Lily's Angry Melons mafia game thread

Lily

Sounds too powerful and oddly specific. What if the person is at L-3 or L-1? You're ****ed?

Hardly.  It's two parts -- 1 time investigation for a person under specific terms (L-2) and I have the option to clear the train after I hear the alignment.

Just think about it -- I obviously have at least half of that power (the train was cleared).  If it's a scum power it's way overpowered as I could force a no-lynch, do all sorts of things honestly aside from clearing Hess on D2, 24 hours from deadline.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And IDK what you're getting at with L-3, though L-1 is a good point.  I'm not sure and I hadn't asked but considering we as a general rule stop at L-2 for reveals here it's not too difficult just requires I be around at L-2.

Even though I tend to believe AVM for now, I'm somewhat tempted to lynch one of the 2. We're 2 for 1 right now, so we could afford it.

Can't put any rationale behind it other than my gut, but I believe AVM. Makes me trust that the three of them are cleared. I'd rather fire into the remaining pool of players.

Hardly.  It's two parts -- 1 time investigation for a person under specific terms (L-2) and I have the option to clear the train after I hear the alignment.

Just think about it -- I obviously have at least half of that power (the train was cleared).  If it's a scum power it's way overpowered as I could force a no-lynch, do all sorts of things honestly aside from clearing Hess on D2, 24 hours from deadline.

Clearing a train seems way more like a scum power than a town power to me. Towns only guaranteed power in every game is voting and the lynch. Manipulating that is more often for scum than town. The investigation and terms of this power could easily just be lies.

All we know for sure is you have or had the power to clear a train and you chose to do it on Hess.

Meh.  Why have the "option" to clear a train if you're town?  If your result is scum, there's no way you'll stop the train - same for town...no way you'd let it continue.  That's why it makes no sense, and I think you're lying.

Scum read on you now.

Btw, didn't mean to neg-rep you on this one, slip of the finger. It did bring lulz though, can't lie.

So you can't read people for sh*t, gotcha.  ;-)

Even though I tend to believe AVM for now, I'm somewhat tempted to lynch one of the 2.  We're 2 for 1 right now, so we could afford it.

3, really - Nol claimed the same as Hess.

Meh.  Why have the "option" to clear a train if you're town?  If your result is scum, there's no way you'll stop the train - same for town...no way you'd let it continue.  That's why it makes no sense, and I think you're lying.

So you can't read people for sh*t, gotcha.  ;-)

3, really - Nol claimed the same as Hess.

Huh? You would want to clear the train if town, not clear the train if scum.  How does an option not make sense lol

Nolder -- riddle me this.  If Hess and I are both scum, then why would he reveal BEFORE me posting or clearing his train?  We'd be in a QT together, so I would have been talking to him and he'd know I was about to post.  Why stop waiting then and look bad for stalling? lol

Nolder -- riddle me this.  If Hess and I are both scum, then why would he reveal BEFORE me posting or clearing his train?  We'd be in a QT together, so I would have been talking to him and he'd know I was about to post.  Why stop waiting then and look bad for stalling? lol

Nolder is an idiot. So was Darthe. And JiF....I, on the other hand, am super smart and as sharp as samurai sword. 

Well being at L-2 can quickly turn into a lynch and your power is only useful if Lily is around to make it happen.

It could be Hess claimed to stall the lynch while you guys waited for Lily to clear the train.

Basically to save me, you just outed yourself as the 3rd scum....on D2. These guys are good!!!

This was my thinking too. I feel alright with AVM, you and Nol atm. I could happily kill any of the rest though.

This was my thinking too. I feel alright with AVM, you and Nol atm. I could happily kill any of the rest though.

I still feel best about Nol since we have the same role. AVM could be pulling something, which is why I think all these questions are warranted. But I'm siding with believing him since he just saved me. 

Well being at L-2 can quickly turn into a lynch and your power is only useful if Lily is around to make it happen.

It could be Hess claimed to stall the lynch while you guys waited for Lily to clear the train.

Huh?  I PM Lily when the person hits L-2.  I'm pretty sure she would honor the action at that moment.  It's just like if a Vig were to shoot someone while a mod was away, then return and a lynch had been reached.  Doesn't matter -- the Vig action was sent in first and if it effects the lynch then so be it.  You're a mod, you know this.

Now let me ask you a question, why use the power now and on Hess?

I already explained this, though I'm not sure why I'd expect you to read it unless it's a direct response to you.

Clearing a lynch is a pretty dangerous.  Deadlines.  Just think.

This was a safe time to use it

Huh?  I PM Lily when the person hits L-2.  I'm pretty sure she would honor the action at that moment.  It's just like if a Vig were to shoot someone while a mod was away, then return and a lynch had been reached.  Doesn't matter -- the Vig action was sent in first and if it effects the lynch then so be it.  You're a mod, you know this.

I already explained this, though I'm not sure why I'd expect you to read it unless it's a direct response to you.

Clearing a lynch is a pretty dangerous.  Deadlines.  Just think.

This was a safe time to use it

This cat is pure Awesome. Can't be scum. Let's kill Pac or JiF!!!

Question...Your one time view, let's say you found scum and you don't want to stop that train, would your ability to stop a further lynch be rendered useless? 

Yeah -- it's like an all in one action.  I think you're asking if I got scum could I save my lynch stop for later, and the answer is no -- I PM Lily the name of someone at L-2 and I get their alignment.  I then can choose to stop the lynch or not.  If I do or don't, either way I use up the action.

Huh? You would want to clear the train if town, not clear the train if scum.  How does an option not make sense lol

That's my point - the option isn't really an option.  As a townie, you would never allow another townie to be lynched, just as you'd never allow a scum lynch to be stopped....assuming you are a townie, of course.

That's why it doesn't add up.  There is no option.  And that role just doesn't seem right to me for a townie as a result.

Yeah -- it's like an all in one action.  I think you're asking if I got scum could I save my lynch stop for later, and the answer is no -- I PM Lily the name of someone at L-2 and I get their alignment.  I then can choose to stop the lynch or not.  If I do or don't, either way I use up the action.

If you are town, you'd never have to choose....the choice would be basically 100% obvious.  That is not how "option" roles work - this is why I think you're full of sh*t.

Archived