With What we Know Now, Where would we Be with Peyton?

Jet27

we'd have a 1 year fix on offense and the defense would still be mediocre without Revis.

a one year fix is fine but this isn't the year to have that fix.

(by the way mark is playing better... i'm starting to believe he's gonna be here a long time)

Weren't you the one who (repeatedly) said Manning sucks now and Sanchez is better??

lol

we'd have a 1 year fix on offense and the defense would still be mediocre without Revis.

a one year fix is fine but this isn't the year to have that fix.

(by the way mark is playing better... i'm starting to believe he's gonna be here a long time)

well our genius gm did just give him a 3 year extension and made him like the 8th highest paid qb in the league

Manning's a short-timer, and if we had him our D would still be soft. But at QB, we'd have what we're missing...intelligence.

It's 3rd down, you're pushing the edge of FG range, and you KNOW you're rolling out. You know you're going to be running backwards. Even a chimp doesn't take that snap without knowing he's chucking the ball to the sidelines if things go badly. Sanchez ran backward 5 yards, got confused, and layed down next to some nice men in red shirts.

Sanchez brings us an arm, but to be elite, a QB needs to be smart. And by smart I don't mean simple "balance-your-checkbook" smart, you need to be "beat-people-at-chess" smart. You need to be "Leave-3-pegs-remaining-in-the-puzzle-at-cracker-barrel-on-your-first-try" smart.

Sanchez is a nice guy, throws well, and draws a mean moustache, but he's intellectually feeble. And by feeble I don't mean "I'll major in sports administration" feeble, I mean "picking your nose with an itchy butt" feeble. "Thank-god-for-the-hypothalamus-because-I'd-forget-to-breathe" feeble.

That's all I've got to say about that.

No idea. You would assume no, but football is a funny game. We don't have Peyton and never will. Seems time to move along and focus on what the Jets do have.

It was just a thought...but I do hope Rex and company can focus on what the Jets have to do and thats win this sunday.

Manning's a short-timer, and if we had him our D would still be soft. But at QB, we'd have what we're missing...intelligence.

It's 3rd down, you're pushing the edge of FG range, and you KNOW you're rolling out. You know you're going to be running backwards. Even a chimp doesn't take that snap without knowing he's chucking the ball to the sidelines if things go badly. Sanchez ran backward 5 yards, got confused, and layed down next to some nice men in red shirts.

Sanchez brings us an arm, but to be elite, a QB needs to be smart. And by smart I don't mean simple "balance-your-checkbook" smart, you need to be "beat-people-at-chess" smart. You need to be "Leave-3-pegs-remaining-in-the-puzzle-at-cracker-barrel-on-your-first-try" smart.

Sanchez is a nice guy, throws well, and draws a mean moustache, but he's intellectually feeble. And by feeble I don't mean "I'll major in sports administration" feeble, I mean "picking your nose with an itchy butt" feeble. "Thank-god-for-the-hypothalamus-because-I'd-forget-to-breathe" feeble.

That's all I've got to say about that.

That's actually not accurate, with hindsight, Sanchez actually made the right play there. Not stopping the clock was the most important thing, it's just the fact that he went so far backwards instead of ensuring he was minimizing his loss. We were in FG range, comfortable FG range and then Sanchez made it a more difficult but still pretty makeable kick. Once Folk made the kick it was all pretty irrelevant.

If we're gonna highlight plays, that INT will stick out for a while. One of the worst I've seen ever.

As for Manning, he looks like a smarter version of Pennington right now, his arm is shot. He's still bordering on elite, because he's still Peyton Manning. We'd probably have won the Houston and NE games with him at QB, not the other two losses.

Archived