I think I've settled on Mark Barron.

SenorGato

That's ridiculous...One, Tannenbaum hasn't made over a decade's worth of picks and two if you literally mean over a decade then in 2000 they landed two pretty good ones and ALMOST had a QB until he blew out his already mediocre arm.

When they're you know...stacked against other teams the Jets are quite good at drafting...They've just missed out on some pretty big ones, and even then Sanchez isn't COMPLETELY done (breakout 2012 bitches).

This. Its really easy. Go look at other teams drafts and come back to me and tell me who is doing better than the Jets. Packers, Steelers are really the only examples that its obvious. Everyone else is either worse, much worse or right around the same success rate as the Jets.

People are all bent out of shape because they "mortgage the future by trading away late picks". Get over it. The probability of those picks coming through are like 5-10%. Trading up for quality IMO is better approach. I'll take 3-4 quality players over 10 and only the first 2 rounds are even on the roster by the start of the season. And I have no problem with trading mid to late round picks from know quantities. It isnt a horrible way to build a team, in fact its been successful, hence the fact the Jets are consistently a competitive team with a very solid starting line up. The Depth issue everyone complains about is blown way out of proportion. The only place they lack depth is on the Oline and WR which are probably the easiest positions to fix in terms of depth.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously there are more than one way to build a winning team and I tend to see the Jets as more competitive the past decade than most...with that said...have to think the Jets drafts under Tanny have underperformed Charlie Casserly's measure of draft success...too lazy to actually plug and play the names...maybe if you factor in the trades it works but still think with the actual draft selections Tanny and the Jets fall a little short...

FTR...

What does the draft really tell us?

Former Redskins and Texans general manager/NFL analyst Charley Casserly conducted a 10-year study that concluded round-by-round percentages of draft picks developing into “Successful” players. The study was done through the use of his personal scouting reports, analyzing others, watching game-tape, and “Numerous interviews with coaches and personnel people in the NFL.” Casserly defined “Successful, as a player developing into a starter within four years of being drafted.”

First-round draft picks have a 75% chance of success.

Second-rounders: 50%.

Third-rounders: 30%.

Fourth-rounders: 25%.

Fifth-rounders: 20%.

Sixth-rounders: 9%

Seventh-rounders: 5%

Archived