current jets that i would like to see move on

ylekram

and some questionable jets i would like to see stay

jim leonard = gotta go 2 years in a row he has broken down.not that great of a player when healthy,imo

bart scot t= gotta go not the same player he was in baltimore even as his first year as a jet.definetely more bark than bite at this point.thinks he is elite but,imo,is the bottom of the barrel

punter = gotta go his name is escaping me right now.dont like the dude. there is going to be some punting going on this year with this offense being installed. i dont care if they use a 3rd or 4th rounder on one.

mulligan = gotta go its already obvious that the jets dont want him.great move

byran thomas = gotta go i liked him more than most on this board.pretty good edge setter,but not much in coverage and in the pass rush department.pretty serious injury and with his age,the jets could find someone better

wayne hunter = gotta keep dont get this guy.plays back up rt like a pro,plays starter rt like he is in pop warner.the jets need to keep him as an overpriced back up.if he dont get better, see ya next year.hopefully with the new rt the jets bring in this year, hunter will warm the bench

turner = gotta keep pretty good interior guy,not so much on the outside.hopefully vlad doesnt break his leg again in pre season

vlad = gotta keep its a risk because the dude has shown little. did decent for the packages they installed for him last year.hopefully the full offseason helps this guy.if not, see ya next year

eric smith = gotta keep yes,i know most of this board wants his head dangling from a flagpost in the meadowlands, but the guy is being asked to do things we all know he cant do. a pretty decent run stopper.just not a full timer.heard he played thru some injuries last year.he is a jet by default.i like him better than pool.

pool = not sure with this guy.plays decent sometimes,looks lost others.if the jets cant bring in 2 new safties,i say keep him.if they can,adios.

by the way,this is just my opinion

jim leonard = gotta go 2 years in a row he has broken down.not that great of a player when healthy,imo

Like the guy ,but I agree

bart scot t= gotta go not the same player he was in baltimore even as his first year as a jet.definetely more bark than bite at this point.thinks he is elite but,imo,is the bottom of the barrel

Doesn't make much sense to release him, and still have to pay another player on top of his salary

punter = gotta go his name is escaping me right now.dont like the dude. there is going to be some punting going on this year with this offense being installed. i dont care if they use a 3rd or 4th rounder on one.

Agree

Think he's already gone

byran thomas = gotta go i liked him more than most on this board.pretty good edge setter,but not much in coverage and in the pass rush department.pretty serious injury and with his age,the jets could find someone better

Would like to see Thomas back if healthy. Right side of the Jets D broke down last year on the outside run. Be a good guy to have to break in a rookie

wayne hunter = gotta keep dont get this guy.plays back up rt like a pro,plays starter rt like he is in pop warner.the jets need to keep him as an overpriced back up.if he dont get better, see ya next year.hopefully with the new rt the jets bring in this year, hunter will warm the bench

Sadly he'll be here

turner = gotta keep pretty good interior guy,not so much on the outside.hopefully vlad doesnt break his leg again in pre season

Don't care. JAG that can play several positions badly

vlad = gotta keep its a risk because the dude has shown little. did decent for the packages they installed for him last year.hopefully the full offseason helps this guy.if not, see ya next year

Vlad's back. Jets are still talking him up. We'll see

eric smith = gotta keep yes,i know most of this board wants his head dangling from a flagpost in the meadowlands, but the guy is being asked to do things we all know he cant do. a pretty decent run stopper.just not a full timer.heard he played thru some injuries last year.he is a jet by default.i like him better than pool.

Must take pay cut, then he stays

pool = not sure with this guy.plays decent sometimes,looks lost others.if the jets cant bring in 2 new safties,i say keep him.if they can,adios.

Like Pool. Hope he's back

i agree with most of this and for the same reasons. The poole thing is interesting. I'm pretty sure he's a cheap player. he has experience in the system which is what you want especially for the depth. To not have a significant drop off in being comfortable in the system is a big deal for a backup coming in. I like pool in that role

like your post. I totally agree with Bart Scott, all bark no bite = overated. Jim leonard i like to see him stay, its unfortunate with the injuries last two seasons. maybe you have to qeustion the size of Jim playing safety. that might have to do with getting banged up. But one aspect of Jim that shouldnt be questioned is his HEART to play the game. for that reason alone, he should be resigned. Wayne Hunter.. GONE! some how, some way get rid of him. He's on of the main reasons why sanchez looked so nervous in the pocket. no trust in getting the job done to block for him.

3 more years for Sancez, I believe in him. many may not agree. Facts are he'll be in green for 3 more years. give the guy some support. 1 bad year, get over it ITS A FRESH START THIS SEASON. GO JETS!!!!

like your post. I totally agree with Bart Scott, all bark no bite = overated. Jim leonard i like to see him stay, its unfortunate with the injuries last two seasons. maybe you have to qeustion the size of Jim playing safety. that might have to do with getting banged up. But one aspect of Jim that shouldnt be questioned is his HEART to play the game. for that reason alone, he should be resigned. Wayne Hunter.. GONE! some how, some way get rid of him. He's on of the main reasons why sanchez looked so nervous in the pocket. no trust in getting the job done to block for him.

3 more years for Sancez, I believe in him. many may not agree. Facts are he'll be in green for 3 more years. give the guy some support. 1 bad year, get over it ITS A FRESH START THIS SEASON. GO JETS!!!!

while i agree about jims heart,he doesnt possess the physical tools to play the position.getting a legit rt and getting rid of hunter would be too much.keep hunter as a back up where he seems to accel at and get a legit rt

Bart Scott was an absolute stud for the first 2 seasons with the Jets. Dont know why you think differently. Thomas was our best OLB in coverage, by far. A big part of the reason why we struggled in coverage this season. He'd often be in on coverage situations. For the right price, I'd hold on to Thomas. Not sure who's going to take on Scotts contract.

Bart Scott was an absolute stud for the first 2 seasons with the Jets. Dont know why you think differently. Thomas was our best OLB in coverage, by far. A big part of the reason why we struggled in coverage this season. He'd often be in on coverage situations. For the right price, I'd hold on to Thomas. Not sure who's going to take on Scotts contract.

while it may be true that thomas was the best lb we had in coverage,there is definetely alot of room for improvement as the jets have been eaten alive across the middle for some time now

while it may be true that thomas was the best lb we had in coverage,there is definetely alot of room for improvement as the jets have been eaten alive across the middle for some time now

Agreed, they need an every down OLB with speed that can play all facets. I'm hoping thats what we find at 16.

Archived