Klecko says Jets going nowhere with Sanchez

Cmartin

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Joe Klecko knows firsthand what glory with the New York Jets feels like.

The big defensive lineman spent a decade with Gang Greenicon1.png and was an integral member of the Sack Exchange in the early 80s, and he had Brandon Tierney gushing over his credentials during a conversation Monday on CBS Sports Radio.

However, the main subject wasn’t so sunny; it was about the 2013 Jets.

As Klecko sees it, this team confirms the old adage that if you have two QBs, you have none. He does not see rookie Geno Smith stepping in and successfully starting from Day 1, and he’s seen far too much of Mark Sanchez.

“I just don’t think they’re going to go anywhere with Mark,” Klecko said. “Because, first of all, now you have the No. 1 receiver saying, in his own theory, maybe (he) won’t be able to play all year; he lost his go-to guy in Dustin Keller as a tight end. He doesn’t have a lot of options out there.”

While I pretty much agree with Klecko, I wuld like to point out that this is the guy who, on Geico Sports Night, said after the Jets lost to the Steelers in the 2011 AFC Championship Game (and I'm not kidding about this): "The Jets lost because they didn't score more points than the Steelers. When you don't score more points than your opponents, you're going to lose the game..."

While I pretty much agree with Klecko, I wuld like to point out that this is the guy who, on Geico Sports Night, said after the Jets lost to the Steelers in the 2011 AFC Championship Game (and I'm not kidding about this): "The Jets lost because they didn't score more points than the Steelers. When you don't score more points than your opponents, you're going to lose the game..."

Well when a rocket scientist like Kleck  states the obvious what does it say about the HC who stubbornly stuck with Snachez for 2 horrible seasons?

Well when a rocket scientist like Kleck  states the obvious what does it say about the HC who stubbornly stuck with Snachez for 2 horrible seasons?

I'm not in disagreement with you at all abotu Rex. I also don't know whether to laugh at your spelling of Sanchez, because I don't know whether it was a typo. Anyway, I kind of like Snatch-ez better.

Klecko is only saying it now, not 2 years ago, and he's still under the delusion that its because of lack of weapons.  See below:

“I just don’t think they’re going to go anywhere with Mark,” Klecko said. “Because, first of all, now you have the No. 1 receiver saying, in his own theory, maybe (he) won’t be able to play all year; he lost his go-to guy in Dustin Keller as a tight end. He doesn’t have a lot of options out there.”

Like most Sanchez apologists (what's left of them), he still hasn't recognized that Sanchez sucked even when he had legit weapons. 

Klecko is only saying it now, not 2 years ago, and he's still under the delusion that its because of lack of weapons.  See below:

Like most Sanchez apologists (what's left of them), he still hasn't recognized that Sanchez sucked even when he had legit weapons. 

We all know Klecko isnt exactly Steven Hawking but this is not the first time he has been critical of Snachez.

I see your point about his "lack of weapons" back pedal but thats what these guys do.

Well, I think everyone here is correct. Sanchez sucked even when he had weapons. They went to back to back championship games despite Sanchez. In the 2010 Thanksgiving game against the Bengals, I remember Sanchez late in the game pathetically trying to scramble, and then lateral-ing the ball right to a Bengals defender. Stuff like that was covered up during those years by a very good defense and OL.

But Kleck isn't denying that Sanchez sucks. He's basically saying that he's going to suck even more now that he has no weapons whatsoever. The only guy I'm kind of excited about being on the offense now is Bray, which probably isn't saying much. I want to see what Geno can do but I'm not so sure how fair it is to throw him on the field as a rookie with virtually no skill players on O and what will probably be a weak OL.

Archived