Geisha Wars Mafia

Jack_D

TBH, I'm concerned that CTM was the real cop. The way he got pissed at me during night phase when I told him my read on JIF was a hunch and not based on a tell, came across as him lashing out because he wasn't sure if he wanted to use his viewing to follow-up my statement. Dunno.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. You're still golden, Hess. We can ride you to victory like Secretariat.

The doc protect should stop a silencer (unless EP is a silencer so you don't have to worry about that.

Since when? I've used silencer role more than most mods, and it is not an accepted truth that it is blocked by a doc protect.

TBH, I'm concerned that CTM was the real cop. The way he got pissed at me during night phase when I told him my read on JIF was a hunch and not based on a tell, came across as him lashing out because he wasn't sure if he wanted to use his viewing to follow-up my statement. Dunno.

No biggie. He was all over the eternal penis too. wait what?

Yup. She tried to give the nudge to Hess' train, and then did an "oh well" and went to EP with the reveal. I get the second part if the first never happened......but it did. Scum.

You too, btw.

EP, Lily, SMC, ???

If Hess turns out to be the real cop. Then when I proposed the AVM/EP thing on D1 it was Lily that jumped to AVM, while you and 80 went to EP. Would make me feel a helluva lot better about AVM, if Hess isn't planning to share any other investigations...

Also, since when do we follow a cop claim without getting it out of them who else they viewed?

Since when? I've used silencer role more than most mods, and it is not an accepted truth that it is blocked by a doc protect.

Wait, why not? That should be normal dynamics. A doc protect stops all detrimental actions against a targetted player.

What's the logic behind a silencer penetrating the doc protection???

LOL. You're still golden, Hess. We can ride you to victory like Secretariat.

The doc protect should stop a silencer (unless EP is a silencer so you don't have to worry about that.

Doc protects KILLS. I've never seen a Doc protect stuff like silencers.

If Hess turns out to be the real cop. Then when I proposed the AVM/EP thing on D1 it was Lily that jumped to AVM, while you and 80 went to EP. Would make me feel a helluva lot better about AVM, if Hess isn't planning to share any other investigations...

Also, since when do we follow a cop claim without getting it out of them who else they viewed?

Since it is possible he viewed town? That would invite a free kill from the mafia, to remove a vetted player that would never be a lynch candidate. You actually missed this logic?

Hmmm... this game has me scratching my head. I made some early reads on EP, AVM, Pac and Lily, and have been tangling my brains up since with Hess, Christine and SMC to a lesser extent.

If Hess is scum and figured out CTM was the cop, or rolled the dice and made this play and got lucky that CTM was cop, then bravo.

Doc protects KILLS. I've never seen a Doc protect stuff like silencers.

Incorrect. Doc protects all negative night actions, not simply a kill.

That's what protection is. It's a mafia condom.

I've never seen a doc protect against silencing. And Jack has the same background as I do. I doubt it would work that way.

We'll just have to ask JackMod then to settle it.

Also, we have to see if EP's the silencer.

Wait, why not? That should be normal dynamics. A doc protect stops all detrimental actions against a targetted player.

What's the logic behind a silencer penetrating the doc protection???

Traditional doc protects from kills.

Not "all detrimental actions", which is why in cult games there is often a doc and a cult doc. Two different purposes.

It's got nothing to do with logic, it's just not how the role works by default.

Hmmm... this game has me scratching my head. I made some early reads on EP, AVM, Pac and Lily, and have been tangling my brains up since with Hess, Christine and SMC to a lesser extent.

If Hess is scum and figured out CTM was the cop, or rolled the dice and made this play and got lucky that CTM was cop, then bravo.

Well, if true we will know sooner rather than later. If CTM is silenced tomorrow and Hess is not (with EP flipping scum), then I think you are right. If Hess is silenced and CTM comes back and states he wasn't Cop, then I think Hess might be Cop. In both cases, scum are down 1.

And if Hess is scum, they HAVE to keep him silenced or else we'll know it was a ruse. Real Cop can keep viewing and once s/he finds another scum, double kill with Hess - mafia down 3.

Win-win.

Traditional doc protects from kills.

Not "all detrimental actions", which is why in cult games there is often a doc and a cult doc. Two different purposes.

It's got nothing to do with logic, it's just not how the role works by default.

Like I said, let's have JackMod clarify.

It doesn't seem logical that, for instance, a doc can self-protect but still get silenced. Only a roleblock can stop a doc.

Incorrect. Doc protects all negative night actions, not simply a kill.

That's what protection is. It's a mafia condom.

Nope. Most new mods get their information from mafiascum and the wiki they have. While the site sucks for mafia games, it is great for mafia information. The common and original way that Doctors are used in mafia is to protect from a night kill.

Like I said, let's have JackMod clarify.

It doesn't seem logical that, for instance, a doc can self-protect but still get silenced. Only a roleblock can stop a doc.

Just stop now. Mirror, bus driver, redirector - all roles that can thwart a Doc.

Since it is possible he viewed town? That would invite a free kill from the mafia, to remove a vetted player that would never be a lynch candidate. You actually missed this logic?

I'm not missing it - I just ask because usually we drag it out of the cop claimant.

Besides, we know there is the possibility of an additional kill tonight, since N1 there was an extra kill? It would make sense if that killer is a town vig with limited shots like Tina was, to narrow that person's pool a bit no?

Archived