Ish's about to get real: Idzik demanding Revis report to 4/15 minicamp or lose $3 mil

T0mShane

Not in one place does it say that in the article. 

ah my mistake.  But a new article on yahoo sports by jason cole says the agents asked if reis could be excused for first 2 weeks of offseason conditioning which starts april 15th to after the draft.

edit: here you go http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--buccaneers-growing-impatient-with-situation-between-jets--darrelle-revis-031020672.html;_ylt=AoY.3ChLMR7Ato9XhqkxSeYLcykA;_ylu=X3oDMTFoZnA0Y2I3BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

BUT IT'S A LIE. THEY'RE LYING LIARS THE MEDIA THEY'RE SLATHERED IN FALSEHOOD

I thought Rex already did that?

The fans here lauded Rex and Tanny for "doing that" but ultimately they gave it lip-service and then bent over for Revis. They acted like a 3rd rate organization that was lucky to have a superstar... Idzik is acting like superstars are expected to be here, and if they can't put the team ahead of themselves, they'll be getting hit in the ass by the door on the way out.

I prefer the latter, that is true organizational change, imo.

That was my point between teh 2 posts, sorry if it didn't come across.

Idzik is handling Revis like a guy who expects every draft pick to ascend to greatness, be part of the whole, and feel grateful to play for the Jets, not positioning the Jets as the organization that fawns over the one great player they've drafted in the past 3 decades. Which is what Tanny and Rex did.

If not greatness at least a contributing part to the whole.  Just seems to me Idzik is just better at math than Tanny.  He realizes that the team needs numerous players to contribute and the money to pay them.  Kinda early to tell but he may even believe in depth.  Could very well be the end to the SOJ monkey.  Now we all have to hold hands and hope to God he drafts well.  LOL

So they assskkkkeed.permission...man what greed! Whet evil! How dare they insult my friend Woody and his money! Hes so hard to deal.with zomg headerps...

So they assskkkkeed.permission...man what greed! Whet evil! How dare they insult my friend Woody and his money! Hes so hard to deal.with zomg headerps...

wow your blowing this out of porportion arnt you.

They asked which from what analysts say is a normal thing to ask for (rehabbing where the player wants) and idzik said no. Supposedly its expected for the GM to say yes when its a star player like revis

Now I feel as though someone is on board with a plan to put an end to SOJ. 

I am liking the simple fact that there a clear diving line between the responsibilities and authority of the GM and the coach.  One of the biggest problem in the past was the fact that Woody, Tanny and Rex were velcro'd at the hip.  Separation of church and state is a much needed and refreshing change.

These players are so spoiled now that GM's are considered badasses just for asking them to fulfill their contractual obligations.

I hear ya bro, I wish somoene would abuse me like this !!!

lol

Archived