mini Camp Tweets 6-12

flgreen

Bob Glauber @BobGlauber  .

Jets running a good amount of Wildcat plays in minicamp practice ... y'know, like they tried last year. #tebow #sparano #epicfail
2m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist Reply
Retweet
Favorite

. .

JetNation.com 

JetNation.com @JetNation  .

Tryout d-lineman Douzable in at end.
2m  .
Blogger / Podcaster

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jarrett and Allen working at saftey second team.
1m  .
Blogger / Podcaster Reply
Retweet
Favorite

. .

Conor Orr 

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr  .

McElroy now taking the third string reps. Likely alternate just like Sanchez/Geno #nyj
3m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

. .

Rich Cimini 

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  .

Holmes and Cromartie jawing after Cromartie gets a little physical with Sanchez, who blocking on reverse. #Jets
3m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  .

Practice over: Geno Smith, working with No. 1s, was 2-for-7, 1 drop. Mark Sanchez 5-for-7, 1 TD, 1 sack. Bad day for WRs, especially Hill.
1m  .
Retweet
Favorite

. .

JetNation.com 

Field goal practice.
1m  .
Blogger / Podcaster

Practice over looks like Smith to stay with first string.

24s  .

Blogger / Podcaster

Why would you think that?   2-7  is horrible

Don't believe Cimini.  He only called out 1 drop in his stats, but there were many more during the reporting of practice.  Bottom line, Cimini is full of it.

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer  .

Jets QB coach David Lee on Geno"It has been a brand new world, each day, struggling with the little things."
35s  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

Doesn't seem like David Lee thinks Smith has replaced Sanchez

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr  .

Lee said Matt Simms has the best arm out of all 4 QBs and if he was more accurate he'd be right in the thick of things. #nyj
13s  .
Retweet
Favorite

. .

Dennis Waszak Jr. 

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73  .

Lee says Matt Simms actually has the best arm of all the #Jets QBs. Just struggles with accuracy, etc.
25s  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

Jane McManus @janesports  .

QB coach David Lee said Matt Simms has the best arm of all 4 Jets QBs. If accuracy were better, he'd be in hunt for starting job as well.
2m  .
Retweet
Favorite

. .

Kimberley A. Martin 

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  .

David Lee said Rex told him: Just get Sanchez to hold onto the ball & we'll be a whole lot better #jets #nyj
2m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

Conor Orr 

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr  .

Geno isn't "rg3 or Kaepernick" fast, according to Lee, so there's that. #nyj
3m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

. .

Kimberley A. Martin 

Geno's got speed, said David Lee -- "But he's not Kaepernick fast. (Colin's) a Jet." #nyj #jets
3m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

Jane McManus @janesports  .

QB coach David Lee said Matt Simms has the best arm of all 4 Jets QBs. If accuracy were better, he'd be in hunt for starting job as well.

2m  .

Retweet

Favorite

. .

Kimberley A. Martin 

David Lee said Rex told him: Just get Sanchez to hold onto the ball & we'll be a whole lot better #jets #nyj

2m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

Yea, that's all we have to get Sanchez to do.........Such an easy fix, just look at his last 2 seas..........o wait, nevermind.

Have to say I do not like Lee's comments at all. Seems Rex still wants Buttfumble out there which is my greatest fear.

Only possibility of being good comments is if it is just to develop a "market" for Sanchez. But not liking those comments at all.

OneJetAtATime.com @OneJetAtATime  .

Ryan: "Dee Milliner, I think he's going to be special. You see him in the classroom." #NYJ
33m  .
Retweet
Favorite

. .

OneJetAtATime.com 

Rex Ryan on CB's: "We are loaded. In today's game you need to be able to cover people [and] run. We are deep in that position."
33m  .
Blogger / Podcaster

. .

OneJetAtATime.com 

Rex Ryan: "Dawan Landry (@dlandry26) might be one of the most underrated players in the league." #NYJ #JETS
35m  .
Blogger / Podcaster

. .

OneJetAtATime.com 

Rex Ryan: "Davis Harris looks like he's pick up some speed. Cut some weight." "I've been impressed with Ricky [sapp], as well."
36m  .

Rex Ryan on installations: "We have as much in as I've ever seen. Offensively and Defensively." #NYJ
38m  .
Retweet
Favorite

. .

Manish Mehta  

Manish Mehta  @MMehtaNYDN  .

Asked whether he was going to Mark Sanchez's Jets West camp, Geno Smith says, "no comment." #nyj
38m  .
Beat Writer / Columnist

Have to say I do not like Lee's comments at all. Seems Rex still wants Buttfumble out there which is my greatest fear.

Only possibility of being good comments is if it is just to develop a "market" for Sanchez. But not liking those comments at all.

I'm afraid this is true.  I think Rex may be so hard-headed that vindication for him and Sanchez is paramount.

Truth is, if Sanchez cuts down on the turnovers, he's still a pretty bad QB.  He's just no longer one of the two or three worst.

Rex is turning the corner as a coach.  Holding people accountable, not accepting mediocrity.  

We're a lucky group of fans to have such a great HC running this team.

I don't post (or read) here enough anymore to know if you're trolling.

I don't post (or read) here enough anymore to know if you're trolling.

Not at all.  I <3 Rex Ryan.  

He's clearly turning the corner as a HC.  Keeping his mouth shut when he should, holding players accountable, upset with the effort and letting it be known.  Love the guy.  We're lucky fans.  He's a great coach, not perfect and he's developing under our noses.  Its fun!!!

Archived