How to fix our Jets

Jet27

Here you go guys, a quick formula:

1. Give Rex this year (2012) to right the rudderless ship that is this Jets team. With a new OC.

2. Tanny, has got to have a great draft and FO signings.

3. Being an accountant type, should not be hard for him to work his money management skills and ensure the Jets are in good shape.

4. Trade for Manning.

5. Sanchez hits the bench...if he whines...show him the door.

6. Take the cap hit on holmes and either trade of release his a$$ now.

7. Draft Speedy OSLB's....Give Maybin more playing time also.

8. Draft Speedy DE's.

9. Give Macelroy the backup role.

10. Objective.......If we dont win the division...Rex and Tanny are out of here.

1. Give Rex this year (2012) to right the rudderless ship that is this Jets team. With a new OC.

3. Being an accountant type, should not be hard for him to work his money management skills and ensure the Jets are in good shape.

4. Trade for Manning.

8. Draft Speedy DE's.

10. Objective.......If we dont win the division...Rex and Tanny are out of here.

What will be left of the draft picks if we were to trade for Manning ?

Manning has neck issues. Thats some of the toughest, potentially life altering injuries and its very very difficult to come back from those without a significant risk. Why would anyone want Manning unless first and foremost he shows he can play and has the will to play is beyond me.

What will be left of the draft picks if we were to trade for Manning ?

Manning has neck issues. Thats some of the toughest, potentially life altering injuries and its very very difficult to come back from those without a significant risk. Why would anyone want Manning unless first and foremost he shows he can play and has the will to play is beyond me.

Contingent if he can play.....

1. Fix the O-Line. Draft a mauler at RT, and sign at least one capable backup.

2. Get a real blocking TE. Mulligan is absolutely terrible. This can probably be filled in Free Agency.

3. Draft or sign a cover safety. Our inability to cover TEs has killed us.

4. An inside LB would be nice as well.

5. Fire Brian Schottenheimer

There is no doubt in my mind Manning can still play, and as long as the line protects the QB the way they should, he is just as good or even better than his counter part pretty boy Brady! How about getting a running back that can hit holes fast and furious, like Marshawn Lynch? This should be part of the formula for success. Also we need a guy on the bench who is not afraid to put someone in their place, Holmes should have never gotten away with acting like a little upset bitch. We need someone like a Ray Lewis who will get in your face if you are not a team player. And the mantra for the season should be "SAVE THE DRAMA FOR BROADWAY, THIS IS A MAN'S SPORT"

1. Fix the O-Line. Draft a mauler at RT, and sign at least one capable backup.

2. Get a real blocking TE. Mulligan is absolutely terrible. This can probably be filled in Free Agency.

3. Draft or sign a cover safety. Our inability to cover TEs has killed us.

4. An inside LB would be nice as well.

5. Fire Brian Schottenheimer

This is actually doable and could work.

Suppose the Cheatriots go 14-2 or 13-3 again (and of course 1 and done in the playoffs) with the Jets getting back to the AFCCG as a wild card? How about they go 11-5, but lose out on the playoffs on a tie breaker? You can't make it contigent on something like this.

What the FO needs to do is show great improvement from this season, not on some end result like winning the division. The most critical thing to me for the FO is that they show leadership and discipline. The total lack of these traits is what caused this cluster f*k of a season.

Suppose the Cheatriots go 14-2 or 13-3 again (and of course 1 and done in the playoffs) with the Jets getting back to the AFCCG as a wild card? How about they go 11-5, but lose out on the playoffs on a tie breaker? You can't make it contigent on something like this.

What the FO needs to do is show great improvement from this season, not on some end result like winning the division. The most critical thing to me for the FO is that they show leadership and discipline. The total lack of these traits is what caused this cluster f*k of a season.

I should have stated back to the playoffs and win etc.... and also agree with you.

4. Trade for Manning.

8. Draft Speedy DE's.

I don't see them having the cap room to trade for Manning and keeping Sanchez. Although I am not sure what the cap hit would be for releasing Mark (not saying that would or should happen).

I don't see them having the cap room to trade for Manning and keeping Sanchez. Although I am not sure what the cap hit would be for releasing Mark (not saying that would or should happen).

I am probably hoping...your probably right about the cap room. But man, that would be something to see Manning throwing TD after TD in a Jets uniform. I guess I might be dreaming

1. Ryan takes the reigns after his embarrasing loss of the team this season.

2. Holmes gone. Period. Message sent to the rest of the slackers. Eat the cash if you have to.

3. Develop Kerley as a #2. Keep Plax or FA a mid-level WR. We don't need stars, just real players here.

4. Big, nasty EXPERIENCED guard. Ducasse is shown the door.

5. Draft smart. No trrading up. RT/LB/S/TE

6. McElroy bumped to #2. Pushes Sanchez.

7. Keep Lt and Greene right where they are. Use LT more. Thye can both pick up the blitz--and thats key for mark.

1. Acquire 2 additions to the Oline(1 guard and 1 tackle)

2. Safety that can cover TEs

3. 1 to 2 new LBs to develop

4. 1 to 2 WRs

5. ???

6. Profit

With the peeps we have returning from injury and a run first offense we will win the AFC and represent in the SB.

This is actually doable and could work.

Everybody is looking to turn this team into a high-powered offense. That's pie-in-the-sky. We will never be that kind of team with a defensive coach like Rex running the show. Rex is all about ball control on offense to compliment his ideal suffocating defense.

Contrary to what many think, this team isn't far from becoming that kind of team.

Our biggest problem on offense wasn't Sanchez or the receivers. It was the O-Line. Because of the lack of protection, Sanchez became very uncomfortable in the pocket. This affected every aspect of his game. Accuracy (not his strong point to begin with), deep passes, mechanics (something people loved about him coming out college), all were negatively affected by the lack of protection. I also think he was banged up much more than anyone has let on. He took some big hits over the course of the year.

The O-Line was also the biggest culprit for the complete failure of the running game. A mauler on the right side (which is what Damien Woody was, and what Wayne Hunter isn't) will greatly help that. A true blocking TE will do so as well.

Our D-Line is sound, and going to be even better with all of that youth getting a real offseason's worth of training. Westerman got better as the season wore on, and he got some experience. Him, Pace, and an early draft pick (not to mention Maybin in passing situations) can work. We need an ILB, because I think Bart Scott is done. What killed us the most was our inability to stop TEs from gashing us. A good cover safety can help remedy that. That's two or three acquisitions in free agency and/or the draft that can fix the defense.

Building the kind of team Rex would want is very doable.

The Jets aren't gonna be able to fix it all in one offseason. I'd like to see them devote this offseason to rebuilding the defense. I think top priority should be OLB and safety. I'd even prioriitize ILB over RT and take my chances with Hunter, Ducasse, Turner and whomever they can add later in the draft or in FA.

The Jets aren't gonna be able to fix it all in one offseason. I'd like to see them devote this offseason to rebuilding the defense. I think top priority should be OLB and safety. I'd even prioriitize ILB over RT and take my chances with Hunter, Ducasse, Turner and whomever they can add later in the draft or in FA.

There is no way in the world the Jets go into next next season with Hunter at RT. None, nada, zippo, zilch.

Draft

1-Courtney Upshaw or Melvin Ingram DE

2-Trade up to steal Barron or Burfect if available

3-Robert Lester TJ Macdonald or best safty available.

4-RB or trade up in second round

5-OL

6-K or LB

7-K or WR

2012 Roster

Wilkerson Pouha Devito

Upshaw Harris (Burfect or FA ) Pace

Revis (Barron/TJ/RL) LLandry Cromartie

Offense

Ferguson Saulson Mangold Moore FA(Mckenzie?)

Sanchez, Holmes, Jerricho(sign him),Kerley, FA or pick

Greene Mcknight FA or pick

Notable Backups:Rob Turner, Wayne Hunter(cut and resign he is due 2.5 in Feb), Josh Mauga, Greg Mcelroy, etc

New OC please as well

Ok this is all assuming we fire, or get rid of Schotty one way or the other, and I would like to see him replaced by the Texans QB coach Greg Knapp.

I'm gonna start from the FA process, in order of priority IMO

1. Get a RT who is experienced in both run blocking and Pass protection, half the problem on the O-line and the offense was the lack of ability to create a pocket and throwing lanes for Sanchez, and a lot of that is Mark's fault to, Rex doesn't care about pass protection when he evaluates O-lineman that's why we drafted Ducasse so high all Rex saw was big road grating body to run block, that's irresponsible, also the RT should be a take charge leadership guy.

2. I was close to putting this ahead of 1, get a god dam punter who doesn't SUCK, we have lost more than our share of games in the last 5 years because of poor punting, please please get a good reliable punter, and make it a priority.

3. Get a TE who cam run block, and be a threat to catch the ball, I would love Joel Dreesen, and they would coincide with firing Schotty, and hiring the Texans QB coach Greg Knapp as our Offensive coordinator, to help install the offense. We have 3 TE on this roster Keller, he is more of a H-back not a great blocker, Cumberland, physical freak type TE who is more of a WR, poor blocking skills, and Mulligan, well he does everything poorly period. The new offense will rely on 2 TE sets at times, and both need to be able to block, and be a formidable target, I think we could be ok with Dreesen, and Keller, if we had to, and bring Cumberland in once in a while for his receiving threat.

4. Get a FS who can play CF, and cover a TE, and, bring back Leohnard if his health is ok, Smith should be relegated to 3rd S/hybrid LB where he is ok. Rex will not let Smith go he loves him so don't be delusional on that Smith is signed and will remain here next year.

5. Sign a up and coming dirty work ILB alla young Bart Scott, these guys can be had because of the little recognition they receive for doing the dirty work.

6. Bring back Bryan Thomas, he should be had cheap after his injury, and tender Maybin for situational downs, we need to get younger at OLB through the draft but those guys are no guarantee to be ready to step in so you need a back up plan, and I think Thomas is still very good at setting the edge to stop the run, this is very important to Rex, he likes to get in 3rd and longs and to do that you need to stop the run.

7. Bring back Pouha, and Devito. The DL can be left alone after that it is very deep behind those 2, and very young.

8. Listen Tone is gonna be here next year it just doesn't make financial sense, and sometimes every, and anything else has to take a back seat to that, I believe that is the situation here, would they like to rid him probably but will they no. Let's face it Plax is gone, Kerley can play the slot, so we need 2 WR's, I would love to draft 2 in the 1st 2 rounds, the speedster from Baylor, and Nick Toon, big physical receiver because we absolutely need 1 of each, so I know that's not realistic but I do believe it is realistic to grab one of the 2, so you decide in FA which it is either sign a speedster like Meachem, or a possession guy like Walter and then draft accordingly.

Draft

1st round it's one of two picks here WR, or OLB, the top O-lineman will be gone by 16 and the others would be a reach there, same for the Safety position, Barron will be a reach at 16

2nd round WR, or S, if you took Courtney Upshaw in round 1 you need to either get Barron, or Toon here you might have to move up to get either, I believe both will be available at the start of the 2nd round, a lot of steam has been growing about Nick Foles here the QB, I hope not that just isn't the right time to do this.

Rest of draft a lot of O-lineman

There is no way in the world the Jets go into next next season with Hunter at RT. None, nada, zippo, zilch.

Your right. I meant to write 'or,' as in one of either Hunter, Ducasse, Turner or someone new - most likely the latter. I just don't want the Jets to prioritize RT over the defense.

The Jets in my opinion need to rebuild the offense and letting Tone go is the first part of that. With Tone and Plax gone there will be holes at wide receiver yes but maybe its time we look to the draft to grab a few good wideouts who can develop with Sanchez and who would actually listen to him. I realize the cap hit is going to make things difficult but its not as big of an issue as most people think. Check out the link http://nyjetscap.com/2011_Post/guaranteedcut.php. There will also need to be a few improvements in the line as well. The smart thing to do is add some team guys and veterans. Things are never as good or bad as they seem."

1. Fire Schotty, install a new offense.

2. Have Rex take ownership of the whole team. Not just half of it.

3. Bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez, one that could be a game manager if Sanchez continues to fall apart.

4. Sign an experienced Right Tackle.

5. Do not re-sign Plaxico. Trade Santonio, if possible.

6. Sign a veteran WR, not a superstar, someone who wants to win. Draft a big-bodied WR to develop.

7. Sign a safety. Draft another safety.

8. Add an ILB, and an OLB.

9. Focus on 1 week at a time. Stop talking about SuperBowl. Stop talking about 2 AFCC games in a row.

10. ******* win.

1. Fire Schotty, install a new offense.

2. Have Rex take ownership of the whole team. Not just half of it.

3. Bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez, one that could be a game manager if Sanchez continues to fall apart.

4. Sign an experienced Right Tackle.

5. Do not re-sign Plaxico. Trade Santonio, if possible.

6. Sign a veteran WR, not a superstar, someone who wants to win. Draft a big-bodied WR to develop.

7. Sign a safety. Draft another safety.

8. Add an ILB, and an OLB.

9. Focus on 1 week at a time. Stop talking about SuperBowl. Stop talking about 2 AFCC games in a row.

10. ******* win.

Pretty much agree entirely with this, although I would expand #7 to sign two safeties and draft another. Nobody from the current safety crop should be higher than #4 on next year's depth chart.

Pretty much agree entirely with this, although I would expand #7 to sign two safeties and draft another. Nobody from the current safety crop should be higher than #4 on next year's depth chart.

Thanks.

Come back to the mafia now.

My thoughts:

1)Bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez, one that could be a game manager if Sanchez continues to fall apart.

2)Offensive line changes are a MUST!!!

A running back like we had with Thomas Jones.He was a monster and got those extra yards on his own which made the O line look so much better. I think Greene did much better when he was an understudy with Jones... Foote could be our answer if he is healthy... Tomlinson is a great back but without a decent O line he cannot be a game changer.

I know everyone wants Shotty to go, but not that I am a big fan of his but you are only as good as the talent and we need some play makers....

3)WE NEED DEFENSE. Lets face it we need a front 7 like the Giants. I hate that word Giants but it is very true.

But..... The main ingredient that was missing was HEART... Never saw them play with it this year.... If we had it we would not be watching the playoffs...

1 Jason Campbell

2 a RB to split carries w/Greene - smaller/faster

3 sign and trade Desean Jackson for Santanio (does NFL even do sign and trades?) Draft WR

4 Sign/draft a blocking TE

5 Sign RT - paycut Hunter, keep Ducasse

6 Dave Tollefson - NYG special teams captain/DE rotation

7 sign/draft OLB (lol, Mario Williams?) sign/draft ILB

8 Trade Cro for a kickass Nickelback and give Wilson his shot

9 Laron Freakin Landry (coming off injury, may be cheap, he was talking about signing a 1 yr deal w/Wash, give him 3 yrs) Draft/Sign FS who can COVER

10 punt Conley in his a$$ on the way out and spend a couple $$$ on a decent punter...Folk is ok

This will be my Madden offseason even tho I'm 16 - 0 and won the SB

4. Trade for Manning.

8. Draft Speedy DE's.

There is a lot of money that needs to be had for this to happen. The hits against the cap just for Manning, Holmes dump and Sanchez dump would be crazy. Also, the draft picks that have to be given up for Manning will be crazy. Now, you can ask if Manning is cut, then draft picks are not the issue but you now have bid against teams that have "no" QB, like Miami.

Manning is not the savior that everyone makes him out to be. If he gets hit the way Sanchez did this year, he will be out week 2 with the neck issue. Top priority is the O-Line and a better pass rusher.

Archived