List of interesting possible offesason targets/acquistions:

SenorGato

In no particular order since normal people would be sleeping:

Mario Williams - The ultimate pipedream this offseason. A top tier defensive player who happens to be a massive pass rusher.

Laron Landry - Redskins safety is a proven young player with possibly more upside, but that might be overstating it. Depends on the money.

Michael Griffin - More of a playmaker against the pass than Landry, and more likely to hit FA. I like Landry better anyway. Depends on the money.

Early Doucet - For some reason I keep thinking this guy would make a nasty inside WR. He and Kerley would be nasty inside.

Robert Meachem - More of what the Jets need. A speed WR with some size and hopefully gained a little savvy in his routes in NO.

Matt Flynn - Packers backup QB who will be a big name this offseason. Is he Matt Schaub or Matt Cassel? Is he Kevin Kolb? Someone will pay to find out.

Jason Campbell - NFL veteran with an up an down career. Kerry Collins? No. A derivative of that? Sure, why not.

Chad Henne

Chase Daniel - RFA Saints backup QB

Matt Forte/MJD/Michael Bush/Peyton Hillis/Trent Richardson - RB...sure if the price is right or the stars align.

Kareem McKenzie - Resign a guy who should never have left in the first place. Still solid so sure, but could go young too.

Jared Gaither/Levi Brown/DeMetrius Bell - Fallen starting Ts with youth, size, and athleticism on their side.

Dwayne Bowe/Marques Colston/Vincent Jackson/Steve Johnson

John Carlson - Young TE with upside. Would be a solid #2 TE fa sho.

Bear Pascoe - RFA with the Giants. Would love to grab this player to be the #2 TE on the roster.

Early Doucet - For some reason I think this guy would be a nasty inside WR.

Eddie Royal/Steve Smith/Anthony Gonzalez - Just above scrapheap?

Carl Nicks - Saints LG is a possible FA.

Ben Grubbs - Pretty damn good G, but do we need a G?

Robert Mathis/JAbe - Pass rusher.

Cliff Avril - Would be a pretty sweet addition. A player I've liked for a while, but I think he stays with Detroit.

Kendall Langford - Dolphins DE is a good player. Mostly set at DL, but maybe.

Jarrett Johnson - Rex guy OLB.

Tavares Gooden - Young former Raven with lots of athleticism for the ILB position. Former Miami LB.

Tyvon Branch - SS

That's with skips and no draft.

You must love doucet because you listed him twice.

Now if he could stay on his feet in the end zone.

I even give pretty similar note things....what a weird person. I seriously do think he'd be a savvy no name pick up. Team needs more speed and a more broad route system with its WRs. Plax is limited. Holmes is layered in coverages.

When does FA start anyway?

Ah Gato... when you actually try, I enjoy your posts. This is a good list.

I don't think we have any money for a big name... but if we do, Williams has to be a target. He should be at a slight discount to since he is coming off an injury.

I think we target 2-4 midrange FA's... I'd love to see Hillis, Jarret Johnson/Gooden, and Griffen/Landry/Branch.

We also need to pick up a RT, I don't think it will be addressed via the draft since they can't risk starting a rook.

Ah Gato... when you actually try, I enjoy your posts. This is a good list.

I don't think we have any money for a big name... but if we do, Williams has to be a target. He should be at a slight discount to since he is coming off an injury.

I think we target 2-4 midrange FA's... I'd love to see Hillis, Jarret Johnson/Gooden, and Griffen/Landry/Branch.

We also need to pick up a RT, I don't think it will be addressed via the draft since they can't risk starting a rook.

Thanks.

I think one of the young RTs in FA would be fine to fill the hole. I think all the bargains are in the mid-range FAs...I'd love to bring in Griffin/Landry + Bell/Brown/Gaither + Doucet/Meachem + Carlson/Pascoe.

Thanks.

I think one of the young RTs in FA would be fine to fill the hole. I think all the bargains are in the mid-range FAs...I'd love to bring in Griffin/Landry + Bell/Brown/Gaither + Doucet/Meachem + Carlson/Pascoe.

Landry is a great talent, but hasn't he been hurt for the past 2 years? I really hope the Jets don't give out big $ to someone who can't stay on the field.

Also, I think Eben Britton On the Jags will be a FA. If the Jets can afford him, he'd be a great long-term solution to replace Slauson oR Brandon Moore, if they are leaving. He's only 24, and is from Brooklyn and has said he grew up watching the Jets. He had a lot of injuries last season, so that might knock down his price tag a bit. He also was mad at not being drafted 1st in the 2009 draft, and Rex is good at working with players who have chips on their shoulders.

Archived