bowers was a highly regarded tight end prospect, known for his athleticism, receiving ability, and versatility on the field. If he continues to develop his skills and stays healthy, there's a good chance he could be successful in the NFL. However, nothing is guaranteed, and it will ultimately depend on how he transitions to the professional level and the opportunities he's given to showcase his talents."

https://chat.openai.com/

A team that drafts Brock Bowers and has a legit plan and a smart oc and does everything they can to get him the ball in inventive ways will be very happy.

A team that drafts him and says yay we got a new TE and treats him like a basic TE will be disappointed.

• Upvote 3

He’s not a TE. He’s a big slot 

So now he's a Big Slot WR (didn't this used to be called an H-Back?) playing behind/with Wilson/Williams/Conklin, and not the TE #1 replacing Conklin/Ruckert as the every down TE?  Interesting.

I wonder what the real difference would be between having Bowers (at pick #10) in that H-Back role, or having a Johnny Wilson, WR from Florida State (likely 3rd rounder) in that role, in real production terms at the NFL level.  

• Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Hall in the backfield. 

Rodgers reads the defense and he can run or pass , left or right. 2 guys inside that can block and catch. 

Lazard inside of Davante Adams running RPO was a pretty common choice for the packers. 

I know, I know, the jets can’t draft him because Warren sapp lol

Replace Bowers with Conklin how is it any different?

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I honestly didn’t care who the Jets took at #10. I figured a T, WR… either was fine by me. Then I read some of this nonsense regarding Bowers tonight, and I’m sold. I want him… if for no other reason than it will annoy so many of you who think you know what you’re talking about.

A lot of us do know what we are talking about.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

In my humble opinion, Joe Douglas is on the phone with every other GM in the league trying his damnest to trade for a good swing tackle.

He knows we NEED a top swing tackle to have any hopes of getting AR threw the season, and into the POs.

If he fails to trade, then he'll have no choice but look to the draft, which is like throwing sh*t at the wall, and hoping for a tackle who can play lights-out his rookie season (rare).

But if we land our Oline swing tackle b4 the draft, then anything's possible.

I just don't think we go for him.

Whether I'm overthinking it, but feels all the mocks at the moment seem to be having us take him, I'm wondering whether we're trying to get some interest to move back. 

It doesn't seem like a JD pick. All picks from JD have seemed safe so far (not that it's a bad thing). TE feels like a luxury this year.

If we get him, do I think he'll be great? I really do, but I just don't see JD drafting him.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:33 PM, Alka said:

You do realize that you can and will have Conklin on the field as the same time at Bowers right? 

• Haha 1