JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

scum is voting hess now.. imo... lily, 80 or smc

I don't think it makes sense to keep trying to lynch him.. he's proportionally as likely to eat scum as town.. so let him go for a bit.. keep harpooning the MF'er

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, has anyone actually thought about what this "everyone buy a harpoon and throw it at Hess" plan does? From a "how does this benefit scum" standpoint?

Let's say all the townies left each buy a harpoon. Every townie in the game loses 3 vote points. They all throw their harpoons at Hess and say he doesn't die. Then the town is getting eaten once a day, shot once a night, and in the meantime, we've only killed one scum and so they'll actually have the numbers to pile onto lynch trains and take out townies via lynch due to the -3 votes.

Town's odds are BETTER if we just let Hess be and play to beat scum right now. I'd rather keep our votes and have him eat his way until he hits a bomb, than forfeit all those vote points for a plan that doesn't seem viable to me.

Given that Pac was the major, a shark enabler, perhaps if we eliminate the scum team the beaches will be closed meaning no more feeding for Hess, so some sh*t like that. Basically, I think maybe there is a connection between scum and Shark here. I mean Hess is chomping away on town power roles, and seemingly not working the middle - he's pretty clearly anti-town only. I won't think otherwise until he gobbles up some scum.

This.

The cranky OLD lady (Verbal)

*meanlook*

I don't think it makes sense to keep trying to lynch him.. he's proportionally as likely to eat scum as town.. so let him go for a bit.. keep harpooning the MF'er

Lookie there - 2 of my 3 for scum. Why we are trying to lynch a ****ing shark is beyond me. I'm going to go with Hess being unlynchable.

Kill the scum, and figure out Hess afterwards. If I'm wrong, only Hess can beat us. I'd rather lose to Hess than pretty much any combination of scum this game could have.

speak for yourself sissy, The HessHole is a grotesque abomination. Losing to something like that is not an option.

Lynching Hess = No lynch = free NK for scum, and another shark attack without town getting a chance to lynch.

Completely agree with you.

Kill the scum, and figure out Hess afterwards. If I'm wrong, only Hess can beat us. I'd rather lose to Hess than pretty much any combination of scum this game could have.

This.

You and me buddy. Wombat has shown his ass. He needs to die. I'm trying to find a ****ing vote count... except I don't have any intention of losing.

Are we OK with harpooning him then? I thought people were against that.

Lookie there - 2 of my 3 for scum. Why we are trying to lynch a ****ing shark is beyond me. I'm going to go with Hess being unlynchable.

You're stupid

vote SMC

And so are you.

It's Jaws ****ing Mafia. We have to kill the Shark.

You ****ing idiots don't want to harpoon Hess and don't want to try to lynch him. Great. So how the **** do we kill him????

You should read this:

Then when you are done, GFY.

Then, after that come back here and we'll lynch your scummy ass.

CURRENT VOTE COUNT:

APE ( 2 ) - Christine, Wombat

WOMBAT ( 5 ) - JiF, Verb, AVM, Hess, Ape

HESS ( 4 ) - SMC, 80, Smash, Lily

SMC ( 1 ) - CTM

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

@QUINTS

SMC - harpoon

Wombat - harpoon

Leelou - harpoon

JiF - harpoon

Smash - vest

Lily - harpoon

Christine - harpoon

Ape - harpoon

Hess - harpoon

CTM - harpoon

Are you down with harpooning Hess?

No. I've explained why. GFY scum.

Trying to lynch scum = scum claims bomb/town claims something for Hess to eat = Hess wins.

I'm down with that. Go Hess!

Claims are pretty much irrelevant now. However, that is more of a detriment to Hess than anyone.

So far in the game, people have been revealing their real roles and Hess is eating them immediately. He just ate Shinori and Tina, the last 2 safe people for him to eat. You want to neutralize Hess? Everyone is a bomb now. No matter what anyone says, Hess has to consider everyone a bomb.

Now, if he doesn't have to eat every day and wants to win. He'll stop eating. If he does have to eat every day, then **** him. Make him guess. We need to stop handing ourselves over to him by revealing.

The smartest thing we can do as townies is stop asking for harpoons, so there are no more -3 demerits towards lynches, and start lynching the people who are advocating townies buy harpoons and get -3, and advocating lynching Hess and there being a no lynch.

Hunt scum, the old fashioned way.

LOL no they're not you f***ing moron. If bombs are what help kill Hess we can't lynch them. If you have a better theory on how Hess is supposed to die let us know.

If there's multiple bombs in the game it's likely they are involved in killing hess...

If a bomb kills hess when he tries to eat them, and all of our bombs have revealed, they are pretty freaken stupid... have to fake claim on that roll

That being said, DPR would end the game if there was no way to kill hess. I just don't think lynching him 2x is the right answer. We can try again later, but we just lost a lynch.. Let scum take some shots at him

LOL dude. We all know Wombat is probably scum. Problem is this isn't a town vs. scum game at the moment. It's everyone vs. the shark.

Fear-mongering.

Hess can kill 1 person per day. Scum can kill 1 person per day. They are EQUAL threats. We can't proactively kill Hess (via lynch, harpoon, gunshots, whatever), we can only reactively kill him (via bomb). We can proactively eliminate scum though.

Then when Wombat stumbles in here at L-1 and blurts out "I'm a bomb!" I'll leave it to the rest of you to figure out what to do.

Lynch him anyway. If Wombat was an active bomb, he would not have played to survive so hard. If Wombat is a backup bomb, he's useless as backup bomb claims are probably the safest people for Hess to eat tomorrow.

LOL no they're not you f***ing moron. If bombs are what help kill Hess we can't lynch them. If you have a better theory on how Hess is supposed to die let us know.

If everyone claims bomb. Hess is in wifom land. If he doesn't have to eat every day, then the killing stops. This is a much more sensible course of action than risking a no lynch and handing over another scum NK and shark attack.

Hess eating a bomb was YOUR theory by the way. I love seeing you get all retarded now trying to debunk it. I knew your peripheral play was scum.

I'm pretty sure Hess is scum's best friend right now. As I keep saying, they can all claim bomb until Hess dies.

Based on the WIFOM Ape, Verbal, and CTM is proposing, everyone claims bomb including scum team, which means the town can't lynch a claimed bomb or else we lose the ability to kill Hess.

*Thanks to SMC for keeping this up while I was out

CURRENT VOTE COUNT:

APE ( 2 ) - Christine, Wombat

WOMBAT ( 6 ) - JiF, Verb, AVM, Hess, Ape, 80

HESS ( 3 ) - SMC, Smash, Lily

SMC ( 1 ) - CTM

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

@QUINTS

SMC - harpoon

Wombat - harpoon

Leelou - harpoon

JiF - harpoon

Smash - vest

Lily - harpoon

Christine - harpoon

Ape - harpoon

Hess - harpoon

CTM - harpoon

Fear-mongering.

Hess can kill 1 person per day. Scum can kill 1 person per day. They are EQUAL threats. We can't proactively kill Hess (via lynch, harpoon, gunshots, whatever), we can only reactively kill him (via bomb). We can proactively eliminate scum though.

Lynch him anyway. If Wombat was an active bomb, he would not have played to survive so hard. If Wombat is a backup bomb, he's useless as backup bomb claims are probably the safest people for Hess to eat tomorrow.

If everyone claims bomb. Hess is in wifom land. If he doesn't have to eat every day, then the killing stops. This is a much more sensible course of action than risking a no lynch and handing over another scum NK and shark attack.

Hess eating a bomb was YOUR theory by the way. I love seeing you get all retarded now trying to debunk it. I knew your peripheral play was scum.

tl;dr, you're stupid and I'm done with you.

Based on the WIFOM Ape, Verbal, and CTM is proposing, everyone claims bomb including scum team, which means the town can't lynch a claimed bomb or else we lose the ability to kill Hess.

This.

Archived