Cotchery gets a TD today against the Bungals!

Blackout

Yeah, he really showed those Jets... what a bunch of fools they are for giving him the release he requested. And it only took him 5 more weeks to catch his first TD of the season than the Jets 5th round rookie who replaced him. Man do they have egg on their faces.

The real thing is he left one of the worst offenses in the nfl

say what you say but I predict letting him go will hurt our offense in the long run

what jet wide reciever has more 100 yard playoff games than Cotch??? none that i know of....maynard and chrebet only had one and walker had 2 (tied with j-cotch)

So we sign up Mason and it makes Cotch feel insecure and he forces his way out of New York (which was douche on his part) but moving on we end up trading Mason away.

So end up with no Mason and no Cotch.

Except Cotch asked for his release back in February. So really, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Nice try though.

We have a QB who locks onto his # 1 WR and a head coach who prefers to play offense like its 1985, and we're concerning ourselves about # 4 receiver? He already doesn't throw to Holmes, Keller, Burress, Kerley and Tomlinson. But of course, Cotchery would be the missing piece to the puzzle! It all makes sense!

You need to read carefully. I said it was a douche move.

But saying one has nothing to do with the other is living in denial. Or head in the sand. Or one of them things!

He asked for a release 5 months before Mason was on their radar... How does one have anything to do with the other?

You need to read carefully. I said it was a douche move.

But saying one has nothing to do with the other is living in denial. Or head in the sand. Or one of them things!

Or factually based. Cotch was unquestionably being a whiny little douche, but the Mason signing had nothing to do with it. For starters, Mason wasn't signed until after Cotchery's release and the reports, which Cotchery even confirmed, were that he was pissed off back from the prior season when he was knocked down to #3 and asked for his release in February.

You could argue that the Mason signing was to replace Cotchery, but who really cares? Cotchery was gone regardless and so they signed another player, who was a giant pain in the a$$ and outperformed by a 5th round rookie, so they traded him. Should they have just kept him because they had cut Cotchery months earlier for unrelated reasons? Prior decisions should never have any impact whatsoever on future ones, that's how dumb personnel decisions are made.

Or factually based. Cotch was unquestionably being a whiny little douche, but the Mason signing had nothing to do with it. For starters, Mason wasn't signed until after Cotchery's release and the reports, which Cotchery even confirmed, were that he was pissed off back from the prior season when he was knocked down to #3 and asked for his release in February.

You could argue that the Mason signing was to replace Cotchery, but who really cares? Cotchery was gone regardless and so they signed another player, who was a giant pain in the a$$ and outperformed by a 5th round rookie, so they traded him. Should they have just kept him because they had cut Cotchery months earlier for unrelated reasons? Prior decisions should never have any impact whatsoever on future ones, that's how dumb personnel decisions are made.

He was a whiny douche. Yes Mason was not signed as yet.

But to say it had nothing to do with JETS interest in Mason at that point of time is not correct!

How did he prove the Jets wrong? Cotchery asked for his release he did not want to be here. They did him a favor.

if we were smart we'da kept him and right now we'd have an extra weapon (and Sanche's best friend) going into tonight's game

btw i live in new england....patriot fans HATE cotchery and wanted him before sh*ttsburgh got him

if we were smart we'da kept him and right now we'd have an extra weapon (and Sanche's best friend) going into tonight's game

btw i live in new england....patriot fans HATE cotchery and wanted him before sh*ttsburgh got him

Pfft, I miss Braylon more than Cotchery. Braylon was atleast more productive. Now Im forced to watch him go beastmode on the Giants.

Nobody is debating that. I have not see one poster question that.

The real questions is what made him ask for his release ?

Because he was pissed about not being a #1/ #2. It was before the season even ended. IDGAF about Cotchery right now he's the Steelers WR

He was a whiny douche. Yes Mason was not signed as yet.

But to say it had nothing to do with JETS interest in Mason at that point of time is not correct!

http://espn.go.com/n...rricho-cotchery

This had been building for several months. Cotchery, unhappy with his role as the No. 3 receiver, approached the organization after last season and asked to be traded, sources said.

The final straw apparently was the Plaxico Burress signing, which happened last Sunday.

Thats a very nice link.

But when i went to that article i found another article under the "ALSO SEE" section.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6832290/new-york-jets-targeting-derrick-mason-source-confirms

Excerpt:

The Jets' interest in Mason, first reported by CBSSports.com, raises serious questions about the future of popular No. 3 receiver Jerricho Cotchery.

Thats a very nice link.

But when i went to that article i found another article under the "ALSO SEE" section.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/n...source-confirms

Excerpt:

The Jets' interest in Mason, first reported by CBSSports.com, raises serious questions about the future of popular No. 3 receiver Jerricho Cotchery.

That's kind of the point. Guy asks for a release, team goes shopping. I suspect you'll try to spin this because you don't want to be wrong, but you've pretty much raped the failgoat here.

Not questioning the JETS sending him out of here when he was asking for it.

Just focusing on what triggered the asking for the release part.

Again, this has been well reported. He didn't want to be the #3. He came to that conclusion long before the Mason signing and asked for it before they pursued Mason. That they released him after the fact certainly doesn't imply causality considering the obvious timeline.

Archived