Ahmad Brooks?

Jets23

Brooks is a solid, but not flashy player. He is off the best season of his career. He is going to be over paid. Is his 7 sacks, (most of his career) a sign that he is about to make a turn into a solid pass rusher? Could be but I doubt it. Are the Jets going to grossly over pay him on that possibility? Calvin Pace? I hope not.

Wouldn't mind having the guy, just not going to pay him the money he is going to get.

Depending on his health, I would sign Thomas back for a cheap one year deal. That is if he can play

Brooks is a solid, but not flashy player. He is off the best season of his career. He is going to be over paid. Is his 7 sacks, (most of his career) a sign that he is about to make a turn into a solid pass rusher? Could be but I doubt it. Are the Jets going to grossly over pay him on that possibility? Calvin Pace? I hope not.

Wouldn't mind having the guy, just not going to pay him the money he is going to get.

Depending on his health, I would sign Thomas back for a cheap one year deal. That is if he can play

Definitely agree with this. If the Jets think there's a good chance Thomas can play next season and can get him back for at or around the vet minimum, I would say go that direction and then address the position come draft time.

Ahmad Brooks - LB - 49ers

49ers re-signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a six-year extension.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the maximum value of Brooks' deal is $44.5 million. Coming off a career year with 50 tackles, seven sacks, and three passes defensed as an every-down player on the NFL's second-best defense, Brooks would have been one of the premier strong-side linebackers on the market. Turning 28 next month, Brooks' 1,123 snaps were fourth on Vic Fangio's defense. The 49ers paid a premium, but they're now set at linebacker with Brooks and Aldon Smith on the outside and Pro Bowlers Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman on the inside.

http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

Ahmad Brooks - LB - 49ers

49ers re-signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a six-year extension.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the maximum value of Brooks' deal is $44.5 million. Coming off a career year with 50 tackles, seven sacks, and three passes defensed as an every-down player on the NFL's second-best defense, Brooks would have been one of the premier strong-side linebackers on the market. Turning 28 next month, Brooks' 1,123 snaps were fourth on Vic Fangio's defense. The 49ers paid a premium, but they're now set at linebacker with Brooks and Aldon Smith on the outside and Pro Bowlers Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman on the inside.

http://www.rotoworld...fault.aspx?rw=1

theend031_0.jpg

Archived