Texans = 1984 Pittsburgh Penguins?

R44

Wasn't into the NHL big time in 1984, as I would be a few years after that. But all avid hockey fans know the Pens tanked the latter part of the 1984 season to make sure they got Mario Lemeiux.....

They made a bunch of weird trades, roster moves and lineup moves in an attempt to get "younger".

It worked, they edged out the Devils for #1 overall pick and Devils were "stuck with" Kirk Mueller......Decent player in his time, but?

Anyhow, getting to the point: Texans have cut their starting right tackle Victor Riley today and benched starting safety Marcus Coleman today....Neither are great players, but they were the best they had.

Don't be surprised to see more players cut and others will come up with "minor injuries" that will end their season, as the Texans will "play it safe" and IR them.

Only problem for the Texans? As bad as they are, they face the equally bad 49ers on the final day of the season :oops:

I have watched a LOT of Saints games over the past few years, and there has GOT to be a better tackle on their roster than Victor Riley. The man is a human turnstile. I'm a conspiracy theorist myself. I think there was someone in the grassy knoll, I think there's little green people in the sky, and I think Neil O'Donnell is living on his own private island that Jerry Jones bought him. But I don't think the Texans are throwing the rest of their games because they cut Victor ******* Riley. What did you expect? Thursday is trash day around here.

As I explained Troll, neither player is that good.....I know fully well regarding Riley's talent level (or lack of it) -- put it in writing 10 months ago.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/teams/nav/NO.cfm

Plus, I stated I believe these are just the start of a rash of moves to come....we'll see.

By the way, not saying they are "throwing games".....like the 1984 Penguins, they are "looking at younger players" wink ~ wink =D>

As I explained Troll, neither player is that good.....I know fully well regarding Riley's talent level (or lack of it) -- put it in writing 10 months ago.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/teams/nav/NO.cfm

Plus, I stated I believe these are just the start of a rash of moves to come....we'll see.

By the way, not saying they are "throwing games".....like the 1984 Penguins, they are "looking at younger players" wink ~ wink =D>

Why would the Texans be so hot for Bush when they have a legit RB D. Davis? Doesn't make sense to me to go nuts about an underclassman that may not even be in the draft! Everyone say it with me, he has yet to declare. Even if they do draft Bush, which makes no sense because they desperately need OL help, can Bush pull an Elway or Manning?

The Texans have pulled losses out of victories the last two weeks

They are not in a position to care at this point from a team standpoint- Capers is out as head coach so someone new will be there next year

Davis is a good back but Reggie Bush could be a special back- there is a difference

Faba, comes through in the clutch =D>

Davis, in 3 seasons, has barely averaged 4 yards per attempt....Last season, 2004, despite scoring a bunch of TD's, he averaged less than 4 yards per attempt.

As faba stated, they have nothing to gain winning 1 or 2 more games.

To the owner, that #1 pick has a value far exceeding one extra win.

Suppose they don't want Bush (which I doubt)....Imagine the package they could get for a team wanting to trade up?

How about if a team wants a QB or if Brady Quinn joins the draft?

How much is the #1 pick worth in a trade?

As faba also stated, the last 2 losses by Houston were too improbable (particularly the Rams game).

They are in Penguins mode, circa 1984, no doubt.....Now the players are the only ones that can blow it, by beating the 49ers.

Archived