How to fix our Jets

Jet27

Pretty much agree entirely with this, although I would expand #7 to sign two safeties and draft another. Nobody from the current safety crop should be higher than #4 on next year's depth chart.

Agree with everything, except trading Santonio. He is a game breaker and you are not going to get one like that. Also, the cap hit will kill them and they will not be able to do much else.

First and foremost: we need an offensive identity. I have a hunch we'll be leaning toward the G&P and since the terminator hasn't been terminating sh*t lately, I can see our G&P sprouting from 2-TE sets similar to NE. Keller isn't going anywhere, so his compliment needs to have some size. Preferablly someone who can help out a new RT without getting three false-starts/game.

FA #1

TE Kellen Davis, 6'7, 267. He was used primarily as a pass blocker in Martz' system and is expected to test the FA waters. Davis has the size to be an effective red-zone target and since he has been relegated to keeping Cutler upright he is still relatively unknown as a recieving option. This means we can probably lure him here fairly cheaply.

FA #2

SS LaRon Landry, 6'0, 220. Placed on IR for a lingering achilles injury (that requires surgery) his time in WAS is hopefully up. It's no secret that Rex tried making some splashy additions to the defense last year (Kelly Gregg and AsomyGod) and I have no reason to believe this year will be any different; though this year hopefully it's more "swing" and less "miss". With lil Jimmy's boo-boo and Eric Smith looking at a $3M salary, the safety position will definitely be addressed, and I can't think of a better lumber-layer than LaRon.

FA#3

WR Pierre Garcon, 6'0, 210. We need a blue-collar workhorse, that can stretch the defense, catch the ball, and help the run-game through downfield blocking. Plus, Garcon is kind of a big name and Tanny is going to wanna make up for this years' WR follies with a team-first player that can play.

FA#4

QB. ANY QB that can come in and spell Mark during a slump. Considering we will be a run-first team, anybody that can handoff to our RBs, who can spin the ball on occasion w/o turning it over would be okay. I like Matt Flynn, of course, but also Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell, or WildCat Josh Johnson (TB, formally a running Oregon Duck)

DraftDay:

Keeping in mind that we get Bryan Thomas back (and under gauranteed monies), and have a lot of youth on the DL that will reap the benefits of a whole off-season...And also considering that we have a ton of young big bodies for the OL (Howard Austin 6'7,330; Vlad Ducasse 6'5, 325; Caleb Schlauderaff 6'4, 302; Robert Turner 6'4,304) all who will also benefit from an off-season to get better and healthy...I'm not really as concerned as most about our team's LBers or lines. That being said:

Round 1: Vontaze Burfict 6'3, 250; or Courtney Upshaw 6'2, 268

Both are big nasty linebackers with talent, and promising NFL careers.

Round 2: Lamar Miller 5'11, 212

A legitimate 3-down Running Back, who can run like the wind (4.3 speed), bowl over defenders, and is an asset in the passing game.

Round 3: Best OL available

There's alot of talent coming out this year, particularly from Wisconsin

Round 4: Kenny Tate 6'4, 220

A hard-hitting SS who bounced around from OLB to Safety, who can cover TE's, sack the QB, and smack people in their heads

Round 5: Best OL available

Rounds 6-7: developmental WRs, DBs, kickers, cheerleaders.

First and foremost: we need an offensive identity. I have a hunch we'll be leaning toward the G&P and since the terminator hasn't been terminating sh*t lately, I can see our G&P sprouting from 2-TE sets similar to NE. Keller isn't going anywhere, so his compliment needs to have some size. Preferablly someone who can help out a new RT without getting three false-starts/game.

FA #1

TE Kellen Davis, 6'7, 267. He was used primarily as a pass blocker in Martz' system and is expected to test the FA waters. Davis has the size to be an effective red-zone target and since he has been relegated to keeping Cutler upright he is still relatively unknown as a recieving option. This means we can probably lure him here fairly cheaply.

FA #2

SS LaRon Landry, 6'0, 220. Placed on IR for a lingering achilles injury (that requires surgery) his time in WAS is hopefully up. It's no secret that Rex tried making some splashy additions to the defense last year (Kelly Gregg and AsomyGod) and I have no reason to believe this year will be any different; though this year hopefully it's more "swing" and less "miss". With lil Jimmy's boo-boo and Eric Smith looking at a $3M salary, the safety position will definitely be addressed, and I can't think of a better lumber-layer than LaRon.

FA#3

WR Pierre Garcon, 6'0, 210. We need a blue-collar workhorse, that can stretch the defense, catch the ball, and help the run-game through downfield blocking. Plus, Garcon is kind of a big name and Tanny is going to wanna make up for this years' WR follies with a team-first player that can play.

FA#4

QB. ANY QB that can come in and spell Mark during a slump. Considering we will be a run-first team, anybody that can handoff to our RBs, who can spin the ball on occasion w/o turning it over would be okay. I like Matt Flynn, of course, but also Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell, or WildCat Josh Johnson (TB, formally a running Oregon Duck)

DraftDay:

Keeping in mind that we get Bryan Thomas back (and under gauranteed monies), and have a lot of youth on the DL that will reap the benefits of a whole off-season...And also considering that we have a ton of young big bodies for the OL (Howard Austin 6'7,330; Vlad Ducasse 6'5, 325; Caleb Schlauderaff 6'4, 302; Robert Turner 6'4,304) all who will also benefit from an off-season to get better and healthy...I'm not really as concerned as most about our team's LBers or lines. That being said:

Round 1: Vontaze Burfict 6'3, 250; or Courtney Upshaw 6'2, 268

Both are big nasty linebackers with talent, and promising NFL careers.

Round 2: Lamar Miller 5'11, 212

A legitimate 3-down Running Back, who can run like the wind (4.3 speed), bowl over defenders, and is an asset in the passing game.

Round 3: Best OL available

There's alot of talent coming out this year, particularly from Wisconsin

Round 4: Kenny Tate 6'4, 220

A hard-hitting SS who bounced around from OLB to Safety, who can cover TE's, sack the QB, and smack people in their heads

Round 5: Best OL available

Rounds 6-7: developmental WRs, DBs, kickers, cheerleaders.

I'd love for all that you wrote to happen! Plus I'd love to see a real QB brought in to COMPETE with Sanchez. if he beats him out in camp, we are winners. If Sanchez beats him out, we are winners! In short SANCHEZ simply can not have the job handed to him as it was in the ppast! Make him earn it the old fashioned way!

This really really sucks guys...no freakin playoffs! I just can't stand this crap. I am still pissed! Watching the freaking Giants playing, the Pats, F this.

Tanny, get some guys in here that can play...on the D line, safety and the O line....go get Manning, make it work, and sit sanchez.....

Tell Rex adjust....

Archived