Looks like Santonio will play Week 1

Matt39

I cannot stand this guy. I hate Sanchez as a QB for the Jets, but I have nothing against him as a person, as I think he gave his all, it just was not very good.

Santonio on the other hand is just a bad dude. The fact that the Steelers gave him up for a bag of used footballs should have been a signal for us. I will be very happy when he is no longer a Jet.

Yeah, it's pretty clear Holmes was just getting himself out of any involvement in training camp.  Although looking at the defensive depth chart, I'm not sure being at the top of the depth chart now necessarily means a player has been determined to be healthy enough to start week 1, just that he is the starter if healthy.  Consider that guys like Coples and Ellis are also listed as starters despite health issues.

Powell getting the start at RB is certainly deserved but still a bit surprising.  Cumberland over Winslow seemed to be able to go either way, especially with all of the praise Winslow was earning throughout camp (even for his blocking) but I'm sure those two TDs in preseason helped him win it.

Yeah, it's pretty clear Holmes was just getting himself out of any involvement in training camp.  Although looking at the defensive depth chart, I'm not sure being at the top of the depth chart now necessarily means a player has been determined to be healthy enough to start week 1, just that he is the starter if healthy.  Consider that guys like Coples and Ellis are also listed as starters despite health issues.

Powell getting the start at RB is certainly deserved but still a bit surprising.  Cumberland over Winslow seemed to be able to go either way, especially with all of the praise Winslow was earning throughout camp (even for his blocking) but I'm sure those two TDs in preseason helped him win it.

I could be wrong but the depth chart and who starts, could have very little to do with who gets the most snaps  Feel like they're going to be moving a lot of warm bodies in and out of this line up. 

I could be wrong but the depth chart and who starts, could have very little to do with who gets the most snaps  Feel like they're going to be moving a lot of warm bodies in and out of this line up. 

Oh yeah, completely agree.  You're still going to see plenty of guys like Ivory and Winslow out on the field regardless of their position on the depth chart.  Same goes for a number of other guys, especially the younger ones whose upside they like.

Oh yeah, completely agree.  You're still going to see plenty of guys like Ivory and Winslow out on the field regardless of their position on the depth chart.  Same goes for a number of other guys, especially the younger ones whose upside they like.

Typical of Rex, I think we'll see a ton of warm bodies in and out of the front 7.  He's got sub-packages for damn near every situation in the game.  What I think will be interesting which we havent seen a lot of to this point, is the shuffling he'll be doing with the secondary.  Where is Wilson lining up?  Does Bush, Jarrett or Allen play?  When's Milliner in?  etc. 

Offense?  I think it will be a bit of a "hot hand" scenario since everyone pretty much sucks. 

Archived