Mini Camp Tweets 6-14

flgreen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3:25 KimberleyAMartin_headshot_normal.JPG

KMart_LI: "Without question" this is the most physically-talented secondary #nyj have had in a while, said Dennis Thurman [via Twitter]

fb_share2.png

3:27 425290_752364638294_22304624_35120356_1164267652_n_normal.jpg

KristianRDyer: Initial training camp reaction: Stock went up for Josh Baker, Isaiah Trufant, Chaz Schilens and yes, Tim Tebow. #NYJ [via Twitter]

fb_share2.png

3:27 cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg

RichCimini: #Jets DB coach Dennis Thurman: This "most physically talented secondary we've had here ... we could be scary." [via T

3:28 425290_752364638294_22304624_35120356_1164267652_n_normal.jpg

KristianRDyer: There was no movement by Mark Sanchez, who was inconsistent at best. His big plays were good but looked dicey, still stuck on one read. #NYJ [via Twitter]

fb_share2.png

3:28 cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg

RichCimini: Thurman says rookie Josh Bush is No. 4 safety, Ellis Lankster No. 4 CB. Impressed with Bush's maturity. #Jets [via Twitter]

3:29 425290_752364638294_22304624_35120356_1164267652_n_normal.jpg

KristianRDyer: Don't know if anyone's stock went down off this camp but Ducasse continues to struggle and Simms was in over his head. #NYJ [via Twitter]

fb_share2.png

3:29 cimini_rich_55_normal.jpg

RichCimini: Thurman on criticism that safeties lack pass-coverage ability: Says Landry, Bell answer that question. #Jets [via T

11:57 3kfd9d9b7b6otp4nvdmv_normal.jpeg

Cnimbley: Sanchez finds his best friend Dustin Keller in the end zone & Jet fan screams, "That's our starter." #Jets [via Twitter]

fb_share2.png

11:58 bc_normal.jpg

BrianCoz: Sanchez hit Keller on a pretty post pattern for a TD on 7 on 7 #nyj [via Twitter]

fb_share2.png

11:58 3kfd9d9b7b6otp4nvdmv_normal.jpeg

Cnimbley: DaMarcus Ganaway bobbled pass from Sanchez but managed to pull it in anyway, however if the D could hit Cro would've laid him out #Jets [via Twitter]

Two really fun tweets.

Jets fans calling Mark their starter.

And Cro laying someone out.

LOL!!!!

I buy the Thurman comments. This is a potentially historically great secondary. Perfect blend of high end NFL talent (Revis, Cromartie, Landry), strong young depth behind them (Wilson, Bush, Trufant, etc), and a coaching staff that knows what to do with it.

I have good feelings on the secondary. Interested to see the front 4 this year.

I loved this DL before they even drafted Coples, easily my favorite unit on the team, and so far that pick sounds to be looking pretty good. There's some real talent in that group, and far and away more depth than any other position on the team. Even if there are injuries or Coples isn't what we hope, they still have the likes of DeVito and Dixon as the first off the bench, which is no joke, and there's still plenty of potential we could see out of Ellis, and even with that, he's no higher than 6th on the depth chart. Quite frankly, I think the real question is going to be the LB corps (specifically, the OLBs), and if they can do their job, this defense could really be absolutely disgusting.

I loved this DL before they even drafted Coples, easily my favorite unit on the team, and so far that pick sounds to be looking pretty good. There's some real talent in that group, and far and away more depth than any other position on the team. Even if there are injuries or Coples isn't what we hope, they still have the likes of DeVito and Dixon as the first off the bench, which is no joke, and there's still plenty of potential we could see out of Ellis, and even with that, he's no higher than 6th on the depth chart. Quite frankly, I think the real question is going to be the LB corps (specifically, the OLBs), and if they can do their job, this defense could really be absolutely disgusting.

I agree

This D has a chance to be special. From what the CS has seen so far they seem very impressed with Coples. They said yesterday that Wilkerson will play about 80% of the plays, and Coples will be on the field for all the plays, as long as he stays fresh. That's a big statement about a rookie in a D that uses a lot of rotation.

I also agree on the biggest question is the LB's. We have to cross out fingers here a bit. Scott's lost 20 pounds. This is his contract year, and probably his last year with the Jets. He'll be playing for his last contract. He'll be giving 100% Dennis tweeted yesterday that Davis was getting a lot of reps with the main sub D in passing situations. All three teams in the AFCE run spread O's he should get a lot of plays. Pace will be Pace. The big question will be the bulked up Maybin. With his added size, if he maintains his speed off the edge he could be a major impact player. Maybe

It's June. I'm going to be very optimistic until at least camp. It all the pieces fall right this D could be scary

I agree

This D has a chance to be special. From what the CS has seen so far they seem very impressed with Coples. They said yesterday that Wilkerson will play about 80% of the plays, and Coples will be on the field for all the plays, as long as he stays fresh. That's a big statement about a rookie in a D that uses a lot of rotation.

I also agree on the biggest question is the LB's. We have to cross out fingers here a bit. Scott's lost 20 pounds. This is his contract year, and probably his last year with the Jets. He'll be playing for his last contract. He'll be giving 100% Dennis tweeted yesterday that Davis was getting a lot of reps with the main sub D in passing situations. All three teams in the AFCE run spread O's he should get a lot of plays. Pace will be Pace. The big question will be the bulked up Maybin. With his added size, if he maintains his speed off the edge he could be a major impact player. Maybe

It's June. I'm going to be very optimistic until at least camp. It all the pieces fall right this D could be scary

Agreed, the one thing that makes me feel a little better about this LB corps is the Jets were definitely smart to finally have some backup plans in place for a change. Scott is a bit of question, but the team clearly likes Mauga and now they have Davis who has been getting nothing but praise (even from outside sources) since joining the team, so there's some options behind him. At OLB Pace should be fine, Maybin has bulked up with the idea of playing more reps, the team seems to really like Sapp and if nothing else, as long as he's healthy, we know Thomas is really solid, if unspectacular. And obviously there's no concern when it comes to Harris. While these guys may not necessarily be top notch play makers (although Harris was tied for first in INTS and second in sacks last year), they should be able to hold their own, particularly in the run game, and allow the DL and DBs to make plays.

Archived