Geno primed for a training camp comeback?

shhwagah

So we have Team Sanchez vs Team Geno and we have the people in the middle. I tend to be in the middle leaning toward Geno. Here's my unexpert completely unfounded opinion of what will happen in training camp:

Geno

Geno is having a hard time keeping up with learning a brand new playbook and NFL style mechanics (ie footwork, pre snap defensive reads/adjustments, etc). If Geno is half the book-rat the positive spin publicists are reporting him to be (I do believe he is), then Geno will have a loooong time to digest his mistakes and the nuances he wasn't able to pick up during mini-camp.

I believe we will see a kid ready to make a case for himself when training camp comes around, and I don't think it will be close. Geno has arm talent like I haven't seen on the Jets in my lifetime. He can really sling the rock. He just needs to learn to make the best decisions given the talent around him.

Sanchez

As for Sanchez? I think we've already seen the best he has to offer. He's learning the new playbook faster than Geno because of his WCO experience in USC, his NFL experience, and his connections to former NFL players who've worked with Mornhinweg. He should be waay ahead of Geno by now as far as I'm concerned. Sanchez is a nice kid, I really wish things had worked out with him. He didn't have the right players and coaches around him to do what everyone expected him to do. Now he's got the bad QB stigma all over him and its tough to fight out of it. I really wish he was our guy before we went and got Geno

My anonymous source informed me both look relatively crappy so far. Nothing to write home about. Either way, no matter who starts it's probably gunna be a sh*t show. I'd just prefer to watch someone else besides Sanchez orchestrate the whole thing. I think Geno has higher upside at this point. 

Come back! the kid never left! he's right there can't you see him? look closer there he is ahead of Franchez er! my bad I mean Sanchez..

Geno isn't doing the things Sanchez is doing right now. Getting the offense lined up fast and getting rid of the ball quickly. From what I've been reading Sanchez is making better decisions than Geno with the ball.

Geno isn't doing the things Sanchez is doing right now. Getting the offense lined up fast and getting rid of the ball quickly. From what I've been reading Sanchez is making better decisions than Geno with the ball.

...and then the ball leaves Sanchez's right hand...

:bag:

pointman, on 23 Jun 2013 - 22:48, said:

If Geno can't beat out Sanchez for ANY reason... he is garbage. Write him off and draft another turd next season. Whatever the case, I'd rather see Simms throwing the rock for us than Sanchez. I am over it.

Well, then there's this.

All u guys want Is anyone other than Sanchez I get that but everyone that could have drafted him who wanted a qb passed a few are great offense minded guys so ill wait and see if he's any good!

This is such an overused, faulty string of logic. I really hate it. You could literally use this criticism for 95% of the players in the league, regardless of position.

This is such an overused, faulty string of logic. I really hate it. You could literally use this criticism for 95% of the players in the league, regardless of position.

Not when it comes to QBs if they are there they get taken geno wasn't thought of as a round 1 talent . That's the facts all I'm saying is we don't know if he's the guy but everyone wants him to be

Not when it comes to QBs if they are there they get taken geno wasn't thought of as a round 1 talent . That's the facts all I'm saying is we don't know if he's the guy but everyone wants him to be

Which conflicts with every OTA and mini camp report I read.

Which conflicts with every OTA and mini camp report I read.

We all could have read the same article and got a different message. The mainstream news says they all suck, doom and gloom. The coaches when interviewed say they are happy with the progress of both QBs. The Jets bloggers give us a nice middle ground. I tend to pay more attention to the bloggers and selective attention to the coaches words. There is truth beneath all that sugar fluff when the coaches talk. 

I guess your still waiting on Sanchez to be that guy huh?

You realize Joe Montana, arguably the greatest QB to ever walk the face of the earth was drafted later than Geno right? Brett Favre went in the 2nd, Brady in the 6th, Marino at the END of the 1st. I could go on and on. Your line of reasoning is weak, to be kind. Nearly EVERYONE is passed over by someone at some point and yes, even QBs. So you're just wrong.

I guess your still waiting on Sanchez to be that guy huh?

You realize Joe Montana, arguably the greatest QB to ever walk the face of the earth was drafted later than Geno right? Brett Favre went in the 2nd, Brady in the 6th, Marino at the END of the 1st. I could go on and on. Your line of reasoning is weak, to be kind. Nearly EVERYONE is passed over by someone at some point and yes, even QBs. So you're just wrong.

I don't think either are the qb we need !! None of those qbs were the highest rated qb in a draft like geno was ! And everyone like to name the 6 - 12 qbs in the last 20 yrs that got drafted in the 2nd round and lower as guideline that everyone else is wrong and we are right !

I'm saying neither are good and we will have a top 5 pick next yr and hopefully get the guy next yr!

Geno will beat out Sanchez, come on, lets be serious. If it's not fixed like it was last year, Sanchez cannot beat any QB in the NFL, starter or backup. He is literally the worst player at the QB position in the NFL, worse than any starter or backup. If Geno cannot beat that, we have completely wasted a high draft pick on Geno. I don't buy it, Week 1 Geno starts!

Geno will beat out Sanchez, come on, lets be serious. If it's not fixed like it was last year, Sanchez cannot beat any QB in the NFL, starter or backup. He is literally the worst player at the QB position in the NFL, worse than any starter or backup. If Geno cannot beat that, we have completely wasted a high draft pick on Geno. I don't buy it, Week 1 Geno starts!

If Geno doesn't beat out Sanchez it sas nothing about his future except for the fact that he is not ready, yet. It may take a season or two before he is ready. That much has been known since before the draft.

Sanchez will start week 1. After the bye? That's anyone's guess.

If Geno doesn't beat out Sanchez it sas nothing about his future except for the fact that he is not ready, yet. It may take a season or two before he is ready. That much has been known since before the draft.

Sanchez will start week 1. After the bye? That's anyone's guess.

I think I could beat out Sanchez. Even if I agree to literally take the snap, and down it every single snap, and never hand off, never throw a pass, I think the offense would be better than it would with Sanchez as the QB

I think I could beat out Sanchez. Even if I agree to literally take the snap, and down it every single snap, and never hand off, never throw a pass, I think the offense would be better than it would with Sanchez as the QB

Well at least you're being serious.

Drew Brees / Phillip Rivers all over again imo. I think Sanchez will rise to the occasion and prove his doubter wrong. He, in all likelihood, won't be nearly as good as Brees, but he will be a middle of the pack, serviceable QB.

Sanchez will never be a decent QB.  Never.

Now you have gone just to far! He very well may be a decent QB in Madden. Or in flag football for teenage girls. Or in touch football in his back yard.

He just will never be a decent NFL QB, nor a decent NFL backup QB. But please, lets keep things in perspective here.

I don't think either are the qb we need !! None of those qbs were the highest rated qb in a draft like geno was ! And everyone like to name the 6 - 12 qbs in the last 20 yrs that got drafted in the 2nd round and lower as guideline that everyone else is wrong and we are right !

I'm saying neither are good and we will have a top 5 pick next yr and hopefully get the guy next yr!

Buffalo Bills say hello.

6-12?

As in, as few as 6 worthwhile QBs in the last 20 years who weren't drafted in round 1?

lol

Archived