Yets Mock 3/24/12

SenorGato

1: Cordy Glenn OT/OG - Mammoth sized OL prospect has versatility to play any position but C on the OL. Fits the Groundz and Poundz style and could realistically become another Damien Woody type RT.

2: George Iloka S/DB - Boise S has the size, length, and athleticism to be a cover safety in this D. Big fan of the Boise crop this year, and he's one of the better one (I'd love to have him, Martin, and Winn). Lithe build is reminiscent of a young Adrian Wilson and gives hope that he'll keep the good aspects of his finesse game while adding some physicality as a pro. Will remind you of the good version of Kerry Rhodes before he became a woman.

3: Shea McClellin/Jonathan Massaquoi DE/OLB - Both were pretty productive college pass rushers with above average athleticism. Massaquoi tried to gain weight for the combine and it didn't work out so well, but he has good length and strong athleticism at his best. McClellin is a motor guy who took to LB pretty well at the Senior Bowl, and has done nothing but help himself during his draft year. Finished his career at Boise with 19 sacks.

5: Marvin Jones WR

5: Jarius Wright WR - Hoping I can explain this away as a comp pick. Very productive SEC WR. Worry lies in small hands.

6: Bryan Anger/Drew Butler P

7: Garett Celek - Brother of Brent is known for his blocking, but had a good pro day. Coming off a shoulder injury.

First UDFA signed: Brandon Bolden RB Ole Miss, next would be Jerron McMillan S/DB Maine

Doing this again:

1: Mark Barron Alabama - Plug and play FS.

2: Andre Branch Clemson DE/OLB - Might be the guy that sneaks into the first "unexpectedly." Even Clemson doesn't hurt this guy. Really athletic and has great size for his role in this D.

3: Mitch Schwartz Cal - Plug and play RT.

5: Lamar Holmes OL - College (Southern Miss) T who could be a devastating LG for this scenario.

6: Bryan Anger/Drew Butler P Cal/Georiga

6: Devier Posey WR OSU

6: Kevin Kroger TE Michigan

7: Vontaze Burfict

I think I added picks for no reason.

i wish they go Glenn but they probably won't. Barron at 16 is just too high for a guy who hasn't run and probably isn't gonna run well. Branch should be there in rd 2 but probably won't be... Mitchell Schwartz will be an early 2, he's an instant starter (and people forget his brother is already in the league).

Probably isn't going to run well? One thing I dont get is how you unquestionably love Upshaw and don't apply the same school of thought to Barron (who is a better athlete than Upshaw is for his position).

Who's Schwartz's brother? I just wanted a Jew on the team so that Tebow's team of Super Best Friends has one. The fact that he's an awesome RT prospect...Agreed he probably ends up in the 2nd.

If Branch was from a different school he might be my favorite pass rusher in the draft...perfect size and really shows some impressive athleticism.

Probably isn't going to run well? One thing I dont get is how you unquestionably love Upshaw and don't apply the same school of thought to Barron (who is a better athlete than Upshaw is for his position).

I saw upshaw with my own eyes dominate the practices in Mobile. I can't say the same for Barron who was hurt. Upshaw was the best defender on the Bama defense, Barron wasn't even the best safety.

I don't think Upshaw will even be there so it's probably not worth fighting over.

Who's Schwartz's brother?

Geoff with the Vikings (former Panther)

as for Lamar Holmes I think he's a late round possible undrafted guy. Nothing really special about his feet. I also don't believe the Jets are looking to upgrade Slauson. They friggin love Slauson. there's a decent (maybe 40%) chance Decastro is there at 16 and I also think they could pass on him.

Gone is Holmes!

Barron was the best safety on 'Bama's D, and right with Upshaw and Hightower (note: also a LB) as the D's best players. Lets not go crazy here folks.

Agreed that Upshaw might be gone, which would suck because I would be perfectly fine with picking him too. I'd prefer the WRs to go instead.

Archived