Peyton Manning

Favorite_Toon

one thing I haven't seen mentioned is Rex stands to lose credibilty with the team if they sit or ship the Sanchize.

Rex boasts about how honest and upfront he is with his guys. If he were to 86 Marky Mark just a few months after an emotional "He's my QB" speech, he risks looking like a hypocrit and liar. While it's not a big deal to us the team may start to view him as a bit of a phony.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one thing I haven't seen mentioned is Rex stands to lose credibilty with the team if they sit or ship the Sanchize.

Rex boasts about how honest and upfront he is with his guys. If he were to 86 Marky Mark just a few months after an emotional "He's my QB" speech, he risks looking like a hypocrit and liar. While it's not a big deal to us the team may start to view him as a bit of a phony.

"Gholston is the next Terrell Suggs"

"Rhodes is the next Ed Reed"

he never said that, B.

in fact I recall him saying "there's only 1 Ed Reed" and "If Gholston can't play for us, he can't play for anyone".

He's made comparisons in one way or another to both. I don't remember the exact quotes because they were a while ago, but Rex is big about pumping up his guys, there's nothing wrong with that. But, I think he wants to win more than he wants Sanchez.

Rex has stated the offensive problems are not the Fault of Sanchez so yeah I think he would lose credibility. you know what though Pac the manning thing aint happening.

Didn't he say Mason's our guy like 4 hrs before we shipped him out. Coaches lie because it's a competitive disadvantage not to. I'm sure most of the players on the team know Sanchez is a problem and would appreciate an upgrade.

Non issue in my opinion

and to answer jc, if manning is healthy i'd make the deal and not worry about how long he plays for. Even at 80%, he's a huge upgrade over what Sanchez is like to be the next few years and would instantly make us better then the Pats, imo

you know what though Pac, he would probably lose more crdibility with the Media than the players cause they jump all over this crap. At that point the players would proably back him because they all hate the media

That was my first thought but how would any player be able to trust Rex if he tells them he's his guy? If he can do that to the QB he can do it to anyone.

Didn't he say Mason's our guy like 4 hrs before we shipped him out. Coaches lie because it's a competitive disadvantage not to. I'm sure most of the players on the team know Sanchez is a problem and would appreciate an upgrade.

Non issue in my opinion

it wasn't quite Mason is "our guy".. something along the lines of he's not living up to what I thought he'd do but he's fine.

big distinction.

I give the Manning thing a 10% chance of happening.. still think he and Luck will be on the Colts next year then Manning retires or is shipped out in 2013. I don't think Indy has the balls to just release the best player they've ever had.

it wasn't quite Mason is "our guy".. something along the lines of he's not living up to what I thought he'd do but he's fine.

big distinction.

I give the Manning thing a 10% chance of happening.. still think he and Luck will be on the Colts next year then Manning retires or is shipped out in 2013. I don't think Indy has the balls to just release the best player they've ever had.

Manning would probably stay on a year and mentor Luck I mean the guy cant be concerned about money at this stage, hes worth a fortune. It all depends on how close he is with the organization. I could see Manning wanting to retire a Colt and do the right thing for them. There was never any bad blood so it makes sense.

But that team is getting to a transition point they have a lot of older players on both defense and offense so these next few years will be tricky. It would be interesting to see how they proceed if they get Luck they will have to re build around him like they did in the early years with Manning. You can bet they will follow the same game plan and surround the kid with a boat load of talent. You know just like most teams do with a young franchise QB

Archived