LT Hints That WR's Could be Root of Problem

flgreen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So body language and nameless people...Pass...pass and I love bashing Sanchez.

I mean, you don't need much beyond his performance to prove he isn't mentally tough, do you? In this league you need to be mentally tough to play the QB position. Look at Eli. As Jason mentioned, he's been in the league 8 years and every season up until this one he's been bashed brutally by NY media and fans. He's completely oblivious to it and it shows.

So body language and nameless people...Pass...pass and I love bashing Sanchez.

If Sanchez is sulky than what does that make Eli? haha all assumptions because of a few douchebags in the locker room (who are bigger pussies for not putting their name to comments).

I mean, you don't need much beyond his performance to prove he isn't mentally tough, do you? In this league you need to be mentally tough to play the QB position. Look at Eli. As Jason mentioned, he's been in the league 8 years and every season up until this one he's been bashed brutally by NY media and fans. He's completely oblivious to it and it shows.

Are you kidding me? Eli looks so sad out there sometimes, he's just that kind of guy. Plus what has Sanchez done or said to make you feel like he can't handle NY all of a sudden?

Not perform? lol. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. This isn't a tough one.

So you're taking everything else out of the equation....bad play design, poor route running, bad mechanics and footwork, lack of protection, sh*t running game and just saying hes mentally overwhelmed by NY. I just don't see it man, he's been criticized since he's been here, maybe not as harshly but he has handled it fine.

So you're taking everything else out of the equation....bad play design, poor route running, bad mechanics and footwork, lack of protection, sh*t running game and just saying hes mentally overwhelmed by NY. I just don't see it man, he's been criticized since he's been here, maybe not as harshly but he has handled it fine.

How has he handled it "fine"? He regressed as a football player this year and suddenly anonymous teammates are suggesting he's a coddled pussy. Obviously he isn't doing something right.

How has he handled it "fine"? He regressed as a football player this year and suddenly anonymous teammates are suggesting he's a coddled pussy. Obviously he isn't doing something right.

Anonymous teammates means nothing man. Its like me finding a person you work with who might just not like you and he calls you a bitch. Then I go around telling everyone you're definitely a bitch cause some a$$hole who just doesn't like you told me that.

Oh and he wont let me tell you his name. Does that seem like a good way to find out the truth about someone?

Anonymous teammates means nothing man. Its like me finding a person you work with who might just not like you and call you a bitch. Then I go around telling everyone you're definitely a bitch cause some a$$hole who just doesn't like you told me that.

Oh and he wont let me tell you his name.

How about Mike Tannenbaum saying Sanchez is "not where he should be?" Is that enough for you?

Sanchez seems to have the physical tools and physical toughness for the position. His problem is between his ears. Either he's too slow at processing the game, just plain dumb, lacks mental toughness, or all three.

The fact that a guy isn't a very good NFL qb doesn't mean he can't handle NYC. It just means he isn't a very good NFL qb.

Really, I didn't intend for this to get on a "NYC media is to blame!" track. I said that mental toughness is required for the position of quarterback in the NFL, and that Sanchez doesn't have it. My example of someone who DOES happened to be Eli Manning. The fact that he's having success in NYC is just icing on the cake for that theory.

How about Mike Tannenbaum saying Sanchez is "not where he should be?" Is that enough for you?

Sanchez seems to have the physical tools and physical toughness for the position. His problem is between his ears. Either he's too slow at processing the game, just plain dumb, lacks mental toughness, or all three.

I completely agree with you there I just don't think it has to do with mental toughness just that Schotty ****ed up his head or he ****ed up his own head focusing too much on completion percentage.

I guess if that's what you mean by mental toughness I agree but its not about not being able to handle NY media and fans....although, booing as he runs out the tunnel....****in stupid. That would piss anyone off.

Really, I didn't intend for this to get on a "NYC media is to blame!" track. I said that mental toughness is required for the position of quarterback in the NFL, and that Sanchez doesn't have it. My example of someone who DOES happened to be Eli Manning. The fact that he's having success in NYC is just icing on the cake for that theory.

That's my fault man, I ran with that but I do agree his problems are mostly mental...I just wouldn't say he's mentally weak.

I just don't think it has to do with mental toughness just that Schotty ****ed up his head or he ****ed up his own head focusing too much on completion percentage.

Schottenheimer was right to focus on completion %. In our offense, being efficient is more important than trying to gun it downfield every play and be a quarterback he's not. Sanchez has just sucked at ANYTHING he's been asked to do.

We'll see if Schottenheimer "****s up" Bradford's head.

Eli has always made stupid, clueless, "sulky" faces and he's caught crap for that and more throughout his 8 seasons. He's just lucky enough to live in a town where the past is the past and can be manipulated to fit the present.

Eli has always made stupid, clueless, "sulky" faces and he's caught crap for that and more throughout his 8 seasons. He's just lucky enough to live in a town where the past is the past and can be manipulated to fit the present.

He's also good at the game now. That helps.

Schottenheimer was right to focus on completion %. In our offense, being efficient is more important than trying to gun it downfield every play and be a quarterback he's not. Sanchez has just sucked at ANYTHING he's been asked to do.

We'll see if Schottenheimer "****s up" Bradford's head.

It is possible to over focus on something to the point where you can't do it anymore...you get the yips! Its been known to happen in any profession. Is it coincidence that everyone talked about his completion percentage and then BAM! his mechanics go to sh*t? He was over focused on it and stopped slinging it, that's why no long passes either.

I completely agree with you there I just don't think it has to do with mental toughness just that Schotty ****ed up his head or he ****ed up his own head focusing too much on completion percentage.

I guess if that's what you mean by mental toughness I agree but its not about not being able to handle NY media and fans....although, booing as he runs out the tunnel....****in stupid. That would piss anyone off.

I'd say that if Sanchez went to mush because Schotty had him focusing on something a simple as, completing more passes, then its a full blown conclusion that Mark Sanchez is indeed a mental midget.

I'd say that if Sanchez went to mush because Schotty had him focusing on something a simple as, completing more passes, then its a full blown conclusion that Mark Sanchez is indeed a mental midget.

JiF that's not what I meant, I think it was mark over focusing on it. Read post above yours.

The Schotty aspect comes in by him designing awful routes with all the WR inside 10 yds right next to eachother.

JiF that's not what I meant, I think it was mark over focusing on it. Read post above yours.

But that's circular, because if Mark was capable of simply completing more passes, Schottenheimer would never have had to overly focus on it. Between that and those stupid red-yellow-green cards its clear that Sanchez just has dumb brains.

The Schotty aspect comes in by him designing awful routes with all the WR inside 10 yds right next to eachother.

I used to think like this. Then I watched as time and time again, receivers would be running free, and Sanchez would just continue to wait....and wait.....and wait.

Maybe plays were poorly designed. But receivers were open more often than not. It's no wonder Holmes hates Sanchez.

But that's circular, because if Mark was capable of simply completing more passes, Schottenheimer would never have had to overly focus on it. Between that and those stupid red-yellow-green cards its clear that Sanchez just has dumb brains.

You don't think that red yellow green bullsh*t ****ed him up even more?

And they should have just let him.progress like a normal qb instead of all this sh*t. They never let him just grow like a normal nfl qb. His comp % probably would have gotten better each year if they left him alone.

You don't think that red yellow green bullsh*t ****ed him up even more?

And they should have just let him.progress like a normal qb instead of all this sh*t. They never let him just grow like a normal nfl qb. His comp % probably would have gotten better each year if they left him alone.

Again, circular. They couldn't let him progress like a "normal QB" because he isn't competent.

Meh, dont buy it. All he's essentially asking him to do is get better and complete more passes. This shouldnt require some intense focus that you lose sight of everything else that comes along with the position. Now, if his only issue was accuracy, I think you might have a point because he seems to be aiming the ball. But thats just one of many problems so I cant take over focusing as the root of it all.

I'm not one to blame Schotty for Sanchez's shortcomings. We'll see, but I've got a feeling it has very little to do with it.

Meh, dont buy it. All he's essentially asking him to do is get better and complete more passes. This shouldnt require some intense focus that you lose sight of everything else that comes along with the position. Now, if his only issue was accuracy, I think you might have a point because he seems to be aiming the ball. But thats just one of many problems so I cant take over focusing as the root of it all.

I'm not one to blame Schotty for Sanchez's shortcomings. We'll see, but I've got a feeling it has very little to do with it.

Good part is that we'll find out either way.

I just don't think they let the guy grow like a normal qb. Sparano may be better and keeping him mentally ready, protected, and give him shots down field so we'll see.

Again, circular. They couldn't let him progress like a "normal QB" because he isn't competent.

Can't know that after 1 yr of college and half a season...that's when they started that red yellow green crap. didn't even give him a chance to progress normally.

Can't know that after 1 yr of college and half a season...that's when they started that red yellow green crap. didn't even give him a chance to progress normally.

It's simpler to say Sanchez sucks, and its the truth. Even if Schottenheimer mismanaged things, Sanchez is the bigger problem by far.

Archived